• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Quest

Ampy

Light The Stars
So I just finished my first runthrough of SS (I was too lazy to beat Kanto last time, so I just restarted), and also finished my Legendary Hunt. I then realized that I'll be pretty bored during the couple of weeks between now and when I get Black... so I thought doing a runthrough of Platinum would be fun, and I got the idea from Joe's last team.

019-lucas.png

Quest

Spr_5b_395.png
Spr_b_5b_395.png

Aquaquest@Wise Glasses
Modest
Torrent
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-HP Electric
-Hydro Pump/Grass Knot

Surf for STAB, Ice Beam for coverage aswell as HP Electric. Hydro Pump for powerful secondary STAB.

Spr_5b_136.png
Spr_b_5b_136.png

Pyroquest@Choice Band
Adamant
Flash Fire
-Fire Fang
-Quick Attack
-Bite
-Superpower

Lolshitemovepool. Fire Fang for STAB, Quick Attack for priority, Bite for coverage, and Superpower for power.

Spr_4d_479.png
Spr_b_5b_479.png

Statiquest@Leftovers
Modest
Levitate
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fight
-Will-O-Wisp

This guy helps cripple opponents to help my team sweep with WoW. Thunderbolt for STAB, aswell as Shadow Ball which gets amazing coverage with HP Fight.

Spr_5b_475.png
Spr_b_5b_475.png

Psyquest@Leftovers
Adamant
Steadfast
-Substitute
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Night Slash

A little set I like to use on my In-game Gallades. Sub to help me set up Bulk Up easier, and Drain Punch for STAB, keeping my healthy subs, aswell as great coverage alongside Night Slash.

Spr_5b_407_m.png
Spr_b_5b_407_m.png

Solarquest@Life Orb
Modest
Natural Cure
-Energy Ball
-Sleep Powder
-HP Fire
-Sludge Bomb

Standard ftw.

Spr_4p_445_m.png
Spr_b_5b_445_m.png

Dracoquest@Muscle Band
Adamant
Sand Veil
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Stone Edge

Dragon Claw and EQ for STAB, Stone Edge for coverage and Swords Dance to increase his Attack.​

And here we are.

Last edited:

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Good team. Having Quick Attack for your Flareon is always good for a last resort. The best Pokemon I see in your team is your Gallade. Substitute is fine. You still take the damage. Bulk Up is always great to have when your attacks are a bit weak against an opponent Pokemon. Statiquest (your Rotom) is pretty cool, too. Nice choice of move sets. Wisest choice of move sets, I meant.

I'll have to battle you sometime as soon as I get my Friend Code. Your team is the most balanced team i've seen here on Serebii. It's impressive. Keep it up!

~Falcario

Zennyboiz

Herr Wailord
Maybe, on Empy, you can go Grass Knot > Hydro Pump , or if you can't get it, HP Electric. More coverage maybe.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Grass Knot could be nice a choice, I'll try it out. Empy already has HP Electric btw.

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
You're back? :D?

Anyways, while I enjoy seeing some loloriginality, standard SDChomp would work better on him. Draco Meteor is just a waste, considering the rest of your moveset is zoned towards Attack and it's not going to be strong enough to be worth it unless you invest a bit.

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Jolly / Sand Veil
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Dragon Claw
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge / Rock Slide (If it even gets it)

Have fun. And what's the theme a reference to?

Ampy

Light The Stars
You're back? :D?

More or less :p

Anyways, while I enjoy seeing some loloriginality, standard SDChomp would work better on him. Draco Meteor is just a waste, considering the rest of your moveset is zoned towards Attack and it's not going to be strong enough to be worth it unless you invest a bit.

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Jolly / Sand Veil
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Dragon Claw
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge / Rock Slide (If it even gets it)

I was actually trying to avoid EV training this time around, I just can't be bothered to do it. However, I will use the SDChomp.

Have fun. And what's the theme a reference to?

It's actually not a reference to anything.

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
If you run adamant and use choice band on flareon, I think that a super powerful physical attack would be better than a mediocre overheat.

Super Power > Over Heat

nice team !

Ampy

Light The Stars
You've definitely got a point there. My mind needs to set into Pokemon again, thanks for the suggestion!

[GS]

Staring at my phone
I'm a big fan of Drain Punch on BU Gallade, keeps you
healthy behind those Subs too.

I'd go with HP [Fighting]>[Ice] and W-o-W>Signal Beam.
Just a personal preference, but with his good Spe he
makes a great status spreader.

No Johnny Quest?

No ?uestlove?

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Hp [Electric] is pointless with Grass Knot on the set, bar hitting the odd Gyarados,
so I guess dropping one or the other for Agility is a good idea.