• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Storyline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit_Sphere

Rarely posts... =P
Yes, Nites, that's what I was saying. Your post has made me think about some things. If my theory is true, what caused the pollution in the Torn World? There's several possibilities.

Team Galactic could be causing the pollution, but are they causing the pollution to summon Dialga and Palkia, or is the pollution a side effect of the summoning? Perhaps the pollution started before Team Galactic interfered, and their interference worsened the pollution. What if the pollution was caused by Dialga and Palkia fighting? Maybe Pluto figures that out, and that gives Cyrus the idea to summon them. Then, when Cyrus summons them, they start fighting, and the pollution worsens. This gets Giratina angry and he jumps into the dimension- it's tired of all the pollution.

It's all so confusing!

Mega Weavile

Will the snow on the towns (like Twinleaf or the 1st lake) go away after you finish the TG/Torn World storyline?

^^ I would like 2 see it go away but i would like to see random weather. OR once evrey 4 days it gets hit by snow, then rainey, Sunny, windy Change of seasons!!!

Will the snow on the towns (like Twinleaf or the 1st lake) go away after you finish the TG/Torn World storyline?

I wondered that as well, because Lucas wouldn't need that puffy jacket anymore, for some reason I think Dawn looks alright, her costume ain't that DRAMATIC.

Well mabey when you go into snowey areas you cange outfits

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
Read, this clears up most.
this is on serebii .com for the torn world. read

http://www.serebii.net/platinum/tornworld.shtml

Yes, Nites, that's what I was saying. Your post has made me think about some things. If my theory is true, what caused the pollution in the Torn World? There's several possibilities.

Team Galactic could be causing the pollution, but are they causing the pollution to summon Dialga and Palkia, or is the pollution a side effect of the summoning? Perhaps the pollution started before Team Galactic interfered, and their interference worsened the pollution. What if the pollution was caused by Dialga and Palkia fighting? Maybe Pluto figures that out, and that gives Cyrus the idea to summon them. Then, when Cyrus summons them, they start fighting, and the pollution worsens. This gets Giratina angry and he jumps into the dimension- it's tired of all the pollution.

It's all so confusing!

LOL it is confusing.
well, according to the link from pokemonmaster21, the torn world opens by the immense presence of Dialga and Palkia. Yet it still has the possibility that it doesn't explain why Giratina would come through that tear.

I thought that it would stay forever.

>First of all, the Torn World would have to be opened forever, to allow Giratina to change forme. Unless there is an item.
>Then i would think the Torn World is responsible for the cold climate, since in pictures the Torn World seems to bend the clouds around it.
>Also in the Pokemon Platinum logo, there is a thunderbolt in the background, connecting the weather thing.
>(For those who know Norse Mythology, the main god, Thor, holds a hammer which creates thunderbolts. Maybe, Giratina = Thor)
>Also, the characters have never changed their outfit during the game in previous games. (i would think it would take up memory space that could be used to have some more pokemon on the nat. Dex, such as Giratina. but that's just an idea)

Back to the Thor=Giratina idea, maybe the Torn World can only be opened on Thursday after the Spear Pillar event, since Thursday comes from the name 'Thor's day'.

This would all be disregarded if Giratina gets an item to change its forme.

-Nites

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
LOL it is confusing.
well, according to the link from pokemonmaster21, the torn world opens by the immense presence of Dialga and Palkia. Yet it still has the possibility that it doesn't explain why Giratina would come through that tear.

I thought that it would stay forever.

>First of all, the Torn World would have to be opened forever, to allow Giratina to change forme. Unless there is an item.
>Then i would think the Torn World is responsible for the cold climate, since in pictures the Torn World seems to bend the clouds around it.
>Also in the Pokemon Platinum logo, there is a thunderbolt in the background, connecting the weather thing.
>(For those who know Norse Mythology, the main god, Thor, holds a hammer which creates thunderbolts. Maybe, Giratina = Thor)
>Also, the characters have never changed their outfit during the game in previous games. (i would think it would take up memory space that could be used to have some more pokemon on the nat. Dex, such as Giratina. but that's just an idea)

Back to the Thor=Giratina idea, maybe the Torn World can only be opened on Thursday after the Spear Pillar event, since Thursday comes from the name 'Thor's day'.

