• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum team: how good is mine?

appelpower

Sinnoh Champion
I was curious to know how good my team in Platinum is. I am just past Cynthia.
This is my team:

Crobat (Lv.50)

Moves:
Cross Poison
Crunch
Aerial Ace
Fly (I need this one)

Serious Nature, Inner Focus ability, Sp.Atk and Atk are equal, Dread Plate item

Roserade (Lv.50)

Moves:
Magical Leaf
Grass Knot (I want to keep this one)
Giga Drain
Stun Spore (I want to keep this or Sleep Powder for catching. How do you get Sleep Powder?)

Rash Nature, Natural Cure ability, Big Root item

Fan Rotom (Lv.52) (I want to keep the Fan forme, as it has the most reliable forme-exclusive move)

Moves:
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Air Slash
Double Team

Lonely Nature, Levitate ability, Spooky Plate item

Infernape (Lv.53)

Moves:
Fire Punch
Flamethrower
Brick Break
Close Combat

Naive Nature, Blaze ability, no item

Giratina (Lv.54)

Moves:
Shadow Claw
Dragon Claw
Earthquake (this is my only Ground move, I want to keep this)
Shadow Force

Naive Nature, Pressure ability, no item. I don't want an Origin forme, as I need this one's bulk. The SpDef drop caused by its nature is compensated for by SpDef EV-minerals. I also EV'd it to slightly favour physical moves, but the difference is small between the two offensive stats. Mine is exceptionally fast.

Vaporeon (Lv. 56) <3

Moves:
Water Pulse (I want to replace this)
Aurora Beam (I want to replace this as well)
Surf (I need this)
Ice Beam (I need this)

Serious Nature, Water Absorb ability, no item. I don't need Waterfall, as I'm past all Waterfalls I want to go past. Or else, I'll catch a low-Lv Buizel and climb Stark Mountain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't like low-PP moves with low accuracy (Thunder, Hydro Pump, etc.), moves like Outrage and recoil moves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this a good team?

Cear13

Avid Palkia Fan
The Team's Not that Bad. Yet it hasn't reached lvl 100 yet so it's not that strong but for defeating normal trainers in the game they are quite up for a battle.
@Your Roserade it can't learn sleep powder anymore.
@Your Giratina it's your own giratina you can choose what it want to learn but Giratina's good in using Special Attacks too. Origin Form of it is faster and has high attack and sp.atk more if you want it to became a Sweeper.

Not that Bad i Say :)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Crobat
Mild/Rash Nature
~Cross Poison
~Aerial Ace
~Giga Drain
~Heat Wave

I'm very sure it cannot learn Crunch.

Roserade
Modest/Timid Nature
~Grass Knot
~Sludge Bomb
~Shadow Ball
~Sleep Powder/Stun Spore

Rotom-F
Modest/Timid Nature
~Air Slash
~Thunderbolt
~Shadow Ball
~Thunder Wave

Infernape
Naive Nature
~Flamethrower
~Close Combat
~Grass Knot
~Rock Slide

Perfect Nature for Mixed set, which usually has Nasty Plot instead of Rock Slide, but since you already evolved it (NP is obtainable only on Monferno), then oh well.

For Giratina, the Nature is more suited for Origin Forme, but okay. Aqua Tail over Shadow Claw, since you already have Shadow Force for a Ghost move.

For Vaporeon, Shadow Ball and Signal Beam over the first two moves.

appelpower

Sinnoh Champion
The Team's Not that Bad. Yet it hasn't reached lvl 100 yet so it's not that strong but for defeating normal trainers in the game they are quite up for a battle.
@Your Roserade it can't learn sleep powder anymore.
@Your Giratina it's your own giratina you can choose what it want to learn but Giratina's good in using Special Attacks too. Origin Form of it is faster and has high attack and sp.atk more if you want it to became a Sweeper.

Not that Bad i Say :)

Thanks for your replies! I'll reply one by one because I don't know how to reply to two people at the same time.

A shame my Roserade can't learn Sleep Powder anymore... maybe by Heart Scale Tutor?

I want the bulk on my Giratina as a Revival Herb buffer...

appelpower

Sinnoh Champion
Crobat
Mild/Rash Nature
~Cross Poison
~Aerial Ace
~Giga Drain
~Heat Wave

I'm very sure it cannot learn Crunch.

Roserade
Modest/Timid Nature
~Grass Knot
~Sludge Bomb
~Shadow Ball
~Sleep Powder/Stun Spore

Rotom-F
Modest/Timid Nature
~Air Slash
~Thunderbolt
~Shadow Ball
~Thunder Wave

Infernape
Naive Nature
~Flamethrower
~Close Combat
~Grass Knot
~Rock Slide

Perfect Nature for Mixed set, which usually has Nasty Plot instead of Rock Slide, but since you already evolved it (NP is obtainable only on Monferno), then oh well.

For Giratina, the Nature is more suited for Origin Forme, but okay. Aqua Tail over Shadow Claw, since you already have Shadow Force for a Ghost move.

For Vaporeon, Shadow Ball and Signal Beam over the first two moves.

Good Ideas! I think I'll replace Aerial Ace with Fly for Crobat (Airplane needs ;))

Maybe I'll use Psychic on Roserade/Vaporeon, I have no Psychic moves...

Thunder Wave is a good replacement for Double Team indeed...

I'm not sure about Infernape, I need the PP and a Physical Fire move...

I'll consider Aqua Tail (It can learn that??)

For Vaporeon good deas too...

Thank you!