• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Storyline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
I meant that the majority of the games did not have a secondary...:p

Muahahahaha... Post Reply time...

Woah, harsh... But agree with the fact that a gym leader cannot be in two leagues of two different regions. Jasmine would probably only play the role of HM Waterfall giver, and Contest participant who screws up my wins.
Also, if she were given another role, maybe the guide who brings you to Platinum's Battle Frontier?

With Volkner, i believe he won't become Champion, but if he relinquishes his gym leader status, maybe he might be a Battle Frontier Brain?

(i bolded some stuff, which i'll talk about)
It appears that everyone is thinking Giratina might just throw a tantrum. What if Giratina gets angry because you woke him up?
Or maybe the new guy, Pluto, has been doing his own experiments, against the rules of TG?
And why would you need to catch Giratina later after E4? couldn't you catch it during the SPear pillar incident? or are you talking about D/P?

Yes, Riley as eighth gym leader!! Nice idea. But can Lucario learn any Electric moves?
But, there's too many possible replacements if Volkner were gone, considering it's not all about the types but the moves.
Pluto? Cyrus (like in RBG with Giovanni)? Riley? The police guy? Your father? A completely new guy?
But not Jasmine, as she's already a gym leader.

Master Rank?! That's not that hard. I just traded the pokemon i used for the Emerald contests to my Pearl. The DP poffins have low level enhancing.
I <3 Pokeblocks.

As Catseye said, Darkrai is too special for an in-game capture. It is also powerful and it already has events going about.
But it would be fun to have a Darkrai through in-game capture. But, unlikely. Just fun to think about.

Harsh... Maybe catseye was rather stating that Cyrus, after losing to you even with Giratina, says he's unworthy of such power and gives GIratina to you. Meh... seems unlikely but a possibility until the game comes out.

It's all speculation, and as pokemonmaster stated, half of these speculations on these threads are going to be wrong anyway.
But that doesn't mean we can't speculate. Exercise those imaginations!!!

One thing, catseye. Since the Spear Pillar event would probably happen before the E4, if i have caught a legendary (Dialga or Palkia) before the Spear Pillar, and then i verse Cyrus with my Dialga/Palkia to get Giratina off Cyrus, wouldn't i have two legendaries (Giratina and Dialga/Palkia, whichever you chose) before the E4?
Isn't too much power for a little kid trainer who isn't even Champion yet?

:D

-Nites

if there is a new eagth gym leader the gyms "TYPE" does not have to be electric it could be a dark or somthing of that sort................................... They said that there will be a new gym leader that does not mean that the new gym leader will take over the eagth gym (At least I dont think it was confermed that there will be a new eagth gym leader)

Tanosis

The odd one
ill still putting money on cyrus being in the 8th gym because thats where he was raised i know he just tried to destroy the world but that is the most sensible idea i have if the new leader appeared in dp and if there is a new leader
good points the.workse.of.infinites

Last edited:

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
Even if he did become gym leader, his record of criminal masterminding would put him behind bars...(Yaaaayyyy!! stick cyrus in jail! go go go go!!!;)) sorry just messing around (is there even a pokemon jail::)) anyways , if that were to happen, actually edit alll i said before about him possibly being gym leader. He cant!!!! if you noticed any of the pictures, it shows him with giratina, dilga and palkia! sooo hes continueing with his evil shceme...

quote from I Love the New milleniumon vh1

" you know, he needs one of those wacks on the forehead, i mean, think kim, think!

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
I wish they would just keep Volkner, they've already ripped-off Emerald enough, just change the Gym design like they've apparently done already. And maybe give him another Electric Pokemon ( E-Vire? )

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
Wooo!! so many replies...

ive never said that you can catch darkrai without event.
it maybe just shows up.

OK that makes it more clearer. But how would he fit into the story. Darkrai can't just appear randomly on Spear Pillar for no reason, can he/she?

well...with the first part..i didn't really know how to explain his actions so that's why there's a question mark
XD

no..no..
what i meant was..
let's say after all that business at spear pillar..you go off to beat the last gym leader and then after, before you go face off the E4, you go back to the torn world...for some reason...and then you get him, and off you go to the E4
that's kinda what i meant, sorry for the confusion...unless this was just as confusing
XDDDD

Oh okay. i get it. so after the eighth gym but before E4. okay that makes sense, you just need a reason... hmmmm... *thinking*

okay, let's go to the first part of your post: his actions (do you mean Giratina, right?)
As from my previous post, Giratina could be in a rage because he's having his little baby tantrums because Cyrus was making too much noise with Dialga and Palkia... maybe?
Or i can add pluto to the plot, and say Pluto tried to control Giratina against the wishes of Cyrus.
Look at this:
During TG's capture of Lake Trio:
>Saturn went to Lake Valor
>Mars to Lake Verity
> and Jupiter to lake Lake Acuity
so where should Pluto go? the fourth lake, of course: Spring Path.
So i'm thinking Pluto has this big ego, and he tries to control Giratina by himself at Spring Path, but can't. And that's why the Torn World is open so early in the game, because Giratina has gone berserk as Pluto tried to control him.
BTW i think the Torn World opening is the cause of the cold, so it needs to be open at the start of the game, or a pre-happening thing before the protagonist's adventure.

