• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum in-game team

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I haven't played any fourth-gen games from the beginning in a while, so I'm starting a new Platinum file. I need some help coming up with the team I'm going to use. I'm planning on using four pokemon on the team with two HM slaves. Here's my plan so far:

~ Empoleon

- Swords Dance
- Drill Peck
- Waterfall
- Avalanche

A physical set for Empoleon, since it so conveniently gets Swords Dance. Waterfall is good STAB and pairs up nicely with Avalanche, which takes advantage of its low speed. Drill peck could possibly be replaced with a better coverage move, but I can't think of one at the moment.

~ Luxray

- Charge
- Spark
- Crunch
- Scary Face

Charge powers up Spark. I chose Spark rather than Thunder Fang because there's a better chance of paralysis. Scary Face helps compensate for its low speed. I chose this physical set to complement its excellent Attack stat, but if a special set would be preferable for overall more powerful attacks and better coverage, please let me know.

~ Gallade

- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat
- Return (possible replacement)

Swords Dance is there because it's such a good move. Psycho Cut and Close Combat cover both STAB types. Return is there for neutral coverage and raw power, but if there's a better option, please tell.

~ Altaria

- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fly
- Return (possible replacement)

Terrible from a competitive standpoint, but I absolutely love Altaria's design. Dragon Dance patches up its middling Attack and Speed. Dragon Claw gets STAB and is boosted by DD. Fly isn't the best, but I need it for the game. I was also thinking of using Return on Altaria, but I can't use it on both Altaria and Gallade, so I need help choosing one.

Note: I'd prefer not to use pokemon that I've already used on previous teams, so here's a list of ones I want to avoid:

- Torterra
- Rotom
- Scizor
- Honchkrow
- Floatzel
- Magmortar
- Typhlosion
- Mamoswine
- Crobat
- Electivire
- Slowking
- Garchomp

(FYI, the above list consists of my Pearl and Heart Gold teams)

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Ah, thank you. I'll edit the post with the final movesets now.

EDIT: put in the movesets. Just wasted about ten minutes of my life I could have spent sleeping. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY

Last edited:

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
Luxray @ Expert Belt or Life Orb
Rash / Adamant
-Thunder Bolt / Spark
-Crunch
-Ice Fang
-Super Power

i like a mixed set better but your choice

earthquake > return on altaria