• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Help Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamminghong

Lost in translation
I used meanlook / batonpass umbreon, and a breloom.
What really really sucked was that umbreon (being properly EV trained) was slower than the three birds (although faster than cresselia) and I had to resort to trading over my jynx, which got crapped on once the bird woke up. Oh well.
Still no clue on the dialga/palkia issue, however. I've caught all legendaries in the game barring Regigigas, and also visited the league twice. Did the event in celestic town before, but it still didn't trigger anything. Anybody have any ideas why?

Oh and @Dooney - Electerizer can be found behind the Windworks. You'll need surf.
- Michael

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
What really really sucked was that umbreon (being properly EV trained) was slower than the three birds (although faster than cresselia) and I had to resort to trading over my jynx, which got crapped on once the bird woke up. Oh well.
Still no clue on the dialga/palkia issue, however. I've caught all legendaries in the game barring Regigigas, and also visited the league twice. Did the event in celestic town before, but it still didn't trigger anything. Anybody have any ideas why?

Oh and @Dooney - Electerizer can be found behind the Windworks. You'll need surf.
- Michael

have you been into mt.coronet and collected the adamant orb and the lustrous orb, otherwise their portals won't appear

lamminghong

Lost in translation
have you been into mt.coronet and collected the adamant orb and the lustrous orb, otherwise their portals won't appear

Yeah I have. It's still rather frustrating, but seeing as chemistry final exams are tomorrow, I really should stop playing.

If you guys wanted to know, it seems that any english-language pokemon traded into japanese platinum will have an english dex entry. I haven't tested with other languages, but, still a nice gimmick.
- Michael

Mullac51

Frankly I don't care

- Michael

From what I've heard (And this is just speculation) Dialga and Palkia aren't catchable in the 'leaked' versions that many of us are playing. (Me included)

EDIT: I do think I heard somewhere that once you get the two Orbs, you visit Celestic Town once more and check the Trio painting in the small cave.

Mullac51

Frankly I don't care
I would doubt Luvdisc got Sucker Punch. If I hacked myself a Luvdisc onto Platinum, I could check for you, but don't go "oh, hacker!" on me, because I'm not.

I was intending to put up my own list of Move Tutor moves, but now that I hear Serebii is importing the directly from the game, I don't feel the need anymore. ;)

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Yeah I have. It's still rather frustrating, but seeing as chemistry final exams are tomorrow, I really should stop playing.

If you guys wanted to know, it seems that any english-language pokemon traded into japanese platinum will have an english dex entry. I haven't tested with other languages, but, still a nice gimmick.
- Michael

just checking, but you do have the national dex don't you. i.e. you've seen all 210 pokemon.

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
I have a lv 100 rotom on diamond.If i trade it to platinum and change forms to what ever will i still get the moves?
And is it possible to have shiny forms?

Emeraldia

*evil grin*
I ran away from Giratina the first time, because I thought I'd be able to battle it later.
Can you battle it again (after you beat the e4 maybe) or should I restart my game?

Wat.
Emerldi, I heard you can, but I also heard that the portal will be in turnback cave. Not sure though.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Where in the Survival Area is the move tutor? And what does he/she want in return?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I'm not quite sure where the tutor is, but Shards are always what they want...

I just checked another thread and found where it is. He/she wants Shards? Do you know roughly how many?

lamminghong

Lost in translation
The move tutor requires rock climb. you go out the right hand side of the survival area, and on the cliff face there's rocks that you can go up. it's on the ledge.
What they want are shards. Don't know how many though.
@mullac51 - that sucks if it's true. *sad face*
@kirkeastment - yeah. funnily enough, I made it through the game without seeing a tentacool or a dustox.
- Michael

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
I ran away from Giratina the first time, because I thought I'd be able to battle it later.
Can you battle it again (after you beat the e4 maybe) or should I restart my game?

u must be some kind of idiot. or maybe to idiots put together 2 make a super idiot.everyone knows that if u run from a legendary whose not a roamer it will disapear 4 EVER.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
I have a lv 100 rotom on diamond.If i trade it to platinum and change forms to what ever will i still get the moves?
And is it possible to have shiny forms?

As far as I know it will ask you if you want to delete a move when you change it's form. Shiny forms are possible, there are sprites of the shiny Rotom forms somewhere on the internet.

I just checked another thread and found where it is. He/she wants Shards? Do you know roughly how many?

I think it's 10 per move. Fire Punch = 8 Red/2 Blue and Ice punch = 6 blue/4 red iirc.

Of course it could be like Emerald BF though where some moves cost more than others, but 5-10 shards for each move is a fair bet.

arceus03

How do I make Rotom change its form, and how does Rotom learns the specific move associated with its special forms? Sorry if this has been asked ^_^;

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)

Pro Pizza Eater
How do I make Rotom change its form, and how does Rotom learns the specific move associated with its special forms? Sorry if this has been asked ^_^;

you need the special Key item for Rotom and with that key you can acces an part of galactic building where all the applications wil be(fridge, oven, etc)

arceus03

Can Rotom be gotten in Platinum or must it be traded from DP?

And, about your answer, does Rotom need to be shown to the applications so that it can change its form? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.