• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Storyline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
Now that my severe and impudent flaming by Grei has ended, i will now exxplain a few things to the unforutunately miss-understood and mis- treated

but that's just a rumor meganium.

and why would a DETECTIVE be investigating weather changes? shouldn't that be the job of a meteorologist? (but then again, when has pokemon EVER made sense?)

and furthermore, this is chewbacca, what does he have to do with this topic? NOTHING! it does not make sense! see? chewbacca! it does not make sense!

Pokemon makes perfect sense if you think about it :p

Now og rant somewhere else.

You're not getting the point. This was when Handsome was first revealed, back when we didn't even know he was a detective. Furthermore, rumors are rarely posted on the website. This one was an exception, and the rumor become so widely known some people thought it was actually confirmed that was the case. And you don't have to be a meteorologist or anything of the sort to investigate strange weather conditions, especially in Pokemon.

Actually, the second the picture of handsome was revealed, Serebii auto-specualted that he was a detective. True about the weather, but you do have to be a meteorologist to understand it.

yeah, you're right but still...i don't see what's the big deal with the snow patches on the ground.

i mean if the region was based on somewhere really hot i'd be so much more interested.

Actually, you do bring up a good point. Sinnh is generally ocean-front, which makes it colder becuase of the windshield factor (That the closer you are to water, the colder the wind gets), However, if thier water was warm, they would have the hurricane facot (The warmer the water, the stronger the hurricane). So if thier ater is warm, the explanation is simple

Assumption 1: The water is warm, thus, making winds and land warmer, but with hurricanes. However, its cold in this, so assumption two is more accurate. However, what if the weather is constanly changing in the game? There could be volcanic eruptions, then severe typhoons, or devastating storms? That would mean that sinnoh is either

A: Splitting in half

or

B: The earths crust is being damaged

Or......

Assumption 2:The wind and water is generally cold throughout the year, so that would mean that warmth could be caused by a large undergroud gap opening to release cold air pressure, which would severly affect the weather. However, what if this is set in the summer?

However, theres always the obvious pokemon related one

Diagaz and palkiaz r gettin madz at each otherz so they fight and teh giratina thingy comes and blows up sinnnohwz WAAAAAAAAAAH

The big deal is that people thought (and some still do) the snow patches had a significant impact on the plot. Now it's obviously not the case, but most people are still confused by it.

Snow patches are snow patches; live with it

Its not...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH its the snow patches! run for your life!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.