• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Team Rate

rocky505

Okay I am about to take on the Elite Four and need to know what would be good movesets for my pokemon.

Infernape
Naive
-Fire Punch
-Thunderpunch
-Close Combat
-Shadow Claw

Basically a physical sweeper. He currently has Fire Punch since he hasn't learned Flare Blitz yet. Shadow Claw is there for Psychic types. Close Combat is just secondary STAB.

Luxray
Mild
-Crunch
-Iron Tail
-Spark
- nothing yet

Luxray is pretty useless without the elemental fangs IMO but I don't feel like breeding one for them. Crunch for coverage. Iron Tail may be risky but it helps when it hits those Rock/Ground types. Spark is the best it gets but since it is mild natured I was thinking of replacing it with Thunderbolt. I have no idea what to put in the last slot since Superpower is after the E4.

Crobat
Hasty
-Cross Poison
-Fly(Can't replace this)
-Roost
-Steel Wing

Cross Poison is STAB. Fly for flying around and STAB. Roost to take off damage and Steel Wing for the rock types.

Rampardos
Adamant
-Rock Slide
-Zen Headbutt
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

This thing is a monster and OHKOes anything. Rock Slide for STAB. Zen Headbutt for those fighting types. Fire Punch for the grass types. Earthquake for the QuakeEdge combo.

Golduck
Timid
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Focus Blast

Surf for STAB. Ice Beam will do wonders against Cynthia's Chomp. Psychic for more coverage. Focus Blast for Ice,Rock,Steel and Dark types. Golduck has HP Fire just in case I could use it.

Leafeon
Impish
-Razor Leaf( No access to Leaf Blade or Seed Bomb yet)
-Return
-Aerial Ace
-X scissor

This thing can take any physical move as long as it isn't a brave bird or flare blitz. Razor Leaf is it's best STAB at the moment. Return hurts pretty much anything not Ghost, Steel or Rock type. Aerial Ace for those Bugs and other Grass types. X scissor does the same as Aerial Ace but is stronger.

Please do not post egg moves I do not feel like breeding at all.

carnivalmar

Its better to get jolly on rampardos. His attack is so high that you really dont need much more. And since he has mediocre speed and low defenses you gotta make sure you go first. You mentioned that you dont breed for eggmoves. I'm just gonna leave this here as a suggestion in case you change your mind. Crunch on Rampardos works very well.

Okay I am about to take on the Elite Four and need to know what would be good movesets for my pokemon.

Infernape
Jolly
-Fire Punch
-Thunderpunch
-Close Combat
-Shadow Claw

Basically a physical sweeper. He currently has Fire Punch since he hasn't learned Flare Blitz yet. Shadow Claw is there for Psychic types. Close Combat is just secondary STAB.

Luxray
Mild
-Crunch
-Return
-Thunderbolt
-Iron Tail

Luxray is pretty useless without the elemental fangs IMO but I don't feel like breeding one for them. Crunch for coverage. Iron Tail may be risky but it helps when it hits those Rock/Ground types. Spark is the best it gets but since it is mild natured I was thinking of replacing it with Thunderbolt. I have no idea what to put in the last slot since Superpower is after the E4.

Crobat
Adamant
-Cross Poison
-Fly(Can't replace this)
-Roost
-Steel Wing

Cross Poison is STAB. Fly for flying around and STAB. Roost to take off damage and Steel Wing for the rock types.

Rampardos
Jolly
-Rock Slide
-Zen Headbutt
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

This thing is a monster and OHKOes anything. Rock Slide for STAB. Zen Headbutt for those fighting types. Fire Punch for the grass types. Earthquake for the QuakeEdge combo.

Golduck
Timid
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Focus Blast

Surf for STAB. Ice Beam will do wonders against Cynthia's Chomp. Psychic for more coverage. Focus Blast for Ice,Rock,Steel and Dark types. Golduck has HP Fire just in case I could use it.

Leafeon
Impish
-Return/Swords Dance
-Aerial Ace/Swords Dance
-X scissor/Swords Dance

This thing can take any physical move as long as it isn't a brave bird or flare blitz. Razor Leaf is it's best STAB at the moment. Return hurts pretty much anything not Ghost, Steel or Rock type. Aerial Ace for those Bugs and other Grass types. X scissor does the same as Aerial Ace but is stronger.

Comments in Boldface.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Have rampardos hold muscle band to increase attack.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
You could run a Trollbat

Crobat
Toxic
Fly
Roost
Protect?

basically you throw a toxic then waste turns with fly (when you're invulnerable), roost to recover and protect

Emeraldfan

Swords Dance>Shadow Claw works well on Infernape. You can keep Fire Punch in that case IMO, as you're boosting his attack. The extra plus side is that you won't take recoil.

rocky505

You could run a Trollbat

Crobat
Toxic
Fly
Roost
Protect?

basically you throw a toxic then waste turns with fly (when you're invulnerable), roost to recover and protect
Trolling is not my style though. I'll probably just stik with what I have on Crobat. And for Rampardos having Adamant. I EV trained it in speed as soon as I got it so it's speed is pretty good in game.

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU

Infernape
Naive
-Fire Punch
-Thunderpunch
-Close Combat
-Shadow Claw

Nothing bad. Good thing you are taking away Fire punch for Flare Blitz. It's worth recoil.

Luxray
Mild
-Crunch
-Iron Tail
-Thunder Fang
- Charge

Your Luxray should have learned Thunder Fang by now. It's better than spark.
Pair that with Charge and you have a force to be reckoned with.

Crobat
Hasty
-Cross Poison
-Fly(Can't replace this)
-Roost
-Steel Wing

Nothing bad.

Rampardos
Adamant
-Stone Edge
-Zen Headbutt
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

Replace Rock Slide for Stone Edge. Then it would be an actual QuakeEdge combo.

Golduck
Timid
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Focus Blast

Yea. Good move set, but Ice Beam will also do good against grass. Keep it that way.

Leafeon
Impish
-Swords Dance
-Aerial Ace
-X scissor

Return will not be worth using. It would be okay with Umbreon or Espeon who will already have max Happiness, but replace return for swords dance.

Comments in bold.

rocky505

Return is good on Leafeon it does more than a STAB Razor Leaf, Return is basically Leafeons best move right now. Charge sucks and Spark is better than thunder fang, Spark has a higer chance of paralyzing and has 100% accuracy. Rock Slide is better for me because I do not trust Stone Edge at all do to the accuracy and low PP.

Infernape
Naive
-Fire Punch
-Thunderpunch
-Close Combat
-Shadow Claw/Swords Dance

Luxray
Mild
-Crunch
-Iron Tail
-Spark
-Strength/2nd Return

Crobat
Hasty
-Cross Poison
-Fly(Can't replace this)
-Roost
-Steel Wing

Rampardos
Adamant
-Rock Slide
-Zen Headbutt
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

Golduck
Timid
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Focus Blast

Leafeon
Impish
-Return
-Aerial Ace
-X scissor

Everything else is great.