This would all be disregarded if Giratina gets an item to change its forme.

-Nites

Giratina would most likely come through the tear because he is upset that it was opened in the first place, and maybe becasue dialga and palkia are conflicting. But all the predictions seem correct, so i wont critique you on that, but what i find interesting is pokemon (possibly using the cocept of norse myhtology in the game, but, as you said, if it olny opened on thursday, giratoina, would most likely need a item to change, maybe, the Origin orb??

Maye the farther you progress in the gme, the more the weather clears up?

Last edited:
what if there are 2 girantina's origan and other like origan is a imposter because he was cloned by team galagtic but it goes in the pokedex as girantina

pkmn Trainer Ruby

NAME CHANGE PLZ!
This is what i think will be the plot. It will be similar to D/P until spear pillar. Cyrus will use the pshychic trio to call forth Dialga and Palkia. However the power of the two is to much to handle and space and time will be distorted, opening the torn world. Giratina, in origin form, will be disturbed, cuasing Dialga and Palkia to flee. Cyrus fears what is happening and regrets everything he has done, and then flees. This leaves you to enter the torn world and find Giratina. Capture or Deafeat it, and everyone is saved. When you leave Giratina will revert back to Normal mode(Another is what i think it was called..i dunno). This leaves you with a side quest to get an item that Giratina must hold to stay in Origin form in your world(Like Shymine[spelled wrong]). The item will probably be at Turnback cave where Giratina is located in D/P.

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
Giratina would most likely come through the tear because he is upset that it was opened in the first place, and maybe becasue dialga and palkia are conflicting. But all the predictions seem correct, so i wont critique you on that, but what i find interesting is pokemon (possibly using the cocept of norse myhtology in the game, but, as you said, if it olny opened on thursday, giratoina, would most likely need a item to change, maybe, the Origin orb??

Maye the farther you progress in the gme, the more the weather clears up?
There is something missing from my own theory: Pluto.
Pluto confuses me.
In the earlier editions of CoroCoro mentioning Platinum, Pluto was mentioned as the Wind Doctor, something to do with weather.
But the name 'Wind Doctor' throws me off - is he controlling it, or curing it? has TG caused the cold weather or wants to prevent it?

Since i believe that the Torn World is actually responsible for the cold weather (check my previous post), does that mean for Pluto to have changed the weather he must have access to the secrets of the Torn World?
Or is there actually no connection at all?

Discuss.

-Nites

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
There is something missing from my own theory: Pluto.
Pluto confuses me.
In the earlier editions of CoroCoro mentioning Platinum, Pluto was mentioned as the Wind Doctor, something to do with weather.
But the name 'Wind Doctor' throws me off - is he controlling it, or curing it? has TG caused the cold weather or wants to prevent it?

Since i believe that the Torn World is actually responsible for the cold weather (check my previous post), does that mean for Pluto to have changed the weather he must have access to the secrets of the Torn World?
Or is there actually no connection at all?

Discuss.

-Nites
Actually, PLuto right now is a big ?
all we know is that hes a meteorologist, and that he might have somehting to do with the climate change, and ys nites, dont feel bad, hes missing from all of our theories :p

Darkhonchcrow

I think it will be like Emerald because you will catch Giratina before the Elite Four and after you have defeated the Elite Four you can catch Dialga and Palkia.

garchompahman112

What's cookin'?
lol i hope nintendo adds some humor.

Giratina pops out of the dimension and it sucks you in, but you see your character run for his life! his little feet are creating sparks, then..... he falls. hes sucked into the torn world

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
That would be hilarious. It would be nice, yes, to include some homourous stuff, but somehow I don't see them adding it to the major plot storyline...

Dracondix

0.0 /oblivious\ 0.0
Is the torn world 3d?

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
i want heatran thrown in the storyline somehow
its has nothing to do with D/P
well it has a little part
Think of mewtwo, and lugia/ho-oh, the three dogs - they don't specifically need to give heatran (or cresselia for that matter) a more involved storyline...

bustaryhmes

i like pokemon
i think that when you have obtained the natoinal dex u couls go to some where like the orange islands like they did in crystal (forgive m if im wrong on the game never played those ones before) that would be good

Status
Not open for further replies.