• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Storyline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
Lovely! rEPLY TIME!

when did pokemon involve religion?
seriously.

When did religion get into this discussion? not once! we havent mentiooned religion at all. This is spam.

I don't think you have to summon Arceus because it's a event-only pokemon. . . . . . . .
it could be palkia and dialga fight and you have to summon Giratina to stop them. . . . . .

When i made that prediction, i meant it to be after they revealed arceus. And giratina is the antagonist, nnot the protagonist. So he would mopst likely start the fight, not stop it.

Well Arceus could have summend them into a battle or giratina cuoght p/d while going through space/time

I agree with everyone when they say that Pluto will play a bigger role. He must somehow influence Cyrus with his decision to summon both Dialga and Palkia (if that's even what he does).
I could care less about their roles, as long as TG gets more apperances. I adore Team Galactic and all its members. Though I'm sure in Plantinum there will be plenty of focus on the inner workings of TG. (Like with that one screenshot of Cyrus addressing over a horde of Grunts in the new TG Headquarters...)

Haxon22

iJerk
ya imma have 2 agree with u buddy Pluto has to have a bigger role.. maybe even bigger than Cyrus haha. I think that he will double cross Cyrus and try to take control of Dialga and Palkia then Gritinia comes and trys to help both of them out but gets caught as well ... or something like that haha wateva

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
maybe not literally, but implied religious figures such as "heaven" "hell" "god" & "satan"

How have they implied "heaven" and "hell" before? The The primary religions in Japan are Buddhism and Shint?, so I doubt the general populace is aware of Christian lore. Plus, they've gotten into trouble before for controversial (and sometimes religious) matters. Remember the claims that Jynx bore a resemblance to blackface actors, and Nintendo changed Jynx from black and blue to purple? I'm positive they don't want any more trouble from religious groups.

Otakusoul13

PKMN HG/SS
How have they implied "heaven" and "hell" before?

if you mean by how they implied it in the game, then that's not what i'm talking about, since i have no memory at all that they have ever implied religion in their games present or past.....

i'm just talking about how on the previous page of this thread people were throwing in or comparing pokemon to religious figures
which isnt the best thing to do..

i mean having pokemon myths and etc. is great and everything and dicussing the stories behind them is cool too, even i like to hear what peple have to say about the legendaries (cause those are my favorite pokemon :] )

but it's not great to compare them to specific religious figures like the ones i said earlier
so my point is...don't be adding labels to pokemon or pokemon world places like "heaven, hell, god, or satan"
cause it really doesn't have anything to do with it...
:/
that's all i'm really sayin'
hopefully all of you understand what i mean now..
:|

ITOMARU

Answer Talker
hmm... er... something I thought of...er... somthing about Giratina.... Why 'Origin
Forme'? Well... as I was thinking today... maybe...(Please don't flame me)... Giratina is the 'Original One... hey? Well... it make a bit of sense... I think... In fact, nowhere does it say anything about Arceus making Dialga and Palkia. It says 'The Original one' made them and the lake trio. And Giratina lives in a cave on a lake. More in common! It says Arceus made the world. Not that it's 'The Original One'. But, then again... what proof do I have? None! Only thought. But thought is great... where would we but without thought?

P.S
Please don't flame me...

ITOMARU

Answer Talker
hmm... er... something I thought of...er... somthing about Giratina.... Why 'Origin
Forme'? Well... as I was thinking today... maybe...(Please don't flame me)... Giratina is the 'Original One... hey? Well... it make a bit of sense... I think... In fact, nowhere does it say anything about Arceus making Dialga and Palkia. It says 'The Original one' made them and the lake trio. And Giratina lives in a cave on a lake. More in common! It says Arceus made the world. Not that it's 'The Original One'. But, then again... what proof do I have? None! Only thought. But thought is great... where would we but without thought?

P.S
Please don't flame me...

ITOMARU

Answer Talker
So sorry I double posted

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
Creative Critisim time! And don't worry ITOMARU, i wont flame you, were not all like BCVM22!:p

Well Arceus could have summend them into a battle or giratina cuoght p/d while going through space/time

If that were to happen, there would be a warped game thingy, in which palkia/dialga had to be traveling through the portal for gira to attack them, but good specualtion about arceus though.

