• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Platonic: A Family and Friendship One-Shot Contest

My progress with anything is always incredibly slow, but I've finally settled on an idea and am working through it right now! This contest seemed tailored made for me since I love writing about friendship, but lately I've been experiencing a serious motivation block. Hopefully I can get it done before the deadline, though! Seems like I'm getting out of my funk.

AmericanPi

Write on
[Imaginative]:[Clockwork];18448953 said:
My progress with anything is always incredibly slow, but I've finally settled on an idea and am working through it right now! This contest seemed tailored made for me since I love writing about friendship, but lately I've been experiencing a serious motivation block. Hopefully I can get it done before the deadline, though! Seems like I'm getting out of my funk.
Here's hoping that you can get something done by September 1st. You can do it!

Speaking of September 1st, the deadline of this contest is less than a week away, and we still haven't received any entries. How's everyone doing? Would an extension be appreciated by some folks?

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
I would personally love an extension and be very grateful for it! I'm about 3000 words from the end, but I've just got a bit of an artist's block and am really struggling to progress. I'm close, but probably another week's worth and I could manage.

Last edited:

AmericanPi

Write on
I would personally love an extension and be very grateful for it! I'm about 3000 words from the end, but I've just got a bit of an artist's block and am really struggling to progress. I'm close, but probably another week's worth and I could manage.
Fair enough! Starting from now, the contest's deadline is 23:59 UTC on September 15th, 2017, which is in two weeks' time. I'll update the first post to reflect this. Make the extension count, people! :)

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Out of curiosity, who all is working on something for the contest? I know a few people in particular have mentioned they've got in-progress entries, but I wanna know how many to expect. :D

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
I finished drafting a submission. If there's a kind soul out there who'd be willing to give it a read, I'd really appreciate it! <3

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Out of curiosity, who all is working on something for the contest? I know a few people in particular have mentioned they've got in-progress entries, but I wanna know how many to expect. :D

I'm throwing my hat into the ring for real. Hopefully I should be able to complete it before the extended deadline but life might get in the way so watch this space I guess.

AmericanPi

Write on
Hello everyone! It has just occurred to me that interest in this contest has increased in the SPPf Fan Fiction community, which is great! In order to push everyone to get their entries in and create a viable contest, the deadline for this contest has been extended one final time to September 30th, 2017. Make the extension count people, and get those one-shots about platonic relationships in! As a reminder, entries are to be PM'ed to me, AmericanPi, or emailed to american.pi.3.14159@gmail.com by the deadline.

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
I may also join. I just need to think of an awesome idea that could push 10k words XD

I've been quiet on my end too. I ended up scrapping my old idea and going for a new one. I wrote a small paragraph tonight, I'm gonna do as much as I can tomorrow since I have some creative free time, then I'll see where I go from there. I think mine's gonna be something pretty original, as far as fics go.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Ok, I just got done with my end of the editing phase. I'll send it out to my normal beta readers shortly. However, now that I have you all here, are there any willing beta readers who WON'T be participating in this year's competition, who could go over my entry and see if it's any good? The wordcount, btw, is 2253 words. You'll have my gratitude! And thanks!

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
I could still really use a beta for mine if someone's not participating. Anyone? Please?