• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Team

Minun-Kun

Kaen Rakurai♪
Hey guys, cld sumone plz rate my team? Also cld u guys suggest a sixth member to my team? thanx

Infernape: ;392;
Flamethrower
Brick Break
Flare Blitz
Close Combat

Leafeon: ;470;
Razor Leaf
Dig
Leaf Blade
X-Scissor

Floatzel: ;419;
Surf
Waterfall
Aqua Jet
Crunch

Weavile: ;461;
Avalanche
Night Slash
Dig
Shadow Claw

Togekiss: ;468;
Fly
Air Slash
Sky Attack
Aura Sphere

Like i said, i need a 6th member, but i cant decide wot it shld b. Wen suggestin plz remember i hvnt cmlpted the pokedex yet

Thanx ;D

I'm assuming you're not able to get Egg moves, so I'll try to list other alternatives if necessary. Suggestions in bold.

Hey guys, cld sumone plz rate my team? Also cld u guys suggest a sixth member to my team? thanx

Infernape: ;392;
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Stone Edge/Nasty Plot/Calm Mind

Close Combat

Chimchar learns Nasty Plot, but not Infernape. So if you can't go back, Stone Edge is a good alternative to help with Flying Pokemon, and adds good neutrality. Grass Knot hits Water types and Ground Pokemon who could give you trouble.

Leafeon: ;470;
Swords Dance
Baton Pass/Return/Quick Attack

Leaf Blade
X-Scissor

Leafeon does have a pretty shallow movepool. Dig might seem like a good idea, but the two turns it takes to use really cut back on how useful it is. However, you can keep it ingame since it can be helpful when escaping from caves. Return offers a solid, neutral attack against many foes, while Quick Attack can help pick off weaker opponents. Swords Dance boosts her Attack to even higher levels. Razor Leaf and Leaf Blade are too similar to have on the same set, so get rid of Razor Leaf.

Floatzel: ;419;
Ice Fang/Ice Punch
Waterfall
Brick Break
Crunch

Another physical set... No need for 3 damaging Water moves on one set. Just stick with one. You're limiting how many different types of Pokemon you can battle when you overlap offensive attacking types.

Weavile: ;461;
Ice Punch/Ice Shard
Night Slash
Brick Break
Swords Dance/Aerial Ace

Weavile is much too fragile to be using Avalanche, due to the negative priority. Ice Punch is a solid attack, but Ice Shard can catch many foes off guard. Brick Break is there for coverage, and the last slot is up to you. Swords Dance again boost her Attack, but Aerial Ace can help with Fighting Pokemon who Weavile is very weak against. Shadow Claw might seem like a decent idea, but you already have Night Slash. Both Dark and Ghost have very similar offensive effectiveness, so one is needed. Since Weavile gets STAB for Night Slash, Shadow Claw isn't needed.

Togekiss: ;468;
Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Roost/Wish
Aura Sphere

You don't need 3 damaging Flying moves. Again, you're limited to only certain foes you can fight if you do have that many of the same attacking type. Also, Sky Attack and Fly take too long to use in battle. Thunder Wave is there for support, and works very well with Air Slash's flinch rate. Roost can help recover her own health, but Wish can heal the entire team.

Like i said, i need a 6th member, but i cant decide wot it shld b. Wen suggestin plz remember i hvnt cmlpted the pokedex yet

Thanx ;D

You have a very offensively inclined team, especially on the physical side. Your last Pokemon should be someone who can take attacks better, and possibly deal out Sp.Attacks at the same time. Right now, you have a Water/Ice/Electric weakness. Your last Pokemon could be someone like Cresselia or Uxie, for support/defense.

Minun-Kun

Kaen Rakurai♪
Wow, i am one CRAP trainer. :O
taken ur advice on but changed weavile to mesprit:

MESPRIT: ;481;
Extrasensory (a good STAB move, with a chance to flinch)
Thunderbolt (U said i had a water weakness...)
Stealth Rock (shadow ball, to take care of any opposing psychics/slow ghosts)
Trick Room (to help my slow ones...)

Since i hv mesprit i didnt think i had a need for uxie/cresselia. was thinking about gliscor, but then decided against it. my team will change after beatin the elite 4 (with a few exeptions), so im not too worried.

thanx :D

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ There's no real reason to use Extrasensory when Psychic is available to you instead. Stealth Rock, imo, is not very useful IG as the AI rarely switches and Trick Room should only be used on a completely slow team, normally a competitive strategy. You could give one of these sets a try instead;

481.png

Mesprit @ Leftovers
• Modest / Timid Nature
~ Psychic
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ Calm Mind

CMSprit is, imo, an interesting and fun idea. I find that Calm Mind is often forgotten with the "Three Pixies", so yea. Psychic for powerful and reliable STAB, BoltBeam coverage, and Calm Mind, the core of this set. Pretty simple.

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
• Rash Nature
~ Psychic
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ U-Turn

A more competitive take on Mesprit is still viable IG, imo. This makes an excellent revenge killer. The first three moves follow the same reasoning as the previous set's did, but U-Turn is for literal Hit-And-Run. The Rash Nature leaves Mesprit's Atk somewhat usable.

Hope it helps.

Minun-Kun

Kaen Rakurai♪
Can u guys plz give me a gd st for an absol and a tropius thanx xxxxx

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Can you please speak English? And also, thank people after they give you advice rather than completely ignoring it and moving onto something else...

Anyway,

Absol @ Life Orb
• Jolly Nature
~ Sucker Punch
~ Swords Dance
~ Psycho Cut
~ Superpower / Rock Slide / Stone Edge / Whatever.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I prefer a Critical Absol.

