• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Storyline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper of the Aura

Darkrai = Best PKMN
Haloo! This is the (maybe official) Platnium storyline discussion thread! Post your ideas about the storyline of Pokemon Platnium. Please follow all of the rules. Have fun!

Platinum_Man

Platinum is a sequel!

Well the leader of team Galactic did say pretty much that he was not going to stop do to your efforts. Also Volkner leaving.

He said in D/P he was going to challenge the Elite Four if he lost to you.

So why is he gone hmmm? Also why was Jasmine at the city?

Questions:

Also all the new forms since they are not in D/P will be unique. Although how will your battles in Wi-Fi turn out? Can you not use Regimoss and Icemyn? Or Origin Giratina unless confirmed to be a Platinum version

Sir Crocodile

Arcanite Reaper HO!
It will pretty much be the same, I'm guessing, until the climax on Spear Pillar.

Cyrus will use the red chain to drag out both Palkia and Dialga. Then you battle the admins. Then an enormous disturbance begins and space/time begins to quiver. Giratina comes out and quells the two. (At this point Giratina would be in its D/P form) This makes Cyrus interested. He sees that Giratina is powerful enough to stop both Dialga and Palkia at the same time. Dialga and Palkia fly off back into their dimension. Giratina disappears into a vortex of his very own.

At this point, you battle Cyrus. You beat him, he leaves, you go into Giratina's vortex. You end up in the inverse dimension, which really won't be a whole dimension. Maybe about the size of Jubilife City. Giratina is in the middle, in its Origin form. You battle it, catch it, hooray, hooray.

Now, why the alternate dimension? I'll tell you why: Giratina goes into the origin form when travelling through the dimensions. This was revealed earlier, I believe. After you catch it you can probaly make it stay inm Origin outside of the wierd world.

After you get the national dex (because Dialga and Palkia won't be in the Sinnoh Dex) Cyrus will be back with a sub-plot of some kind that lets you get both Palkia and Dialga, both at lvl 70.

Platinum is of course not a sequel, it will follow the same storyline as D/P, with some changes here and there. I guess the alternate forms of the legendaries will capture the interest of professor Rowan, as in D/P he thinks legendaries are perfect, because they don't evolve. Maybe Platinum will show that legendaries need different forms, but one form is not superior over the other.

Jounin Elite

Since it appears Dialga and Palkia will both be in Platinum, perhaps you'll have to fight them both in a double battle with the two admins (Mars and Jupiter). After you win, they leave and screw up Cyrus's plan, and you can capture the two of them later. It's sorta like Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza in Emerald.

23caterpie

pokemaster
Team Galactic will probubly Get the psy-tri to make two chains to control both Dialga and Palkia. Then you have to get to turnback cave to awaken Giratina. Giratina will vanish and go to the spear pillar where Dialga and Palkia are. Then you beat the leader of team Galactic. Giratina will calm Dialga and Palkia and they will fly away. Giratina will notice you are the one who awoken him and will stand there for you to battle him or he will go back to turnback and will wait for you since the picture is in a cave. Then you catch him at lv. 47. then you catch Dialga and Palkia some where else after the E4 at lv. 70. that what I think.

darn beat by sir crocodile

Last edited:

Poke-Matt

If Giratina changes into Origin form, when you follow it into its dimension, then Lucas should change, as well - into an outfit without his stupid red hat!

But yeah, I agree that we'll probably go into an alternate dimension of some kind. I also agree that it won't be very big at all - probably just big enough to run straight ahead for a few seconds and Giratina's right in front of you. I hope GameFreak surprises us with something different, though. IMO, everything has become so predictable.

If they recycle the mediocre plot of Emerald, I will cry. Giratina is known as the Renegade Pokémon, isn't it? I would love for Giratina to play an enemy rather than an ally as so many imagine. The Inverse Dimmension sounds like a really good plot twist, but knowing Nintendo, they'll probably screw it up. :/ I'd like it to be an actual dark, destroyed version of Sinnoh with Giratina being responsible for all of the destruction, but we all know that won't happen.

hayden866

Legendary Trainer
Story Idea

I can see the story now:

Cyrus, mad with power, forces the Psy-trio together and forces their power into a concentrated object, the chain. He goes to the spear pillar, and summons both dialga and Palkia, not knowing their hatred to eachother. They go out of control at the spear pillar. Each shooting their trademark attacks at each other, the emmense energy causes a worm hole to appear releasing Giratina. He returns to his origin form, fleeing back into his deminsion. A worm hole appears, sucking giratina and you into it.

You wake up to find yourself it an area much like the spear pillar, but somehow different. You look ahead, a find yourself in awe as you witness the emmense and grand pressence of giratina. YOu turn to your right to see Cyrus, also sucked in. Cyrus stands up, rushing toward giratina with the belt in hand. Giratina grows frusturated, opening another worm hole, sending Cyrus back. Now it turns to you. Squealling, it rushes forward, and so the battle against Giratina begins. Depending on your decision during battle (catching or defeating), you are forced back into your dimension. You find yourself at the spear pillar. Cyrus is knealing on the ground, looking down to a mass of red shards -- once known as the chain. He sees you, and realizes he was wrong about his ambitions, he leaves, leaving you into an empty Spear Pillar, and so the adventure continues.

:) How did you like that?

Anyways, then you go and find dialga and palkia after you beat the elite four, the end.

Hayden

Jason-Kun

I say it's an alternate retelling of D/P like how in my opinion Emerald was an alternate retelling of R/S. I mean the plot is basically the same, only with another pokemon added to the bunch. Hence why it would be an alternate retelling of D/P.

