• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Pokémon X & Y features a new way to battle and trade online.

To learn more about the Player Search System, go here.
To learn more about the new Pokémon Global Link, go here.

If you wish to exchange 3DS Friend Codes, please use our Official Friend Safari Exchange Thread.

Guys, if you are looking for a certain Pokemon and wish to trade, please use the Official Gen 6 Trade Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

JW1004

I hope it is better than the one of the BWB2B2 ganes, I liked the original idea, but I always forgot to do it, so I have done it randomly arund 7 to 10 times maybe. The minigames in the dreamworld were cute, but I hope they have developed a better system for it all together.

I also hope you will be granted to take just one Pokémon per day but without the whole Berry offer I get the story that the dreamworld uses along with it, but I would like that getting changed in maybe an end game or whatever.

Last edited:

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
My guess is that there will be tons of new online features and maybe a expanded version of the Dream World..am i correct in saying that the Global Link for X and Y starts in October 2013?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I hope it is better than the one of the BWB2B2 ganes, I liked the original idea, but I always forgot to do it, so I have doen ti randomly arund 7 to 10 times maybe. The minigames in the dreamworld were cute, but I hope they have devloped a better system for it all together.

I also hope you will be granted to take just one Pokémon per day but without the whole Berry offerm I get the story that the dreamworld uses along with it, but I would like that getting changed in maybe an end game or whatever.

I agree completely. I think it was a good idea altogether but it could be improved.

Stardastarly

Sylveon~ :D
I'm rather expecting to just see the same, or similar features as we have right now for Black 2 and White 2, but I hope for the inclusion of the Dream World at the very least. Everything upgraded, working better, etc. of course, too. For the Dream World, I want to see new areas, and a wider range of Pokémon even if you have none or very few Dream Points. And make it easier to get DW Eevee. Like if there was a starting area and one of the Pokémon there from the very start being Eevee, just have them be rather rare so they aren't super-common. Or put them in some place you unlock at a lower number of Dream Points, like 2,500 or something. A new canyon area would be cool too, or a jungle or rainforest.

Other than that, I want to see a more useful GTS part so we can see more of a Pokémon's summary. The stats and stuff for Pokémon on there are cool, but the actual part that shows all the Pokémon of a certain species in the GTS in just useless, or at least it is to me.

Rhonder

I'm most interested to see how they're going to handle the dream world in the new global link, or rather if it'll still be there. Since every single pokemon up through gen 5 was given a dream world ability (including those not released yet) if there's no more dream world I wonder what they'll do with it. Or maybe they'll re-integrate the Dream World into X and Y somehow. Or maybe they'll just become "3rd" regular abilities and some x and y pokemon will have 3 diff abilities or something.

As for something I'd like to see with the new dream world, would be... something more relevant to the game itself. The entirety of the Dream World was composed of sub par mini games which made it not very fun for me and the only reason I used it was to get certain pokemon with good abilities. And I was never compelled to care about my rating in random match up because I'm also not a fan of 3v3 battles like that. If they made several different types of battle available for ranking (varying type (single, double, rotation, etc), # of pokemon (3v3, 4v4, 6v6, etc) having 4 player online battles, etc) then I'd be more inclined to play online instead of with my friends and people from a club I attend at my Uni.

It would also be good if using the new Global link was somehow beneficial for in game usage as well. Maybe by playing people on the GL you earn points to spend on further character customizations or something. That would be good incentive. Or it could be like battle points where you earn good vitamins and items for your Pokemon too. Lots of good stuff could happen with that.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Well, I hope any confirmation regarding the existence of Dream World for X and Y will happen soon(though it will most likely will, since Corocoro issues starting from July 2010 mentioned Global Link/Dream World), even though it is pretty much a given.

Oh yeah I want more limited selection of Pokémon with obsolete TMs/Move Tutors that I can obtain only once a time as oppossed to several times to a larger selection of Pokémon and more Levitate Pokémon with moves they should be able to learn but are not given those moves for sake of making the ability to obtain them unique(though I have to admit, Dark Pulse Carnivine would be pretty swell). And of course more one-off male only starter Pokémon with Hidden Abilities and random Pokémon with somewhat interesting in-game but not useful competitively event moves...

Maybe they will actually make the moves you can obtain interesting, like Zap Cannon Golett or something. And maybe we will now have access to Apicorn balls or something(we need to make more older interesting features available and make the notion of remakes obsolete after all).

