• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platinum Team

redpanda15

Ready to go
Never been to this part of Serebii before... Anywho, I decided to play Platinum again, and being myself I had to plan EVERYTHING out before starting, but I'm not focusing on items or natures. Just beat Fantina a.k.a. one of the easiest leaders ever. Here's the team(when it is finished):

Floatzel
Aqua Jet
Crunch
Surf
Waterfall

I don't really have HM Slaves... but I might put Ice Fan over Surf and just get a bidoof. Floatzel is the Revenge Killer.

Torterra
Earthquake
Wood Hammer
Cut/Synthesis/Leech Seed
Rock Smash

Again with Bidoof. Rock Smash hits what Earthquake doesn't, and Cut is just neutral coverage. Kind of physical wall.

Luxray
Thunder Fang
Charge/Thunder
Crunch
Iron Tail/Fire Fang/Ice Fang

Charge is always useful, and Iron Tail is for coverage(very little but) as is Fore Fang and Ice Fang. Physical Attacker

Noctowl
Extrasensory/Psychic
Air Slash
Fly
Hypnosis/Reflect/Roost

Special Wall. And Staraptor is too mainstream.

Houndoom
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
Crunch
Thunder Fang

Mixed Sweeper

Azelf
Psychic/Extransensory
Signal Beam
Flamethrower
Energy Ball/ThunderBolt/Shadow Ball

Special Sweeper. I know Azelf is "legendary" but it is my favorite psychic type and I only consider it a "half legendary".

So, what do you think?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Never been to this part of Serebii before... Anywho, I decided to play Platinum again, and being myself I had to plan EVERYTHING out before starting, but I'm not focusing on items or natures. Just beat Fantina a.k.a. one of the easiest leaders ever. Here's the team(when it is finished):

Floatzel
Aqua Jet
Crunch
Ice Fang
Waterfall
Ice Fang is insanely better than Surf, considering Floatzel excels in Attack anyway. Waterfall is Fine.

I don't really have HM Slaves... but I might put Ice Fan over Surf and just get a bidoof. Floatzel is the Revenge Killer.

Torterra
Earthquake
Giga Drain/Leaf Storm
Leech Seed
Rock Slide/Stone Edge

Giga Drain or Leaf Storm, depending on what you want. Use it over Wood Hammer, as recoil isn't all too handy in this game, considering the weaknesses Torty has. I personally prefer Leech Seed over Synthesis,mbut if you want use it. NEVER USE CUT. It is horrible. Get a Bibarel. Seriously. Same goes with Rock Smash.

Again with Bidoof. Rock Smash hits what Earthquake doesn't, and Cut is just neutral coverage. Kind of physical wall.

Luxray
Thunder Fang
Superpower/Fury Cutter
Crunch
Iron Tail
Luxray can't learn Ice Fang unless you Breed, which I don't think you would want to do. Superpower or Fury Cutter for aditional coverage, make sure you keep physical with Luxray, as that's what he excels in.

Charge is always useful, and Iron Tail is for coverage(very little but) as is Fore Fang and Ice Fang. Physical Attacker

Noctowl
Extrasensory
Air Slash
Heat Wave/Ominous Wind
Hypnosis/Ominous Wind/Heat Wave
I prefer Extrasensory, but use Psychic if you want. I like Ominous Wind and Heat Wave for coverage, as Roost is not too usefull as it loses a Ground immunity, and gains a Fighting weakness for a turn.

Special Wall. And Staraptor is too mainstream.

Houndoom
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
Iron Tail
Thunder Fang
Iron Tail is a bit redundant, but you don't need two Dark Type moves.

Mixed Sweeper

Azelf
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Energy Ball

Special Sweeper. I know Azelf is "legendary" but it is my favorite psychic type and I only consider it a "half legendary".

So, what do you think?

Okay... Like I said, you have problems with double moves, and unneccesary moves.

And, I recommend you switch one of these Pokémon ;0(or rotae until you get Azelf) with Froslass, as Azelf is not available until late in the game, and your team lacks Ice/Ghost type Moves.

Froslass
Wake Up Slap
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Psychic/Water Pulse

Oh, and any Changes I made to the team are Bolded.

torkoal55

good but why give torterra wood hammer when you could give it leaf storm it drops your special but you have lots of physical moves and why use an unnescesary recoil move?

And instead of floatzal you should switch to Sharpedo same moves but better stats

For Luxray use charge and iron tail or dont use charge and get T-Bolt its up to you

Use phycic for Azelf AND Noctowl get roost for Noctowl and get shadow ball for Avelf

Over all great team hope it helps and if it does can you rate my pokemon platinum team? THanks :p