Keeper of the Aura

Darkrai = Best PKMN
Thank you all for posting! Wouldn't be really cool if the final battle was Dialga and Palkia v.s. Giratina and you? That woild be awesome! Then after the battle, Giratina willingly jumps into one of your Pokeballs! So cool!

NinjaBaker

Heres what i think:

Cyrus will summon Palkia and Dialga, knowing that they will begin to fight and Giratina ill come out. He uses the red chain on Giratina and begins to control so that it can make another dimension. The new dimension is made and you must go in it. Then you will find Cyrus and the Team Galactic admins, you will battle them (Just like in D/P). Once you beat Cyrus he will run away as he notices that the entrance to the new dimension is closing. Everyone in the dimension begins to run out through the entrance, as you are about to exit Giratina blocks the entrance and you must battle it. Once you defeat/capture it, you exit the new dimension as soon as it closes. Cyrus escapes and you never see him again...or do you?

After the credits role after beating the Elite 4, a cut-scene pops up showing a letter written by Cyrus to all galactic team members to stay hidden untill called upon, it then shows Cyrus walking in the rain when he finds a weird paper on the floor. He picks it up and see's that it shows Giratina, Regigigas and Shaymin in their alternate forms. At the bottom of the paper it shows the stone(or whatever itll be) that changes the pokemon into their alternate forms, and it shows a map of Battle Island. Then you see Cyrus use Fly and he sais "Battle Island.....";486;

Last edited:
Thank you all for posting! Wouldn't be really cool if the final battle was Dialga and Palkia v.s. Giratina and you? That woild be awesome! Then after the battle, Giratina willingly jumps into one of your Pokeballs! So cool!

Uh... no. Giratina is a monster who is known as a renegade, and will most like be an antagonist. Portraying him as an ally that will willingly join your team doesn't to it justice.

Also, has anyone taken into consideration that you battle Giratina? Either being an evil entity or taken over mentally by Cyrus, he will NOT help you in any way (battle-wise).

BCVM22

Uh... no. Giratina is a monster who is known as a renegade.

Renegade is a neutral word, however. It has negative connotations that invoke rebelliousness and such, certainly, but who's to say Dialga and Palkia won't serve as the antagonists for whatever reason - maybe Team Galactic gains sway over them, maybe they just get upset at each other and start fighting, whatever - and Giratina is forced to quell the fighting?

Regardless, simply being a "Renegade" doesn't make one the antagonist in and of itself.

Renegade is a neutral word, however. It has negative connotations that invoke rebelliousness and such, certainly, but who's to say Dialga and Palkia won't serve as the antagonists for whatever reason - maybe Team Galactic gains sway over them, maybe they just get upset at each other and start fighting, whatever - and Giratina is forced to quell the fighting?

Regardless, simply being a "Renegade" doesn't make one the antagonist in and of itself.

Dialga and Palkia may as well be antagonists, they may be allies as well. Or, they may be neutral and just swayed over by Cyrus. I heavily doubt Giratina will be the one to quell the fighting, because, as you said, being a renegade gives it negative intentions. The screenshot decepting your player facing off Giratina also gives me reason to believe it's an antagonist. Then again, Giratina might be in a similar situation where it's taken over by Cyrus, though I doubt it. However, that's up for us all to speculate over until the game is released.

Pikalika55

Don't hate the mushy

Egg-sactly? (exactly)

SonicBoom117

Cyrus Drags out both Palkia and Dialga with the Red Chain.They start fighting and its to much for this dimension to take..Giratina pops out of the inverse universe and battles Dialga and Palkia (You help him like a double team thing)After you and Giratina defeat them.Both of them flee to heal their wounds (To where you would catch them at level 70 after E4) Then Out of no where cyrus tries to catch/control Giratina...Infuriated Giratina tries to engulf the earth into the Inverse Universe..but after the battle with palkia and dialga he is to weak and only manages to take the sky pillar to the invese universe...Now this is where you battle Giratina to calm him down...at level 47 you either catch/defeat him.Everything goes back to normal and Cyrus escapes again like he did in D/P.

mew..

What do you want?
alright, my storyline.

cyrus has returned, and has gotten a new admin in place of saturn(who leaves after cyrus disappears), and then on the spear pillar, cyrus unleashes palkia, and then opens the rift of time to diagla. giratina senses this problem, and rushes to the spear pillar.

cyrus, not knowing the damage, sends all 3 admins to battle you. your rival helps with the 3rd, while rowans assisstant helps you take on the double battle.
then, the battles erupt.

dialga and palkia clash, and sinnoh towns start disapearing because of the violent turmoil. giratina appears, and cyrus wants all three's power. giratina settles diagla and palkia, and they leave. giratina opens his dimension, and cyrus follows him. you follow, and the dimension closes. After this, you are all in the dimension. cyrus challenges you, and after beating him, giratina challenges you.(note, this dimension is a cliff, then space, with giratina hovering in his origin form). giratina then attacks, and the battle starts.
catch it, and you will be on a ruined spear pillar (palkia and diagla distroyed it), and then dialga and palkia come back. the pixies return, and all 6 return sinnoh to normal.

now is a choice. diagla goes into his dimension, palkia into his. cyrus follows diagla, and you take on palkia..catch palkia, and cyrus will retreat. go into his base, which will have a basement.

diagla is here, but is asleep. battle cyrus again, and then he will awaken dialga. catch it, and then leave...

Status
Not open for further replies.