• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Planning

Jellyfisher

Sexiest man alive
Umm this is what I'm thinking-
Torterra
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-???
-???
-Bite
-???
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Double-Edge
-????

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Umbreon put in a Rest or Curse. I'm not good with this one but hes supposed to be a tanker so maybe Rest and Sleep Talk. Heres a good moveset

Umbreon
-Confuse Ray
-Protect/Pay-Back
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

For Toterra
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Rock Slide
-Synthesis/Solar Beam
OR
Heres an amazing set up you want for Toterra
-Toxic
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Rock Slide
This set we set up a Toxic and Leech Seed. So you Poison the Foe, then the next turn you can protect, then Leech Seed the Foes Pokemon, Next Turn Protect. This is a continuous pattern of annoyance. Plus for the hit you took when you planted a leech seed on the foe you gain back AND your foe gets poisoned in the process. TWO times the damage. Then you can just annoy him with your STAB Rock Slide. Then Protect. And on and on... Plus Rock Slide kills those nasty fire types...

Sudowoodo needs a rock move, Stone Edge... Obviously...

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
No I mean in the sense that every fighter needs one. Sorry if I offended you I hope you liked my movesets though also not to be mean but teach him stone edge I think your team is great in a way that if you implement it in it becomes amazing. Also you should get a ghost type if you dont like the umbreon since hes a tanker

Last edited:

Jellyfisher

Sexiest man alive
Yeah thx for the help. I was being stupid. I should have used a rock type move. Id choose a ghost cause I have umbreon.banette maybe!
Banette
Sucker Punch
Faint Attack
Shadow Claw
Destiny Bond
How about this?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Try to replace Gastrodons muddy water with something else. Yeah, I love the move personally, but with its lower accuracy, its just better to go with surf. That and they're both water moves. Maybe mud bomb would work, I know that has lower accuracy too, well at least I think so, but at least you get some ground same type attack bonus

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Get rid of Faint Attack add a Thunder Wave or Willo Wisp. I also reccomend Haunter/Gengar.

Gengar
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-Thunder
-Shadow Ball

Great if you get a Gengar. You would have to trade a haunter though to evolve to a Gengar PLUS it takes alot of training. Its harder then training a Togepi, Magikarp and Dratini. But it pays off as always.

Also Dusknoir is like a tank. Great stats and up to par if you want that too. Heres a set

Dusknoir
-Shadow Punch
-Fire Punch
-Curse
-Thunder Punch

Last edited:

Jellyfisher

Sexiest man alive
Gengar- I don't want because so many people have it so I'll change faint atk. With thunder wave-((JAWS))
Muddy Water- mud bomb would work-cometstarlight

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Good Idea. He is an overrated Kanto Pokemon anyways. Just change faint its weak. You want strong attacks for your Banette he will be your sweeper/attacker. You have the good team you just need the right moves to overpower your opponent.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I am reading well or what? You are on the wrong place man. Putting Will-o-Wisp into a In-game team? Don't choose Gengar because EVERYONE have one?! Its in-game xD
Here a good move set for Gengar
Gengar@Black sludge
-Thunder bolt
-Shadow ball
-Sludge bomb
-Focus blast
Cover many thing, and with his amazing Sp attacking its simply amazing!
Focus Blast hit a Normal type, Shadow ball for this annoying Lucian on E4, Thunder bolt when Cynthia puts Milotic and you don't wanna switch, Sludge bomb gets STAB. Never puts Competitive moves for a In-Game team okay?

Last edited:

Jellyfisher

Sexiest man alive
I am reading well or what? You are on the wrong place man. Putting Will-o-Wisp into a In-game team? Don't choose Gengar because EVERYONE have one?! Its in-game xD
Here a good move set for Gengar
Gengar@Black sludge
-Thunder bolt
-Shadow ball
-Sludge bomb
-Focus blast
Cover many thing, and with his amazing Sp attacking its simply amazing!
Focus Blast hit a Normal type, Shadow ball for this annoying Lucian on E4, Thunder bolt when Cynthia puts Milotic and you don't wanna switch, Sludge bomb gets STAB. Never puts Competitive moves for a In-Game team okay?
The like most overrated pokemon is gengar and low hp

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Exactly he has 232 HP. Also Willo-o-Wisp helps and obviously the maker of this thread and owner of this team likes it that way. So what if you dont like it? Its HIS team. If you want suggestions make constructive criticism so he can fix it, dont just down right insult him for not having a Gengar lol... Also thats a HORRIBLE moveset for gengar. If you are trying to persuade him that its great make your own thread dont spam on here if he obviously doesnt dig it thats common sense... Also Ghost isnt a "needed" type. I know you have Fire Punch, but maybe get a fire type? Not sure what your preferences are but if not than get a Nidoking he seems like he has potential to fit in this team as a wall and sweeper