Yes, true, but i doubt jasmine is going to be a frontie brain... and same with volkner. in crystal and yellow, the final gym leaders did not change, so i doubt this game will be any different...

No, i didn't mean Jasmine will be Frontier Brain.
I was trying to say Jasmine would be like Scott in Emerald, to bring you to the Battle Frontier.

I meant that the majority of the games did not have a secondary...:p

if there is a new eagth gym leader the gyms "TYPE" does not have to be electric it could be a dark or somthing of that sort................................... They said that there will be a new gym leader that does not mean that the new gym leader will take over the eagth gym (At least I dont think it was confermed that there will be a new eagth gym leader)

BTW i don't know where the rumour that Volkner will be replaced. I know it wasn't confirmed in CoroCoro. I myself don't think that Volkner will be replaced.
I just wanted to talk about it as a possibility that has been a rumour, because people think it will repeat from what Emerald did. But I don't think it will repeat itself. It's just a rumour anyway. A rumour. Rumour!

Muahahahaha...

(BTW, eighth is spelled without an 'a', i believe)

ill still putting money on cyrus being in the 8th gym because thats where he was raised i know he just tried to destroy the world but that is the most sensible idea i have if the new leader appeared in dp and if there is a new leader
good points the.workse.of.infinites

Even if he did become gym leader, his record of criminal masterminding would put him behind bars...(Yaaaayyyy!! stick cyrus in jail! go go go go!!!;)) sorry just messing around (is there even a pokemon jail::)) anyways , if that were to happen, actually edit alll i said before about him possibly being gym leader. He cant!!!! if you noticed any of the pictures, it shows him with giratina, dilga and palkia! sooo hes continueing with his evil shceme...

quote from I Love the New milleniumon vh1

" you know, he needs one of those wacks on the forehead, i mean, think kim, think!

continuing? it's a retelling not a sequel.
BTW Giovanni became the eighth in RBY and FRLG. and he was a criminal mastermind, a very good one if he could become gym leader, and hide his criminal antics in his past.

But to reiterate before, i don't think any gym leaders will be replaced. It was just a rumour. I think Cyrus would be too obssessed with his tyrannical belief in a perfect world to want to be a gym leader.

But, really, nothing on that is official just now. All of these threads on Platinum is more of a 'what if...?' as nothing is confirmed, nor disproven, but we are just building upon already confirmed statements by the website and Corocoro.

So enjoy. :D

-Nites

Otakusoul13

PKMN HG/SS
Oh okay. i get it. so after the eighth gym but before E4. okay that makes sense, you just need a reason... hmmmm... *thinking*

okay, let's go to the first part of your post: his actions (do you mean Giratina, right?)
As from my previous post, Giratina could be in a rage because he's having his little baby tantrums because Cyrus was making too much noise with Dialga and Palkia... maybe?
Or i can add pluto to the plot, and say Pluto tried to control Giratina against the wishes of Cyrus.
Look at this:
During TG's capture of Lake Trio:
>Saturn went to Lake Valor
>Mars to Lake Verity
> and Jupiter to lake Lake Acuity
so where should Pluto go? the fourth lake, of course: Spring Path.
So i'm thinking Pluto has this big ego, and he tries to control Giratina by himself at Spring Path, but can't. And that's why the Torn World is open so early in the game, because Giratina has gone berserk as Pluto tried to control him.
BTW i think the Torn World opening is the cause of the cold, so it needs to be open at the start of the game, or a pre-happening thing before the protagonist's adventure.

haha!
great points!..
that would make a great number of sense, but we'll only truly know what happens when the game comes out.....
:]

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I think that Cyrus will use the Red Chain to resurrect both Dialga and Palkia but Giratina appears, sends Dialga and Palkia home and Giratina takes the player and itself into the 'Torn World'. I imagine the Torn World as being a dark, gloomy place with no wild Pokemon, but at the end Giratina (Origin Forme) appears and you battle it like you did with Dialga/Palkia in DP. Maybe a bit far-fetched but it's a good storyline. I also think the pink-haired man we've seen a lot is a scientist of Team Galactic and we have to battle him somewhere in the storyline. I also think that the Police Officer will assist us in a tag battle against some Galactic members.

Kaliber

Older Master
... It will be just a slightly modded D/P. Some tweaks and changes to make it look different but nothing out of this world.

Just look at Yellow,Crystal, and Emerald.