And we still don't have a lot of the Hidden Ability Pokémon available(and some Pokémon available at all, like Unown), the remaining Dream Radar codes etc.

Last edited:

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
Honestly, the Global Link and Dream World just couldn't get me invested. I always forgot that I had the potential chore of running around Dream World if I wanted to get certain items or pokemon. I just never did anything with it.

I can only hope that the new Global Link will take advantage of the 3DS browser in some way so we can play on global link without having to move to the computer. It'd feel less clunky if we could just use it on the 3DS.

Rakurai

I'd like them to forbid impossible trades and redo the netcode so people can't exploit it with things like Pokegen.

That and make the Dream World more innovative.

Alli

This time around I am going to get online as soon as possible, i haven't been able to connect online untill recently, so I've missed out on way too much! I hope that the dream world reappears with more games, more Pokémon and better graphics.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
Other than that, I want to see a more useful GTS part so we can see more of a Pokémon's summary. The stats and stuff for Pokémon on there are cool, but the actual part that shows all the Pokémon of a certain species in the GTS in just useless, or at least it is to me.

Yes! Besides seeing how they'll now incorporate Dream World abilities, I want to see how they improve the trading experience. And on top of a more detailed summary, I'd like to see a feature that blocks illegitimate pokemon requests. There's only so many times I see level 9 and under Zekrom requests before I want to pull my hair out.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I don't expect to see this, but I would like to see a mini Pokémon Game as Dream World, where you can travel like Pokémon XY.

Like, you go through Dream Route 1 and get to is city, and you go to Route 2 and you can choose when you encounter a Pokémon to either play a minigame or battle against it.

I don't see it happening but eh.

... I'm wondering what will happen to Dream World abilities if it won't be Dream World, or how you would get Pokémon if it was gone for BW/B2W2.

Even though I used it sparingly, I'm really surprised by it and I think it's a bit of a stupid move to get rid of it instead of make the XY one with the BW one still existing.
Sure they deleted Gen IV online features when BW came out but still.

Ausgirl

I hope they get rid of the rule which prevents you from accessing the DW if you have changed the date or DS system. Also I would like to see a wider selection of games, more house/item options for the English games and it would be nice to have a table which shows your highest scores.

KKS-Lapras

I hope they do away with the DW and bring this aspect of the game back to reality. Use this extended feature to explore past regions and catch older generation Pokemon that way.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
I hope they do away with the DW and bring this aspect of the game back to reality. Use this extended feature to explore past regions and catch older generation Pokemon that way.

That could work out very well..i would love to explore older gens in X and Y

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
It's like some of you people think doing mini games to get a Pokémon is sooo hard and impossible when it isn't even that hard to do.

I'm find with the Dream World but I hope we can have more opportunities to transfer more than one Pokémon at a time, I hate having to choose which one to take.

Inb4 Berry elimination of the DW. again it isn't that difficult to get.

Honestly, the Global Link and Dream World just couldn't get me invested. I always forgot that I had the potential chore of running around Dream World if I wanted to get certain items or pokemon. I just never did anything with it.

I can only hope that the new Global Link will take advantage of the 3DS browser in some way so we can play on global link without having to move to the computer. It'd feel less clunky if we could just use it on the 3DS.

Why when the 3DS Browser sucks?

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Im fine with DW also but I hope they make it more appealing and simpler to use, I got tired of it in BW, BW2 I didnt even touch it.

Seil

I really dislike the Dream World. It would need a massive overhaul to make it feel more like a fun addition instead of an annoying chore. The only thing that I liked about it really was hidden abilities and it made getting those feel like part of the chore. There's a problem with making it more robust, too, though. There are already features delegated entirely to it that will die when it's disabled, like berry growing, and things that will no longer be possible like completing the medal collection. If you give the Dream World even more presence, you lose even more features when it gets disabled.

The general Global Link stuff is fine, but Dream World, in the state we've seen so far, seems like a broken concept to me. Global Link can be a cool utility alongside the game, but I don't think it should be integrated so deeply that features of the game die off when it moves on to a new generation.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I would prefer not having a Dream World of sorts. It's an okay feature, but I'm not too fond of this gimmick.
Hidden Abilities can just be implemented through other means in the game.

If anything, just give us lots of minigames wherein we earn coins/medals/tickets/etc. Then we can exchange it for items, or Pokemon.
The more gym badges you collect in game, the more games and prizes that become available to you online.

That's all it needs to be. Simple and fun. Not something that gets very boring in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.