I agree with everyone when they say that Pluto will play a bigger role. He must somehow influence Cyrus with his decision to summon both Dialga and Palkia (if that's even what he does).
I could care less about their roles, as long as TG gets more apperances. I adore Team Galactic and all its members. Though I'm sure in Plantinum there will be plenty of focus on the inner workings of TG. (Like with that one screenshot of Cyrus addressing over a horde of Grunts in the new TG Headquarters...)

Yes, i bet team rocket does play a bigger role, but how? maybe because there are more ledgendaries? maybe because too many died in lets say... a plane wreck? Maybe because he's just too damn lazy to get up? who knows? There are unlimited answers to this question. Also, if yyou noticed the platinum video, cyrus and your character are in what seems to be a large control room in what is either space or the torn world.

ya imma have 2 agree with u buddy Pluto has to have a bigger role.. maybe even bigger than Cyrus haha. I think that he will double cross Cyrus and try to take control of Dialga and Palkia then Gritinia comes and trys to help both of them out but gets caught as well ... or something like that haha wateva

Not to ruin this but, i dont think giratina would join team galactic. As i said before... *activates quote*
Well nites, i belive that pluto will have an even bigger role to date. He will be the one who, by complete misunderstanding, discovers the portal to the torn world. Now using pyshics, it is possible to tell that any being that lives in a opposite world to the other must enter through portal. It is impossible to enter through a plausible entrance, such as a door or a wall. nOW WHEN PLUTO GETS INTO THE TORN WORLD, HE DISCOVERS GIRATINA(ORIGIN) and tells the rest of team galactic. Now, one of two things happen....

1. the basic emerald situation: giratina and shaymin begin to fight, and you must summon arcues to save them... or,
2. Dialga and Plakia fight and accidentalyy open the portal to the torn world
there you have it.

maybe not literally, but implied religious figures such as "heaven" "hell" "god" & "satan"

Okay, unfortunatly for you, you just brought up a spam topic. We did not say anything about hell heaven satan god, we only used those to compare arcues as the pokemon god, and giratina as the pokemon satan. And hell and heaven are not religious. It is one of they few things that people WORLDWIDE belive in. Not just christians. Christians have stronger belifs of these places. However, you are true about god and satan. Its not really more of a religious topic, but more of a controversial topic which i will not go into because its spam

How have they implied "heaven" and "hell" before? The The primary religions in Japan are Buddhism and Shint?, so I doubt the general populace is aware of Christian lore. Plus, they've gotten into trouble before for controversial (and sometimes religious) matters. Remember the claims that Jynx bore a resemblance to blackface actors, and Nintendo changed Jynx from black and blue to purple? I'm positive they don't want any more trouble from religious groups.

Okay this is platinum disscussion, not I want to be a christian!:p

if you mean by how they implied it in the game, then that's not what i'm talking about, since i have no memory at all that they have ever implied religion in their games present or past.....

i'm just talking about how on the previous page of this thread people were throwing in or comparing pokemon to religious figures
which isnt the best thing to do..

i mean having pokemon myths and etc. is great and everything and dicussing the stories behind them is cool too, even i like to hear what peple have to say about the legendaries (cause those are my favorite pokemon :] )

but it's not great to compare them to specific religious figures like the ones i said earlier
so my point is...don't be adding labels to pokemon or pokemon world places like "heaven, hell, god, or satan"
cause it really doesn't have anything to do with it...
that's all i'm really sayin'
hopefully all of you understand what i mean now..
:|

We only made comparisons to help us more understand the concept of arceus and giratina in this game. And this topic is now turning into spam about religion. If you dont want this thread closed, stop talking about it. And you brought up this whole disscusion by saying

since when did pokemon involve religion?
seriously.

P.S
Please don't flame me...

Its a very good specualtion, but so far game pics and hints havee revealed that giratina is somewhat antagonistic towards the matter. And more information refers that arceus is the original one, bbecause sources from japan have revealed that some description about says that its the original one who wierlds a thousand hands. But you're right! without though, we would be lost!

So sorry I double posted

hit edit to delete your previous post

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
then this mini-conversation is over/dropped
sorry for any inconvenience i have brought to this thread...

No, dont worry about it, its just the fact that if we kept religious discussion up, we would have all goten infracted. Were not mad at you, dont worry.

