• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum or Black/White?

BlazingCold

Gamefly black and white. If you like it, they'll sell it cheap. Then when you're done, get the sequels.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Platinum was the better game in my opinion. It was actually fun to play because there was so much you could do after you defeated the Elite Four. Black and White were so incredibly boring; just the same thing over and over again. I loathe reductive games.

Actually, it seems about 50/50.

But like that matters. Just pick the one who's pokemon appeal to you the most.

That's why I have white and chose black 2

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Platinum is a very good game, a lot better than D/P, because the Distortion world, origin Giratina, the battle park and all the numerous other additions were great.
But, well.........B/W is simply a lot better. The only real flaws of this game was the musical and the excessive linearity in the region's structure. But it looks like they will both be fixed in B/W2

Platinum is a very good game, a lot better than D/P, because the Distortion world, origin Giratina, the battle park and all the numerous other additions were great.
But, well.........B/W is simply a lot better. The only real flaws of this game was the musical and the excessive linearity in the region's structure. But it looks like they will both be fixed in B/W2

I agree platinum is way better then D/P and b/w is better then platinum and b/w2 is better then b/w

Ver-mont

If you really have a problem with the looks and names of many new Pokémon, it's... safer for you to choose Platinum, where you'll still find a lot of old ones (and meanwhile maybe you'll grow to like some of the new ones). In BW, you'll only see Gen V Pokémon as long as you don't have the National Dex.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Black or White. They're pretty good, and I've been playing since Red/Blue

black and white if i were you, but if you can get both cause in black/white you can only get 5th gen so if you want to get all 4/5 gen get both

Valkneer

Wandering Trainer
I think Black and White is better because of the cool features

Shinku

neko, desu~
Hmm. Probably Black and White. Platinum is still good though. I don't really like to compare games though since both gen games have different aspects as to what makes them so great.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
You should get Black/White

Trainer Michael

Pokemon Champion
Black and White would probably be the best choice at this point in time.

I'm getting my first DS this weekend, and I'm an old-timer, too. I'm planning on getting Pokemon White as my first Pokemon game for the DS. B&W has brand new Pokemon, is a brand new experience, and is known by many to be the greatest Pokemon game since the original Gold/Silver. I'd suggest getting Black or White first, since it is the newest Pokemon game out there. Afterwards, you could probably try Pokemon Platinum, because it doesn't look that half bad either, and a lot of the old Pokemon (including Pikachu) are in it. It also has an awesome Battle Frontier.

Although, by that time, B&W 2 will already be out, and that game will be EPIC, so look out for that.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
If it's between BW1 and Platinum, get Platinum. BW1 weren't that well developed IMO, and were slightly lacking post game. BW2 fixes most of BW1's problems, though, so I'd get that game.

blackterminator3

Platinum for the epic music, land, Team Galactic and great Pokemon.

Black and White for the great gameplay and storylines. :D

Valkneer

Wandering Trainer
Black and White's storyline seems more serious than the other generations. Well, at least that's my opinion ^^