• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Help Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried via wireless, but i couldn't get a connection between the two.

as in, i can't trade/talk to my platinum character.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
i tried via wireless, but i couldn't get a connection between the two.

as in, i can't trade/talk to my platinum character.

Wireless Wi-Fi? Or just DS Local Connection? there shouldn't be any problem there, I'd say one of your DSes is broken. You went into the Union Room, right?

if you can't talk to your Platinum character, do it the other way around o_O

Wireless Wi-Fi? Or just DS Local Connection? there shouldn't be any problem there, I'd say one of your DSes is broken. You went into the Union Room, right?

if you can't talk to your Platinum character, do it the other way around o_O

DS local connection.

yeah, i went into the union room. passed my pokemon from my diamond to my friend's cartridge, and inserted my platinum and got in. but i couldn't get my platinum character to connect with his, so i thought it was an error.

shall try again tomorrow.

thanks btw.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
lulz.

ok. i shall try that out too.

oh, and is it only possible to trade eggs? or can we trade pokemon too?

Did you mean that the other way around? Becaus you can obviously trade Pokemon O_O

I'm pretty sure you can only trade Eggs over Local, but I'm not sure. I've never traded any myself. all I know is that you could in the previous Gens

Did you mean that the other way around? Becaus you can obviously trade Pokemon O_O

I'm pretty sure you can only trade Eggs over Local, but I'm not sure. I've never traded any myself. all I know is that you could in the previous Gens

as in, from diamond/pearl to platinum.

because my d/p is english but platinum is jap(obviously).

eonmaster_457

I don't think region is a problem, since after getting Battonage Darkrai, I've traded wirelessly from my Japanese Diamond to my English one.

Beemaster

Maybe a dumb question, but where the hell is facade(42) located in platinum. I can`t find it in salaceon town and i`m more than sure that i haven`t used it.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
GBA insertion pokemon are only available after the national dex has been obtained, it clearly states that on the main site.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
So Mli, how did you get the Dunsparce?

yeah that part of his sentence doees't make any sense, cuz he says

because i remember in leafgreen/ firered i was able to catch dunsparce before getting the national dex
so i had it... but not in the dex anywhere AND I CAUGHT it

My way of taking that is that hes saying he caught a dunsparce in FR/LG, before having the national dex. Which is impossible.

But just what in the hell does that have to do with diamond or pearl.

Dunsparce are not available before national dex is acquired, because they are part of the johto pokedex, and you don't get access to that part of the pokedex, unless you've got 60 pokemon and beaten the elite four.

Also the location where dunsparce are found isn't possible to reach before national dex is obtained & the elite four are beaten, only other way is via a walk-through walls code.

So either your mistaken, or you hacked in some way to capture the dunsparce.

BTW, where did you capture dunsparce?

Last edited:

eonmaster_457

Oh, lol, I misunderstood. So he mistook FRLG tradition (which are also seemingly false) for DPP stuff.

eonmaster_457

Oh, and Dunsparce are caught in the Three Isle Port, in an extension I believe.

Now, I remember that without the National Dex, there'd only be a guy in a small cave giving you a nugget, as opposed to a long tunnel with an exit w/ the National Dex.

And no one is sane to hack for a Dunsparce, so therefore, I think he is lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.