Originally Posted by Otakusoul13 View Post
when did pokemon involve religion?
seriously.

When did religion get into this discussion? not once! we havent mentiooned religion at all. This is spam.

yeah, i brought religion up because the pokemon coming out are just very close to christian lore and my friends and i who discuss this pretty much labeled arceus as "god" didn't know no one else thought the same way =/

really sorry about that.

but but but i don't think that pluto will discover giratina only because cyrus wants to remake the world not jump into the world on the reverse side of our own, giratina perhaps just breaks in through the rip in the space-time continuum at its first chance and attacks cyrus for no reason (like how things usually go in japanese games/tv shows) and dialga and palkia just fight it off and i really have no idea how to make it sound plausible from there so i'm gonna stop before i get too ridiculous.

Pluto might find out about giratina and keep it from cyrus becouse He Is A Doble Agent!!!

just because he's new doesn't make him a double agent...and if he is who else would he be working for? certainly not you. the protagonist isn't part of a police force or a spy agency and before i get flamed for this, if he were a double agent wouldn't he expect you to come around and plan things out with you beforehand?
all we've been discussing is what giratina is to the story lately not if pluto/your character is a spy for the new police dude.
But in all honesty, i doubt he would be a double agent only because then that would totally negate him being "more important than cyrus" or anything everyone else said that makes more sense to the story...this isn't 007 you know.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I am the only one who still says this but: I
I think maylene and pluto are working together and somehow in the story pluto is the good guy cause he is maylenes father and thats why she isnt in the gym(oh not volkner leaving?thats new)and the police dude is a corrupt cop mad with power like cyrus and decides to take the legnds for himself after he sees the majestic like powers of them.

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
What is this thread? the idea thread or platinum storyline thread?

Well nites, i belive that pluto will have an even bigger role to date. He will be the one who, by complete misunderstanding, discovers the portal to the torn world. Now using pyshics, it is possible to tell that any being that lives in a opposite world to the other must enter through portal. It is impossible to enter through a plausible entrance, such as a door or a wall. nOW WHEN PLUTO GETS INTO THE TORN WORLD, HE DISCOVERS GIRATINA(ORIGIN) and tells the rest of team galactic. Now, one of two things happen....

1. the basic emerald situation: giratina and shaymin begin to fight, and you must summon arcues to save them... or,
2. Dialga and Plakia fight and accidentalyy open the portal to the torn world

The predictions are endless, but thats what this threads for right, Those seemed like the most likely.

;)Luv ya'll

I don't think you have to summon Arceus because it's a event-only pokemon. . . . . . . .
it could be palkia and dialga fight and you have to summon Giratina to stop them. . . . . .

Lovely! rEPLY TIME!

When i made that prediction, i meant it to be after they revealed arceus. And giratina is the antagonist, nnot the protagonist. So he would mopst likely start the fight, not stop it.

Giratina, giratina, giratina... i loved this pokemon but this thread is getting confusing.

I never felt that Giratina was the antagonist in the new video. there were screenshots of him opening the torn world, and swerving towards the viewer, but it could be also said that Giratina's swerving and frenetic movements could be a sign that he/she wants to escape from something is controlling him...

His/Her eyes say evil, but his/her movements say "help me"...
Anyway, he can't make his face show emotion, since his face is made out of solid gold! (or injected with botox... :p )

anyway, we need to concentrate, everyone. nothing about Arceus has been confirmed in Platinum, so let us not talk about it for now.
Even if it was, i would have thought that such a great pokemon would have been confirmed earlier to create bigger hype for the game.

But no, no Arceus in Platinum.

Creative Critisim time! And don't worry ITOMARU, i wont flame you, were not all like BCVM22!:p

If that were to happen, there would be a warped game thingy, in which palkia/dialga had to be traveling through the portal for gira to attack them, but good specualtion about arceus though.

Yes, i bet team rocket does play a bigger role, but how? maybe because there are more ledgendaries? maybe because too many died in lets say... a plane wreck? Maybe because he's just too damn lazy to get up? who knows? There are unlimited answers to this question. Also, if yyou noticed the platinum video, cyrus and your character are in what seems to be a large control room in what is either space or the torn world.

Its a very good specualtion, but so far game pics and hints havee revealed that giratina is somewhat antagonistic towards the matter. And more information refers that arceus is the original one, bbecause sources from japan have revealed that some description about says that its the original one who wierlds a thousand hands. But you're right! without though, we would be lost!

First of all, Team Rocket?! I'm guessing you mean Team Galactic. of course they'll have a bigger role and there could be unlimited answers on how, but there is a a degree of reasonableness to those answers.

I could say TG create a dialga and palkia into a red gyarados and use them to fly off to a new region called yostta, but on a scale of reasonableness that would be insane, even impossible... for now...

As more ideas come into this platinum storyline thread, we have to discern what should be considered a contribution and what is just insane.
At the present time, there would be nothing about Arceus in the Platinum game.

but but but i don't think that pluto will discover giratina only because cyrus wants to remake the world not jump into the world on the reverse side of our own, giratina perhaps just breaks in through the rip in the space-time continuum at its first chance and attacks cyrus for no reason (like how things usually go in japanese games/tv shows) and dialga and palkia just fight it off and i really have no idea how to make it sound plausible from there so i'm gonna stop before i get too ridiculous.

What's ridiculous is that Giritina attacks for no reason.
Japanese games/tv shows, particularly anime, are credited for their complex storylines.
I don't imagine that Giratina would attack for "no reason", or dialga and palkia fight it off for exactly the same reason: no reason.

I think you just need to clear it up a bit. I'll help you start; begin with:
giratina breaks through a spacetime continuum rip... then explain how the rip came, why Giratina attacked Cyrus, why palkia and dialga fight...

Just be a bit more creative. In fact, everyone get creative! YAY! ^_^

Pluto might find out about giratina and keep it from cyrus becouse He Is A Doble Agent!!!

just because he's new doesn't make him a double agent...and if he is who else would he be working for? certainly not you. the protagonist isn't part of a police force or a spy agency and before i get flamed for this, if he were a double agent wouldn't he expect you to come around and plan things out with you beforehand?
all we've been discussing is what giratina is to the story lately not if pluto/your character is a spy for the new police dude.
But in all honesty, i doubt he would be a double agent only because then that would totally negate him being "more important than cyrus" or anything everyone else said that makes more sense to the story...this isn't 007 you know.

I started to like the double agent idea at first, but i kinda moved away from it.
But i've got another idea. Pluto doesn't became a double agent but goes against Cyrus' orders after finding the true extent of Cyrus's plan: creating a new world.

I'll write Pluto's involvement in the storyline in another post...

I think maylene and pluto are working together and somehow in the story pluto is the good guy cause he is maylenes father and thats why she isnt in the gym(oh not volkner leaving?thats new)and the police dude is a corrupt cop mad with power like cyrus and decides to take the legnds for himself after he sees the majestic like powers of them.

i think if nintendo would want to mention gym leader changes, they would have said that earlier in CoroCoro for bigger hype.
hmmm... your other idea seems imaginative, but let me expand on it:
instead of just the cop, maybe a team of corrupt cops, that become a counterpart to TG, like how Magma was to Aqua.
TG could go for palkia, while the Corrupt Cops Team go for dialga.

Mitchman, your idea is original and imaginative. Unlikely but original.
It's just that with such info released already it seems unlikely.
Just another point of having the cop become corrupt, it destroys some established ideas of what a cop is, and being a game mostly targeted at young people, having someone looking law-abiding but in really evil, seems unhopeful for some people, you know what i mean?

ehh... such long post... :D

-Nites

Last edited:

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
yeah, i brought religion up because the pokemon coming out are just very close to christian lore and my friends and i who discuss this pretty much labeled arceus as "god" didn't know no one else thought the same way =/

really sorry about that.

As i said before, we were labeling! not talking about it! as i said before, this is not... I Want to be A Chirstian!

You bring up a good point there delta! N e ways, yes, but as manifesto said, eho would he wor for???::)

You make a good point, but yes, the probability of him being a double agent is low, but it could be plausible... ill put some thought into that one.

NO...... He would take take the ledgends for himself, and if hentried to, his daughter would inevitably stop him... and sop would the hero, you.

Well he could be working 4 the police or cynthia becouse I hope she is involved in the story more. Or like the works.of......... said he could go agenst his orders then he tracks you down and tell you what cyrus's plan is and insted of the Professor Rowen tells you about the turnback cave (where giratina is sleeping) pluto does!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.