• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum In-Game Team

Calm PokeMaster

An EV trained team(pretty good IV's too) for Platinum:
1.Infernape@Flame Plate
126 Atk 126 Spl Atk 252 Spd
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Grass Knot
Shadow Claw

2.Probopass@Leftovers
252 HP 126 Def 126 Spl Def
Gravity
Iron Defense
Thunder/Power Gem
Earth Power

3.Togekiss(hold item undecided)
252 Spd 252 Spl Atk
Air Slash
Thunder Wave
Aura Sphere
Water Pulse
Addition of Water Pulse gives more scope for flinch-parafusion.

4.Torterra()
144 Atk 252 Def 114 HP
Earthquake
Wood Hammer
Leech Seed
Stealth Rock

5.Gyarados()
252 Atk 252 Spd
Dragon dance
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Earthquake

6.Jolteon()
252 Spl Atk 252 Spd
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
(undecided)

Help would be much appreciated.

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
An EV trained team(pretty good IV's too) for Platinum:
1.Infernape@Expert Belt
252 Spd 88 Atk 176 SpAtk
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Grass Knot
Swords Dance

You forgot the extra 6 EVs in the original spread. Drop Flame Plate for Expert Belt. All out offense isn't that great, run Swords Dance(trick I picked up over last few days).

2.Probopass@Leftovers
252 HP 128 Def 128 Spl Def
Gravity
Iron Defense
Flash Cannon
Earth Power

Probopass has no use for Gravity. You are crippling Togekiss and Gyarados by exposing them to Earthquake. You forgot about hax, haven't you? Maybe Bertha's Gliscor will awaken old nightmares...

Anyway, Thunder is not good. Probopass is basically a tank, so if you want paralysis, run T-Wave. PP, you see is unfortunately a problem in-game.

3.Togekiss@Wise Glasses
252 Spd 252 Spl Atk 6 HP
Air Slash
Thunder Wave
Aura Sphere
Water Pulse
Addition of Water Pulse gives more scope for flinch-parafusion.

Perhaps, but remember, relying on hax to win is NOT the way to go. It has this funny habit of helping us win when we could have managed anyway, but abandons us when we need it. I would suggest dropping Water Pulse/Thunder Wave for Flamethrower, for the burn chance with Serene Grace.

4.Torterra@Leftovers
144 Atk 252 Def 114 HP
Earthquake
Wood Hammer
Leech Seed
Substitute/Stone Edge

Drop Stealth Rock. No, it isn't as great as you think it is in-game. The AI never switches(practically), so you are not going to get anywhere with it. Drop it for either the Sub-Seed combo, or for a 3rd attacking move.

5.Gyarados@Muscle Band
252 Atk 252 Spd 6 HP
Dragon dance
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Earthquake

Hmmm. DD-Dos. Not much to say really, set-up and sweep is a simple strategy.

6.Jolteon@Wise Glasses
252 Spl Atk 252 Spd 6 HP
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
HP Ice

There you go, not a bad team actually, but my suggestion would be to replace Gyara with

Empoleon@Leftovers
252 SpAtk 240 HP 18 Spd
(Nature that gives you + SpDef, -Atk)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot/Yawn
-Agility

Help would be much appreciated.

Changes/ comments in bold.

Off-topic: About your sig, trust me, you don't want to put up too much of our colloquial 'Altops'. You'll be flooded with requests and will have to be on Wi-fi for ages.

Last edited: