• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Like I said on another thread, DW will be available for X/Y for only two months......

They shut down access from B/W/B2/W2 starting from October 12, which means the tucking-in shut down on December 10 is for X/Y.

I think we'll going to have a new feature that will replace DW, but can be accessed from X/Y using the same feature as the one used to access DW.

Seil

Like I said on another thread, DW will be available for X/Y for only two months......

They shut down access from B/W/B2/W2 starting from October 12, which means the tucking-in shut down on December 10 is for X/Y.

On October 12th the trial version of the Dream World goes offline. There's a demo version of Dream World that can be played. 99% certain it's talking about that especially since that date also closes off new registration. The December deactivation is almost definitely for the proper Gen V Dream World.

nuzamaki90

I hope there's a rock theme this time around, because after hearing the first few tracks from X&Y, I'd love to hear their new theme for the GL, if they keep the old one, I'm gonna be pissed.

Hopefully there's a new kind of Dreamworld because I'm gonna miss the minigames and playing with my Pokemon in their own world a lot, it was just such a nice feature and it's gonna suck if it's gone forever.

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
I'd like something a little bit more.... open. The DreamWorld just felt constricted in BWB2W2; it left no room for exploration, and I still don't understand the "10 steps to the tree" thing.

What I have in mind is something similar to those MMORPG things.... in what it looks like (sorry, I'm brain-dead right now, so I can't think of a proper term). A top-down sort of thing maybe, where you click and your Pokemon goes to that place.

Also the berry thing was odd. Why did you have to give up a berry to get a Pokemon? Where did the berry go to (in the game, not as data)?

Regality

Digital King
I am hoping, to save the hassle of going to a computer, the dream world (or whatever replaces it) is made into an app.

Also, a filter to get rid of impossible trades on the gts.

XANAVirus

Code Lyoko rocks! :)
I think they should not have made a Dream World. The hidden abilities could have been gotten another way, though I don't know what that could have been.

I never used the Dream World, because it felt like it was not really a part of the game. They dedicated an entire part of the C-Gear to that one feature, when they could have made many more features accessible through the "Online" separator, and you had to go to this website and do things there (Game Sync is related to the Dream World, right?).

Part of the problem is not everyone enjoys online minigames (like me). A *lot* of sites nowadays (and even some time ago, too) made minigames their chief feature of the website (e.g. Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Facebook, Yahoo, etc.). It feels like Nintendo is just trying to grab a piece of that pie along with all the other minigame-playing sites.

Pokemon X/Y seem to have the right idea. Make more features part of the game, e.g. Pokemon Amie, the rumored seeking feature that I keep hearing about, etc. I have no problem with the GTS website, because there are no real minigames and you don't have to go there if you don't want to - you can chiefly use the GTS from the game directly.

I think they could have done much more than another game-linked website. Especially since I just found out there are exclusives that only come from the Dream World - Pokemon, for example.
In essence, They only have so much ROM space to work with and now that part will just be dead code.

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
Oh yes, certainly this as well. I hate looking for a specific Pokemon and having offers asking for "Level 9 and under (insert legendary here)". It's impossible except for a select few (Mew, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina - more maybe?). It's also very stupid when they ask for an unreasonable offer (Give me your Darkrai for my Ludicolo? LOLNO).

Maybe there could be a trade-check feature where submitted trade offers must be scanned for fakes, unreasonable offers, etc.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I am hoping, to save the hassle of going to a computer, the dream world (or whatever replaces it) is made into an app.

Dream Radar kinda fits that criteria, where you can get DW Pokémon from there.

But yeah make DW maybe into an island in Kalos where if you get all the Pokémon in the Regional Dex, you can get access to there and a random batch of DW Pokémon appear everyday (excluding legends and starters of course).

As for the level 9 and under thing, please rid that but I understand that some do that to clone their Pokémon (or at least from what I heard from my friends).

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! Those are the worst part of GTS for me. I wanted to get some really cool Pokemon but i can't because of Impossible Trades :(

sunny phoenix

I liked the fact that u had access in pokemon that werent in the dex, even since the 1st badge...
the mini games were fine i guess but after a while u get tired of them...
i hope this time u dont need 10.000 dream points to have access on a pokemon... it made loging into DW a daily chore... at least to me

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So if memory link is one of the features that's going to shut down, what happens to our games if we already accessed it?

Tf916

Parappa the Rapper
So if memory link is one of the features that's going to shut down, what happens to our games if we already accessed it?

Probably nothing but i would think you won't have access to those memories anymore.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law

Yes, me too. I don't like "Wanted: Lvl 7 or under Zekrom"
It always ticks me off.

_Sylveon_

Indigo Champion
So, this confirms that Gen 6 Pokemon will have Dream World Abilities...? And, wait if so, then when earlier Gen Pokemon are put into it, will they keep there's or get some of the new abilities?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
So, this confirms that Gen 6 Pokemon will have Dream World Abilities...? And, wait if so, then when earlier Gen Pokemon are put into it, will they keep there's or get some of the new abilities?

Probably keep theirs for the most part, 3 abilities on most Pokémon is good enough sans Pokémon like Slaking who only needs one to keep at a balance or something in the case of Basculin.

KKS-Lapras

I still wish they would do away with the Dream World concept. Instead, use this extra feature space to allow access to previous generation regions, and allow capture of Pokemon from those regions there.

JW1004

Oh yes, certainly this as well. I hate looking for a specific Pokemon and having offers asking for "Level 9 and under (insert legendary here)". It's impossible except for a select few (Mew, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina - more maybe?). It's also very stupid when they ask for an unreasonable offer (Give me your Darkrai for my Ludicolo? LOLNO).

Maybe there could be a trade-check feature where submitted trade offers must be scanned for fakes, unreasonable offers, etc.

I don't mind unreasonable offers tbh, I mean the game is still targeted at young kids, and yeah those kids die to have something like a Darkrai for sure. They may also know that a Caterpie for a Darkrai isn't that reasonable, but yeah I can't say it bothers me that much. That would still get a lot of questions if that would happen, since what is unreasonable? It will really depend on loads of factors and will be different from person to person. Would something like a Mew only be tradeable for an other event Pokémon or a shiny? Can you only offer a Bidoof for other regional rodents? It will be a very hard system to make and also would limit certain choices for certain people. Especially if you are not fortunate enough to be able to stop at shops or places where certain event Pokémon are given away.

I really agree with impossible offers, since I hate to look at several shinies just to get offered for a level 9 Reshiram.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Like some others in this thread, I would also like to make the Dream World more in-game and less out-of-game. I like the idea of something like the Pokethon from HG/SS, but with more mini-games and Dream World-esque prizes. Also, I found the Dream World to function very slowly, which was annoying when exploring via minigame and trying to find one single pokemon.

Maybe if they just revamp the whole Dream Word and make it less clunky and more straight-to-the-point, I would be more willing to access it. However, for me personally, when I want to play Pokemon, I want to play Pokemon - not Pokemon Mini-Version 2.0 on the computer. That said, I understand most people probably think differently, so that's fine.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Like some others in this thread, I would also like to make the Dream World more in-game and less out-of-game. I like the idea of something like the Pokethon from HG/SS, but with more mini-games and Dream World-esque prizes. Also, I found the Dream World to function very slowly, which was annoying when exploring via minigame and trying to find one single pokemon.

Maybe if they just revamp the whole Dream Word and make it less clunky and more straight-to-the-point, I would be more willing to access it. However, for me personally, when I want to play Pokemon, I want to play Pokemon - not Pokemon Mini-Version 2.0 on the computer. That said, I understand most people probably think differently, so that's fine.
They did something similar in BW2 with the Hidden Hollows, where the pokemon in them had Dream World abilities.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
They did something similar in BW2 with the Hidden Hollows, where the pokemon in them had Dream World abilities.

Oh yea, almost forgot about those. I liked those. I'd be OK with something that allowed a fairly large amount of Pokemon with DW abilities to be obtained both in-game or online. That way, someone like myself could capture them in-game, and someone who wants to play the mini-games can capture them online. And BW2 did have a good amount of DW pokemon, so I'm not complaining, it just seems like some desired 'mons were still left unobtainable (like DW Lucario - was that even released in the DW anyway?)

Status
Not open for further replies.