• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Team Rate

chrisx008x

Ok so I'm actually in the process of creating a team and I haven't settled on move sets yet so I'll just give the names instead.

Machamp
Garchomp
Alakazam
Staraptor
Gengar
(Open Spot)

So far this is all I can put together out of what I have. My friend is playing soul silver for me and my brother is playing sapphire so we can pal park to silver and then trade into my platinum. I need input on my current selections and also suggestions for what else I should put in. I was thinking Houndoom since I have one already but I wasn't sure. Or perhaps scrap the machamp and add a water type like gyarados. I don't want to switch out garchomp for a dragonite just because I prefer garchomp(looks cooler IMO). Also if anyone wants to help me pick good move sets that would be cool too but not necessary.

Tonguetyd

Make sure Machamp's ability is No Guard.That will allow it to utilize DynamicPunch.

I'm also thinking you could dump Staraptor and replace it with something else,right now I'm recommending Skarmory or a Water type.

CMHennigan

Alright first off, throw together some kind of a move-set and repost/edit or the mods are going to close your thread. Just a heads up, and i agree, replace staraptor with a better flying type like skarmory, or a fire type, and your last slot should go to a water type preferably.

chrisx008x

ok. i knew i needed a water type so ill put that in as the last spot. and switch skarmory in from staraptor. sounds good. let me go see if i can catch a skarmory right quick. and the reason i dont have any move sets posted is because its not definitive yet. everything is in its mid 40's to high 50's so i havent really gotten everything i want yet. im in the process of rebreeding everything so i can properly EV train them which i've never done before. i don't have immediate access to those reset berries so thats why im starting clean. thanks for the tips though guys. as for the water type, my friend and I are bredding eevees so i was thinking i would use vaporeon? That or maybe lapras if he can get one.

DemonViper

Shadow Master
Hey guys, I started a new game in my Platinum and i'm trying to build a good team but i'm not sure what moves I should give them. My team along with the moves I think are good is listed below. Let me know if they are good moves and if I should give them different moves. Just to let you guys know i'm still new to this so please I would love if you PM me some tips on the whole making a team thing.

Houndoom:
Shadow Ball
Fire Blast
Fire Fang
Crunch

Drapion:
Cross Poison
Thunder Fang
Ice Fang
Crunch

Sharpedo:
Surf
Crunch
Earthquake
Ice Beam

Weavile:
Ice Punch
Dark Pulse
Night Slash
Sword Dance

Honchkrow:
Roost
Sucker Punch
Steel Wing
Dark Pulse

Absol:
Super Power
Thunder
Shadow Ball
Razor Wind

Chidzz

Hey guys, I started a new game in my Platinum and i'm trying to build a good team but i'm not sure what moves I should give them. My team along with the moves I think are good is listed below. Let me know if they are good moves and if I should give them different moves. Just to let you guys know i'm still new to this so please I would love if you PM me some tips on the whole making a team thing.

Houndoom:
Shadow Ball
Fire Blast
Fire Fang
Crunch

Drapion:
Cross Poison
Thunder Fang
Ice Fang
Crunch

Sharpedo:
Surf
Crunch
Earthquake
Ice Beam

Weavile:
Ice Punch
Dark Pulse
Night Slash
Sword Dance

Honchkrow:
Roost
Sucker Punch
Steel Wing
Dark Pulse

Absol:
Super Power
Thunder
Shadow Ball
Razor Wind

1. this isn't your post, huh?..... make your own thread (just fyi)
2. unless you doing a dark monotype challenge, your toast