Not much changed.

So if anything I say that a few new looking buildings, and new characters that all barely tie in with each other to make Platinum.

golduck#1

no wait i got another idea. this is what happens. when u go up to palkia and dialga. giritana comes out and sends them to johto and kanto. and he goes to hoenn. then after u beat the pokemon league . rowan says their has been a disturbance in those regions and since u beat the pokemon league i will send u and cynthia to inspect those places. while u go to johto and kanto for dialga and palkia. she goes to hoenn. while u finish beating/catchign palkia and dialga u go back to rowan. expecting cynthia to be back . and she doesn't. so rowan sends u to hoenn to she where she is at. she has been captured by team galatic and u don't no it yet. so u go onto the cave of origin ( where giritana is) hoping she will be their. and u find giri . u kill/catch it and still cant find her. until u see rayquazza flying off from this place. u quickly rush their and she cynthia and team galatic u beat them rescue cyntia and beat their poke leagues along with their rivals ( gary, silver ( lol the rival in silver, gold, and cystal) and may.

even no the chances f that happenign are 1. infinity but that would be cool any way

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
I think that Cyrus will use the Red Chain to resurrect both Dialga and Palkia but Giratina appears, sends Dialga and Palkia home and Giratina takes the player and itself into the 'Torn World'. I imagine the Torn World as being a dark, gloomy place with no wild Pokemon, but at the end Giratina (Origin Forme) appears and you battle it like you did with Dialga/Palkia in DP. Maybe a bit far-fetched but it's a good storyline. I also think the pink-haired man we've seen a lot is a scientist of Team Galactic and we have to battle him somewhere in the storyline. I also think that the Police Officer will assist us in a tag battle against some Galactic members.

It doesn't seem all farfetched at all. Most people are thinking along those lines.
It seems most possible that the player would go into the Torn World to catch Giratina. Why else would the player appear in there?
BTW the things about the scientist and Police officer have already been confirmed, but thanks for contributing.

no wait i got another idea. this is what happens. when u go up to palkia and dialga. giritana comes out and sends them to johto and kanto. and he goes to hoenn. then after u beat the pokemon league . rowan says their has been a disturbance in those regions and since u beat the pokemon league i will send u and cynthia to inspect those places. while u go to johto and kanto for dialga and palkia. she goes to hoenn. while u finish beating/catchign palkia and dialga u go back to rowan. expecting cynthia to be back . and she doesn't. so rowan sends u to hoenn to she where she is at. she has been captured by team galatic and u don't no it yet. so u go onto the cave of origin ( where giritana is) hoping she will be their. and u find giri . u kill/catch it and still cant find her. until u see rayquazza flying off from this place. u quickly rush their and she cynthia and team galatic u beat them rescue cyntia and beat their poke leagues along with their rivals ( gary, silver ( lol the rival in silver, gold, and cystal) and may.

even no the chances f that happenign are 1. infinity but that would be cool any way

Wow, nice.
Very original.
But it seems unlikely at these times. Even though i would like to see it happen, it seems too far a dream right now.
However, very original and unique idea. :D

-Nites

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
my storyline:
at spear pillar cyrus calls dialga and palkia with the red chain to create a new word.
sinnoh is dissapearing and people and pokémon are running arround.
then giratina awakes in the turnback cave and fly to spear pillazr.
he send dialga and palkia away and jumps into the tornworld.
team galactic follows him and you,rowan,dawn and your friend to.
there team g is catching giratina with laser ropes desingned by the new prof.
you and your freinds defeat team galactic and giratina blows him away with an powerfull attack. you can catch him now.
after the league rowan comes to you and say thad dialga and palkia are attacking sinnoh. you stop them and catch them.
then jasmine shows up and bring you to the battle frontier.
after defeat a frontier brain scott comes and bring you to hoenn. after thad the other regions...

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
Lovely! reply time!

So, does that mean that the Police Officer definitely helps us in Tag Battles during the game?

No! hate to spoil you're dreams! you might! once and a while! but it does NOT and i repeat NOT, mean you definitly will

my storyline:
at spear pillar cyrus calls dialga and palkia with the red chain to create a new word.
you and your freinds defeat team galactic and giratina blows him away with an powerfull attack. you can catch him now.
after the league rowan comes to you and say thad dialga and palkia are attacking sinnoh. you stop them and catch them.
after defeat a frontier brain scott comes and bring you to hoenn. after thad the other regions...

Okay! if you guys are going to continue being lazy bums and posting the same stuff that everyone else is saying, dont bother posting, your technically making it sam, cause your posting what everyone else has said. and platinum would not have been revealed yet if you had to get all the regions. I wouldent even be made, so screw that idea (for everyone) for having the dream that all the regions will be in platinum! Not gonna happen!!

Have a nice day!
:D-pokemonmaster21

Last edited:

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
Lovely! reply time!