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Exactly he has 232 HP. Also Willo-o-Wisp helps and obviously the maker of this thread and owner of this team likes it that way. So what if you dont like it? Its HIS team. If you want suggestions make constructive criticism so he can fix it, dont just down right insult him for not having a Gengar lol... Also thats a HORRIBLE moveset for gengar. If you are trying to persuade him that its great make your own thread dont spam on here if he obviously doesnt dig it thats common sense... Also Ghost isnt a "needed" type. I know you have Fire Punch, but maybe get a fire type? Not sure what your preferences are but if not than get a Nidoking he seems like he has potential to fit in this team as a wall and sweeper

Actually he have 324 HP. Putting Will-o-wisp in a in-game are suicide. The moveset that i made for Gengar make uses of his Sp attack, don't put Psychal on a Sp attacker. What is your moveset for Gengar?

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Umbreon put in a Rest or Curse. I'm not good with this one but hes supposed to be a tanker so maybe Rest and Sleep Talk. Heres a good moveset

Umbreon
-Confuse Ray
-Protect/Pay-Back
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

For Toterra
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Rock Slide
-Synthesis/Solar Beam
OR
Heres an amazing set up you want for Toterra
-Toxic
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Rock Slide
This set we set up a Toxic and Leech Seed. So you Poison the Foe, then the next turn you can protect, then Leech Seed the Foes Pokemon, Next Turn Protect. This is a continuous pattern of annoyance. Plus for the hit you took when you planted a leech seed on the foe you gain back AND your foe gets poisoned in the process. TWO times the damage. Then you can just annoy him with your STAB Rock Slide. Then Protect. And on and on... Plus Rock Slide kills those nasty fire types...

Sudowoodo needs a rock move, Stone Edge... Obviously...

I recommend the second set up though i think Torterra's a Grass and Ground type so he might benefit more from a STAB Earthquake

Jellyfisher

Sexiest man alive
Actually he have 324 HP. Putting Will-o-wisp in a in-game are suicide. The moveset that i made for Gengar make uses of his Sp attack, don't put Psychal on a Sp attacker. What is your moveset for Gengar?

324- big difference
My movset- hypnosis shadow ball focus blast and nightmare

P.S. I'm not getting gengar btw

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Ty ace of keys, I think second set is good too. So here is a revised set

Toterra
-Toxic
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Earthquake/Solarbeam

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Here's a better Torterra set:

Torterra Adamant Nature
~Earthquake
~Seed Bomb
~Rock Slide
~Curse

Curse to set up,Earthquake and Seed Bomb give you powerful STABS,and Rock Slide allows you to hit Bug and Flying types for SE damage.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Solarbeam is a bad idea on Torterra, Torterra plays physical, not special.
Not to mention Solarbeam without Sun support is already bad in the first place.

For Torterra, go with Logan's set.

Umbreon
Brave Nature
~Payback
~Curse
~Toxic/Wish/Return
~Toxic/Wish/Return

Gastrodon...Mud Bomb instead of Muddy Water could work if it has Modest Nature.

Medicham is fine, even better with Adamant/Jolly Nature.

Sudowoodo
Adamant/Impish Nature, Rock Head ability
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Double-Edge
~Faint Attack/any of the elemental punches

In my opinion, having both Banette AND Umbreon is a bad idea, since Dark & Ghost shares similar coverage. But okay then......

Banette
Adamant Nature
~Shadow Claw
~Shadow Sneak
~Return
~Will-o-Wisp/Thunder Wave/Toxic/Screech

W-o-W is fine in-game. It reduce foe's Attack and helps taking down the foe faster.

Also, lol @ that Dusknoir suggestion, Curse on a Ghost-Type, now that one IS suicide.

Jellyfisher

Sexiest man alive
Solarbeam is a bad idea on Torterra, Torterra plays physical, not special.
Not to mention Solarbeam without Sun support is already bad in the first place.

For Torterra, go with Logan's set.

Umbreon
Brave Nature
~Payback
~Curse
~Toxic/Wish/Return
~Toxic/Wish/Return

Gastrodon...Mud Bomb instead of Muddy Water could work if it has Modest Nature.

Medicham is fine, even better with Adamant/Jolly Nature.

Sudowoodo
Adamant/Impish Nature, Rock Head ability
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Double-Edge
~Faint Attack/any of the elemental punches

In my opinion, having both Banette AND Umbreon is a bad idea, since Dark & Ghost shares similar coverage. But okay then......

Banette
Adamant Nature
~Shadow Claw
~Shadow Sneak
~Return
~Will-o-Wisp/Thunder Wave/Toxic/Screech

W-o-W is fine in-game. It reduce foe's Attack and helps taking down the foe faster.

Also, lol @ that Dusknoir suggestion, Curse on a Ghost-Type, now that one IS suicide.
Id never get dusknoir.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
My setup for to tottera is fine just without solarbeam