• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Team for the upgraded Elite Four

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to pimp my Platinum team so that they can handle the levelled up Elite Four in Platinum; I'm planning to get them all to Lvl 70, which I think should be enough, but I'd like to get some tips on new moves that might help me better handle pokemon like Flint's Magmortar and Lucian's Gallade and Cynthia's EVERYTHING. Particularly for my Staraptor, because her moveset just...fails forever at the moment, OTL. I'm also pretty unsatisfied with my Garchomp's moveset, too. Item suggestions would also be appreciated!

Here is my team:

Empoleon with Serious Nature @ Focus Band
- Surf
- Avalanche
- Grass Knot
- Aqua Jet

Typhlosion with Naughty Nature @ Quick Claw
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Thunderpunch
- Brick Break

Staraptor with Serious Nature @ Razor Claw
- Fly
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Defog (yeah, I know)

Rhyperior with Hasty Nature @ Earth Plate
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Strength

Bronzong with Mild Nature @ Odd Incense
- Faint Attack
- Toxic
- Extrasensory
- Confuse Ray

Garchomp with Quiet Nature @ Dragon Fang
- Rock Climb
- Crunch
- Draco Meteor
- Dig

I'd prefer to keep these six pokemon, despite the fact that Rhyperior and Garchomp kind of cancel each other out. I'm just fond of them. :)

Thanks in advance!

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Let's get the obvious out of the way.

EQ over dig on Chomp.

GET RID OF STARAPTORN DEFOG. Save that for random Pokemon you put in your team on those times. Put Return over it.

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Let's get the obvious out of the way.

EQ over dig on Chomp.

GET RID OF STARAPTORN DEFOG. Save that for random Pokemon you put in your team on those times. Put Return over it.

....okay I swear I had some sort of reason for having Dig instead of Earthquake, but I just checked Bulbapedia and my logic is fail, so disregard that you are quite correct.

And yeah, I really have no excuse for the Defog OTL I'm just...very lazy.

Terry. T.

One and Only...
Thats a good team! with good moves!

That helped a lot, didn't it?
lol.

Anyway, Staraptor:
Brave Bird/Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Return
Pluck/U-Turn
This covers all really, Pluck eats Chomp's berries and you don't need to be perfect, even for this.

Garchomp:
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Slash
Fire Fang
Not all around, but the damage THIS can do is decent. No Outrage for screw-up purposes, Slash for no breeding for Crunch (I think) and Fire Fang is easier to get than Stone Edge. Dragon Claw and Earthquake through level-up. Dig if you REALLY need to.

dragonmasta

. Slash for no breeding for Crunch (I think)Dragon Claw and Earthquake through level-up. Dig if you REALLY need to.

chomp learns cruch at lv 48 as soon as it levels up.
earthquake is TM only on chomp

EDIT so i actually give some help:
staraptor:
return
brave bird
u-turn
close combat

garchomp:
earthquake
dragon claw/outrage
substitute
swords dance

Terry. T.

One and Only...
chomp learns cruch at lv 48 as soon as it levels up.
earthquake is TM only on chomp

Whoa... Dammit.
That's why he used Dig...
And Crunch>Slash.