• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Storyline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirage.Mew

The majority of Jasmine's Pokemon are electric type: Magnemite, Magneton, and Ampharos (the one from the lighthouse). Plus, she could've acquired more Pokemon in the Sinnoh region.

So, once again, I see no reason why Jasmine can't be Volkner's replacement. =P

Dome

She can't leave her main Pokemon! Steelix! Unless it is going to have thunder fang... I still can't see Jasmine as a Sinnoh gym leader, leave her in Johto :p I need to see her in -one day, maybe 2092- GSC remake

Dome

I hope Volkner doesn't become a champ, it would be so Emerald and I really think that he doesn't deserve that place... :/

Dome

I hope Volkner doesn't become a champ, it would be so Emerald and I really think that he doesn't deserve that place... :/

Mirage.Mew

Yeah. D: Cynthia makes a really good Champion, in my opinion. =)

Maybe they could include her in a double battle with the player, though, like they did with Steven in Emerald? =P I wouldn't mind that.

Gunny

<-The ninja god
I REALLY hope they don't pull the exact same things that they did with Emerald. Emerald was just like a retelling to a degree, sure, some additions to the story, but not many. Hopefully, the scans from Corocoro will show us there may be further.

Also, if they were showing a shaymin sky battle (Even though bluetooth if you see the signal icon) I think they will try to integrate it into the story.

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
I can't believe they made all these changes.

Crystal just had a few extra options and one new guy.

Then, they sort of molded the storyline a bit.

Now, the game was totally retconned!!!

Two new characters, cold climate, new areas, and most of all, A NEW WORLD!!!!!!!!!

What's next?

greywolf123

The third game being a entirely new game? GASP!

Yeah, its actually kind of nice, since at least we know were getting a little bit more worth out of the game. Unlike when you were shelling out ~35$ for the exact same game.

greywolf123

The third game being a entirely new game? GASP!

Yeah, its actually kind of nice, since at least we know were getting a little bit more worth out of the game. Unlike when you were shelling out ~35$ for the exact same game.

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
Yea..Platinum looks good. I may buy it. Maybe if there are some new Breeding stuff, I will.

Dia406

Totally not gay!
PLatinum is gonna be 3d like right? The cold climate might be caused by Dialga and Palkia fighting. Oh and who knowticed that the Platinum Rivals outfit looks better then the Platinum Male character's I could do with out the scarf then I'd pick him as my character. What would I give to be the Rival in Platinum.

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
In GSC Jasmine said that she went on a trip and when she came back from that trip she began to focus on steel types.

interesting! dp is based before gsc right?
so maybe Jasmine went on her "trip" to Sinnoh, training her electrics inc her beloved Amphy, but then she went back to Johto, training Steelix and dumping Amphy in the lighthouse cos its too old. Then it gets sick...
So maybe her roster will be something like Steelix (w/thunder fang), Magneton/Luxray, Ampharos and Magnezone. The only reason she has to have Steelix is because she enters it in master contests in DP i am told.

However if she is the last gym leader, and DP is set before GSC, then Ash would have to battle Volkner still. That doesn't mean Jasmine can't make an appearance or have a mention though.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
No jasmine wont be a gym leader. Mostly cause platinumwill be to loaded with other stuff. Also d/p takes place at the same time as g/s/c if you can remember the gyarados.

Sir Crocodile

Arcanite Reaper HO!
No jasmine wont be a gym leader. Mostly cause platinumwill be to loaded with other stuff. Also d/p takes place at the same time as g/s/c if you can remember the gyarados.
The red Gyarados in lake rage has nothing to do with the red Gyarados that the television program was looking for. It was just a shiny that the game referenced.

jegi

Magma Grunt
i think the thorn world or something will be the the world that world galactic wanted to make. I think he made that world because we know about global warming on the game now and i think cyrus wants a new world without those problems, a new begining, maybe it will be maybe not ^^

Dome

Yeah, bad guys don't want global warming and they collect bottles and pick up trash, they eat organic food and work out... Yup, sounds like Team Galactic

I hope that they will make breeding changes i dont like baby pokemon that need a incence to make it in the wild. put the incences earler in the game. Exept munchlax, may munchlax live forever!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.