Absol @ Scope Lens
Jolly Nature, Super Luck ability
~Night Slash
~Psycho Cut
~Stone Edge
~Swords Dance/Rock Smash/Superpower

Minun-Kun

Kaen Rakurai♪
Ooh, sorry, I will speak english from now on. Cool sets, but i prefer shines to be honest. Any sets for tropius? Your ideas are really useful thanks =]

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Thank you. This is the internet, but it's not Msn, so we do appreciate proper grammar and all that. Go ahead if you want to use ST's set, it's just as good, if not better than mine. I just prefer Sucker Punch's priority > Critical Rate, but either is fine.

In all honesty, Tropius is hard to use outside of Sun. However, this is worth a try I suppose;

357.png

Tropius @ Leftovers / Life Orb
• Adamant Nature
~ Earthquake
~ Leaf Blade
~ Return / Outrage
~ Dragon Dance

Earthquake + Leaf Blade is somewhat redundant, but meh. Hope it helps.

Minun-Kun

Kaen Rakurai♪
Thank you so much!!!!! I will probably change it slightly, but oh well....
THANK YOU! Thank you for the lessons on etiquette or whatever (I'm not being sarcastic) i didn't realize how rude i was =]

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ It wasn't rude, it's just annoying to read really. Change the set how you want. You could switch to a Jolly Nature and have Swords Dance > Dragon Dance too, if you want an easier time breeding.

Minun-Kun

Kaen Rakurai♪
^Oh sorry =[
Could I have a set for an umbreon that doesn't include wish, pretty please *batters eyelids* thank you x

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Since this is no longer part of your team, you can ask here, where you will probably get more response. However, you could run Curse or Moonlight > Wish.

Minun-Kun

Kaen Rakurai♪
Thank you =]
I think I will choose.... moonlight.
Depends.
Thank you for all your help.

Do you think this team is ok?

Infernape
Grass Knot
Close Combat
Flare Blitz
Stone Edge

Milotic
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Aqua Ring

Gallade
Thunder Punch
Brick Break
Psycho Cut
Night Slash

Tropius
Earthquake
Fly
Leaf Storm
Sunny Day

Banette (holding flame orb)
Shadow Sneak
Trick
Faint Attack
Thunder Wave

Luxray
Discharge
Substitute
Thunder Fang
Superpower

Is this team good? Please add suggestions thank you x =]

Saif

•̸<3Ƨ̷α̗ίϊιƑ<3•̸
Thank you =]
I think I will choose.... moonlight.
Depends.
Thank you for all your help.

Do you think this team is ok?

Infernape
Grass Knot
Close Combat
Flare Blitz
Stone Edge

Milotic
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Aqua Ring

Gallade
Thunder Punch
Brick Break
Psycho Cut
Night Slash

Tropius
Earthquake
Fly
Leaf Storm
Sunny Day

Banette (holding flame orb)
Shadow Sneak
Trick
Faint Attack
Thunder Wave

Luxray
Discharge
Substitute
Thunder Fang
Superpower

Is this team good? Please add suggestions thank you x =]

Im not really good at this , this is my first time but anyway here we go...

As for Infernape he's pretty much okay and ready to cover up for his weaknesses but i would prefer swords dance>stone edge because you have ice beam milotic , luxray , and thunderpunch gallade so you're pretty much covered against flying types and since all your other moves are physical swords dance can take that to an advantage for sweeping , that's just me since im an offense/speed type of a person.

Milotic is fine although i would prefer Recover>Aqua Ring.

Gallade is pretty cool but nightslash does the same thing as psycho cut and it has the same effect too[High chance of crit.]But psycho cut gets STAB so i would remove nightslash for Rockslide/Stone edge to cover its flying weakness[although this mixes up with what i said on infernape , but i just dont know a better fitting move.]I would also remove Brickbreak and replace it with Closecombat just for extra damage unless you dont like the side effect of it.

Too be honest...tropius's stats suck so putting him on your team isnt that good , if it was me i would go for Shine's Absol suggestion or maybe a special sweeper since you already have a physical sweeper[infernape]

If it was special sweeper i would go for togekiss/gengar/alakazam , since you already have both a ghost and a psychic type then go for togekiss.

;468;@Leftovers[Make sure his ability is serene grace]
Air slash[60% flinch w/serene]
Thunderwave[paralyzing+flinching , you're almost untouched]
Roost[A heal just incase but since you're practically untouchable you can go for something else , i would still opt for roost tho]
Aura sphere[To cover your ice weakness]

As for Bannete...i dont know anything about him il leave that for someone else to take care of.

Luxray is okay with....thunderfang/superpower but his sp.atk fails to use discharge , change it with something like ice fang to cover up its ground weakness[its an egg move btw]...As for substitute...i dont know really

Yeah so....as you can see i fail at rating , good luck anyways.

Last edited:

Minun-Kun

Kaen Rakurai♪
Ok Thanks. Stone Edge is also for other fires, not just flying. Might swap banette for a froslass with SHADOW BALL, ICE BEAM, THUNDER WAVE & DESTINY BOND. not sure about the togekiss....

Btw you're not that bad a rating, i mean i can see your points. Sorry but I'm gonna keep my gallade's set as it does A LOT of damage, and gets many types. Will probally change tropius.....

Thank you for rating and I will keep you updated =]

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Sorry but I'm gonna keep my gallade's set as it does A LOT of damage
It would do a lot more damage if you were to use Close Combat though, as suggested. Additionally, you may want to consider Swords Dance for even more output if that's what you're looking for.