• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Team Help/Rate a lil of both

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Ok here's the thing, I've always chose Empoleon as my starter in Platinum so I knew from there how my team was gonna be planned out. I'm choosing Infernape this time around and I'm really lost on my team. I'm trying to use a team I've never used and this is in game btw. So far I only got 2 Pokemon planned out; Infernape and Gardevoir. I chose Gardevoir over Gallade mainly because I can't get a Shiny Stone until late into the game and by them Gallade would of missed most of it's good attacks.

With the info I've given out so far, what would be a good water type to choose and electric type? Once again I'm choosing Infernape so Empoleon is out of the question nor do I wanna trade for in game teams. I was thinking Gyarados but he's super overrated and I've used him in different games quite a few times. Luxray would also be my electric I would choose but I've always used him. So with the Pokemon I don't want what's some good additions to my team. Also how useful is a Grass type? If they are useful would Leafeon be a good choice? I never used him so I'd rather choose him over Roserade which I've always used. I'll only choose Leafeon if Vapreon isn't recommended.

That's about all the questions I need to know and my other Pokemon really depend on which Water and Electric types I use. I was thinking of a Grass with them and my other type would depend on all that. Anyways, here's what my Infernape and Gardevoir are gonna run and why.

Infernape - Close Combat, Flare Blitz, Shadow Claw, U-Turn/Stone Edge
Close Combat is a VERY powerful STAB move for Infernape and same goes for Flare Blitz. Shadow Claw would cover it's Psychic weakness and Stone Edge if I go with it would cover it's Flying weakness.

Gardevoir - Shadow Ball, Psychic, Calm Mind, Reflect
Psychic takes out 2 weaknesses (ghost) and (Bug), Shadow Ball also takes Ghost and Psychic. I would run Focus Blast to take out it's Dark weakness but it's got 70% acc. Calm Mind to increase it's Sp. Atk and Sp. Def making it a for sure special sweeper, and then Reflect to increase it's terrible Defense when needed.

Please don't suggest Gallade over Gardevoir or tell me to change Infernape with Empoleon cos I believe I made it clear. I will put suggested movesets into consideration for my 2 mon but I think they are good as is. Infernape is running Physical, Gardevoir is running Special.

If this is the wrong thread I'm sorry, please put it in it's proper thread.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Just a little advice you would be better of going to a team help thread rather than creating your own thread just for you team. Trust me I learned that the hard way...

For a Water-Type I recommend Shellos/Gastrodon. Very underrated Pokemon but is actually very good. Has good enough stats and has an awesome Water/Ground Typing. but there is also Quagsire and Tentacruel which I recommend as well
For an Electric-Type there is Magnezone, Raichu, Electivire, Rotom, and Jolteon as all pretty good Electic-Types. There is Pachirisu but I really don't recommend that.

I also suggest Garchomp, although it takes a while to train up it is worth it in the end.

CMHennigan

You can also look into Starmie, a very good special sweeper. Vaporeon is a great wall/status passer/healer. Magnezone is a great choice for electric but i've founf that it's normally better to have an electric attack on a poke or two rather than have a straight electric pokemon as the only SE hits you'll get are water and flying. but you get hit by ground (one of the most common attacking types, fear EQ) walled by grass, etc. I use bolt/beam on my starmie along with surf and psychic and it's phenomenal. be sure to check out a ghost/dark type and ice is great as well. Sneasel/weavile work nicely and gengar is great too. or mismagius. just suggestions.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Please , use this format when posting:

Pokemon @ Item
Nature
EV's (if applicable)
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move