• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

platinum restart

thepomster

im restarting platinum and heres my team, id also like to use pokemon from this team for when i get to the battle tower so feel free to suggest which 3 work well.

Flygon
Adamant
EV – 252att, 252 spd, 4hp
Earthquake
U turn
Dragon claw
Stone edge

Cloister
Timid
EV – 252 def, 120spd, 136spatt
Rock blast
Ice beam
Iron defence
brine

Infernape
Jolly
EV – 252 att, 252 spd, 4hp
Swords dance
Flare blitz
Stone edge
Close combat

Electivire
Adamant
EV- 252 att, 252 spd, 4hp
Cross chop
Thunder punch
Ice punch
earthquake

Tangrowth
Impish
EV – 252 hp, 124 att, 132 def
Power whip
Sleep powder
Earthquake
Stun spore

i have no clue on the last pokemon so please help here

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
I see an abundance of physical sweepers...

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Naughty / Levitate
54Spd / 252atk / 202Sp.atk
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Thunder Punch

This is a fairly common MixGon, Outrage coupled with STAB and Choice scarf is a lethal weapon and will be used the most often. Earthquake is a second STAB that kills steels, Fire Blast to wreck Skarmory / Bronzong... and the last one's a filler but Thunder Punch hits bulky waters that can carry Ice moves. You should be able to outrun the majority of in-game NPC's with this spread and hit like a flying tank.

thepomster

suppose your right but could i not put a physical sweeper in the last slot?

Infernape, and most setup sweepers, should never use recoil moves. Use Fire Pawnch>Flare Blitz, seeing as the recoil damage, alongside boosted Attack will stack up. Run ThunderPawnch>Stone Edge, as it hits Waters, alongside Flying which Stone Edge gets.

thepomster

good call i forgot how ridiculous recoil would be after a SD, any ideas for pokemon number 6?

thepomster

good call i forgot how ridiculous recoil would be after a SD, any ideas for pokemon number 6?

thepomster

what about a metagross for the last spot
metagross
Adamant
252 att, 120 spd, 136 hp
agility
meteor mash
zen headbutt
earthquake/hammer arm

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
metagross is good but here's a better set

Metagross@Leftovers
Adamant / Clear Body
252Atk / 170Hp / 88Spd
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch / Thunder Punch
-Agility

Meteor Mash is the only STAB you really need, and Earthquake kills other steels. Ice Punch for grounds or Thunder Punch for bulky waters. Agility is obvious.
The spread lets you outrun base 130's with a +speed nature and 252EV's in speed... which you will never see in-game but it will be amazingly useful if you go onto wifi.