So, does that mean that the Police Officer definitely helps us in Tag Battles during the game?

No! hate to spoil you're dreams! you might! once and a while! but it does NOT and i repeat NOT, mean you definitly will

my storyline:

Okay! if you guys are going to continue being lazy bums and posting the same stuff that everyone else is saying, dont bother posting, your technically making it sam, cause your posting what everyone else has said. and platinum would not have been revealed yet if you had to get all the regions. I wouldent even be made, so screw that idea (for everyone) for having the dream that all the regions will be in platinum! Not gonna happen!!

Have a nice day!

Hahaha... lovely note at the end.

@ TurtwigFan, i don't think that the Police Officer will definitely have Tag Battles with you, since it has not officially been said by CoroCoro or the Pokemonplatinum website. But maybe it will happen. Just have to wait.
The other stuff you said about the new characters, i think have already been confirmed.

@ 705030, you just stole my Jasmine idea! not that i'm sounding mean. at least someone read my post :)
I like the laser ropes that you've added to a somewhat similar plot to others (i don't think anyway has said anything about laser ropes)
But reading over the similarities that you have written with other posts, i just had an idea.

i'm going to go all socratic-method-like on myself (i'm going to question myself, basically. :p)
okay here we go:
why is it so cold?
i think it is because of Giratina and the Torn World.

why is giratina doing it?
because Pluto made him angry.

how?
because i think he angered Giratina when he tried to catch Giratina himself.

how does he know about Giratina?
because he probably read a book in the Canalave library

but why the connection?
because the Roman god Pluto is the king of the underworld, and Giratina lives in the reverse world (which could basically be seen as a dead world) and has a ghost type.

so do you think Pluto is responsible of the cold weather?
Well, yes. Through the use of Giratina to do the cooling, by opening up the Torn World. And it did say in the CoroCoro that he was the 'Wind Doctor', so that could be proper proof.

Why does Giratina appear on the Spear pillar?
ah-ha! here's my idea. PLUTO!! that evil betrayer!
okay i'm guessing Pluto is controlling Giratina (since he read that book in Canalave), and he uses Giratina to stop Cyrus (i'm speculating that Pluto becomes a renegade (Giratina's species) Galactic, after he knows what Cyrus is truly doing, ie. creating a new world).
But, oh, it backfires and Giratina gets angry and flies into the sky to the Torn World, leaving a a portal which allows you to enter the Torn world and calm down Giratina before the world is destroyed!

do you think the Police Officer will have a bigger role?
maybe. well, since he is seen early on in the game in one of the screenshots, and it has been already said that he is part of the Police Force to bring TG down, so that's pretty big. But there could be something bigger.

then what?
i have a couple of ideas, but then i'm just speculating, since it's not substantiated.
1. he brings you to the Battle Frontier (or Jasmine could)
2. he joins you on your journey, appearing occasionally, maybe a double battle.
3. he becomes a gym leader, if Volkner leaves (no... seems impossible, as nothing has been said that Volkner will leave)
4. he becomes one of the Frontier Brains (wah?!?!)
5. or becomes Champion! (double wah?!?!)

All just speculating. But i don't think he'll only appear in Jubille as shown in that screenshot somewhere. If he is on your side of defeating TG, he will probably have something to do. discuss.

:D

-Nites

Tropios

Lovely! reply time!

Have a nice day!

i now that it not gonna happen! its just how i shouldt love the game(this is a short version)i have write the same as much people but i like that.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
... It will be just a slightly modded D/P. Some tweaks and changes to make it look different but nothing out of this world.

Just look at Yellow,Crystal, and Emerald.

Not much changed.

So if anything I say that a few new looking buildings, and new characters that all barely tie in with each other to make Platinum.

So your saying basickly there were four adminds in DP An alternate dimension in DP A mainstory Poilice officer in DP yhea sounds just like it. *sarcasm*

Tropios

Hahaha... lovely note at the end.

@ TurtwigFan, i don't think that the Police Officer will definitely have Tag Battles with you, since it has not officially been said by CoroCoro or the Pokemonplatinum website. But maybe it will happen. Just have to wait.
The other stuff you said about the new characters, i think have already been confirmed.

@ 705030, you just stole my Jasmine idea! not that i'm sounding mean. at least someone read my post :)
I like the laser ropes that you've added to a somewhat similar plot to others (i don't think anyway has said anything about laser ropes)
But reading over the similarities that you have written with other posts, i just had an idea.

sorry if i have stolen your jasmine idea. but it was a cool idea.
in my original idea it was scott again.
and you can choos if you gonna be trainer? coordinator or both, the contest have bigger role and the master rank is just once a month.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Platnium Storyline Discussion

I think it will continue/extend he plot of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl to a higher level with Team Galactic's plan almost becoming reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.