1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Platinum or Black/White?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by gregsy21, Jun 24, 2012.

1. BlazingCold

BlazingCold Well-Known Member

Gamefly black and white. If you like it, they'll sell it cheap. Then when you're done, get the sequels.

2. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Platinum was the better game in my opinion. It was actually fun to play because there was so much you could do after you defeated the Elite Four. Black and White were so incredibly boring; just the same thing over and over again. I loathe reductive games.

3. bwburke94

bwburke94 Member

Go with Black, everyone else plays White.

4. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

Actually, it seems about 50/50.

But like that matters. Just pick the one who's pokemon appeal to you the most.

5. Victini is cool

Victini is cool V-creater

That's why I have white and chose black 2

6. Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Lulu_used_SunnyDay Petal Blizzard

Platinum is a very good game, a lot better than D/P, because the Distortion world, origin Giratina, the battle park and all the numerous other additions were great.
    But, well.........B/W is simply a lot better. The only real flaws of this game was the musical and the excessive linearity in the region's structure. But it looks like they will both be fixed in B/W2

7. Victini is cool

Victini is cool V-creater

I agree platinum is way better then D/P and b/w is better then platinum and b/w2 is better then b/w

8. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

If you really have a problem with the looks and names of many new Pokémon, it's... safer for you to choose Platinum, where you'll still find a lot of old ones (and meanwhile maybe you'll grow to like some of the new ones). In BW, you'll only see Gen V Pokémon as long as you don't have the National Dex.

9. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Black or White. They're pretty good, and I've been playing since Red/Blue

10. judgeyrocks

judgeyrocks Member

black and white if i were you, but if you can get both cause in black/white you can only get 5th gen so if you want to get all 4/5 gen get both

11. Valkneer

Valkneer Wandering Trainer

I think Black and White is better because of the cool features

12. "Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome Well-Known Member

WHAT HAPPENED TO D/P?!

A tie, to be honest.

13. Shinku

Shinku neko, desu~

Hmm. Probably Black and White. Platinum is still good though. I don't really like to compare games though since both gen games have different aspects as to what makes them so great.

14. *IZ*

*IZ* Well-Known Member

D/P sucked compared to these games. And this guy said he played Diamond already. :p

I say just buy Black or White.

15. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

You should get Black/White

16. POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!! Well-Known Member

All of them are great but I would go with Black or White because the plot is better.

17. Trainer Michael

Trainer Michael Pokemon Champion

Black and White would probably be the best choice at this point in time.

I'm getting my first DS this weekend, and I'm an old-timer, too. I'm planning on getting Pokemon White as my first Pokemon game for the DS. B&W has brand new Pokemon, is a brand new experience, and is known by many to be the greatest Pokemon game since the original Gold/Silver. I'd suggest getting Black or White first, since it is the newest Pokemon game out there. Afterwards, you could probably try Pokemon Platinum, because it doesn't look that half bad either, and a lot of the old Pokemon (including Pikachu) are in it. It also has an awesome Battle Frontier.

Although, by that time, B&W 2 will already be out, and that game will be EPIC, so look out for that.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  18. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

If it's between BW1 and Platinum, get Platinum. BW1 weren't that well developed IMO, and were slightly lacking post game. BW2 fixes most of BW1's problems, though, so I'd get that game.

19. blackterminator3

blackterminator3 Well-Known Member

Platinum for the epic music, land, Team Galactic and great Pokemon.

Black and White for the great gameplay and storylines. :D

20. Valkneer

Valkneer Wandering Trainer

Black and White's storyline seems more serious than the other generations. Well, at least that's my opinion ^^