• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum - or Diamond and Pearl???

GlaceonLover1

BestCharacterEver <3
I prefer Platinum because the Actual Story is better and you can easily see all the pokemon in the sinnoh pokedex!!! ;492-s;- Plus Shaymin's new form- Yay! 2 forms for shaymin and Giritina!!!!

Wow

Who would make such a thread

I'm sure everyone will pick Platinum

dpdude

teehee

yeah this is going to be the most one sided post ever.

platinum. pearl was dumb...

Wolf Hound

I ONLY have pearl...but im planning on getting Platinum for Christmas=]

deoxisthebest

Ice gym leader
Platnum is the best!!!!!! not only for new forms, but also for have 1st and 2nd gen pokemon evolution before national pokedex :D

Vann

I've got diamond, and will definitely agree that platinum is the best version, but is it worth upgrading to platinum if you already have one of the other two? Just curious, cause I might be getting for Christmas too.

DarthVader

No, it isn't worth it. The main advantage that Platinum has over DP (the Battle Frontier), is also found in HGSS, also you will want to spend as little time as possible in the "Distortion World" and never come back after you finish the main game storyline.

Just get one of HG or SS when they're released.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
I've got diamond, and will definitely agree that platinum is the best version, but is it worth upgrading to platinum if you already have one of the other two? Just curious, cause I might be getting for Christmas too.

I got it the second it came out. Well worth it for all aspects. But yes, now that HG/SS is coming out you may just want to wait.?

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Well, I like Platinum better.
The battles are faster and I like most of the sprites too.
And the Battle Frontier is nice too.

GlaceonLover1

BestCharacterEver <3
Upset (Kinda!)

I would make a such a thread and It was my first thread. It's a simple question. I mean Some people like Platinum, whilst others don't. So next time please don't hurt my feelings cause I only joined yesterday.

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
What's wrong with pearl? o.o

i liked pearl version, but i hated the insane lag that you got in all the battles, not to mention the storyline, which was very boring compared to platinum. oh and dont forget about the pokemon plaza. so much fun

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer

I have all three games and I will say it is worth upgrading to Platinum. Esspecially if you like the story mode more than the actual battling. Platinum also has tons of great moves you can learn by Move tutor, even though they are also present in HG/SS, that wont be out till march/april. I suggest if you are looking for a pokemon game to play before HG/SS and don't want to restart your Diamond/Pearl, go get platinum. Its worth the price.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I would make a such a thread and It was my first thread. It's a simple question. I mean Some people like Platinum, whilst others don't. So next time please don't hurt my feelings cause I only joined yesterday.

I like Platinum because:
-Faster battles
- Diamond and Pearl sucked and can burn in hell
- Battle Frontier.
- new forms for legendaries :D - That's a winner

and i welcome you to the forums new person who only joined yesterday, and try to ignore the jerks 'k? don't worry about 'em. i'm not pointing fingers at anybody either.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
Platinum by far, it has:
-Expanded Sinnoh Dex, which provides more choices to build up your team before obtaining National Dex
-Gym Leader rematches
-Battle Frontier
-Improved surfing speed
-Expanded Team Galactic plot
-Harder Elite 4 than D/P. Although in the first round their team levels are lower than D/P, they are still harder. In D/P, Aaron and Bertha were easy, but giving Aaron and Bertha Yanmega and Gliscor respectively was an improvement.

Last edited: