• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Oh yea, almost forgot about those. I liked those. I'd be OK with something that allowed a fairly large amount of Pokemon with DW abilities to be obtained both in-game or online. That way, someone like myself could capture them in-game, and someone who wants to play the mini-games can capture them online. And BW2 did have a good amount of DW pokemon, so I'm not complaining, it just seems like some desired 'mons were still left unobtainable (like DW Lucario - was that even released in the DW anyway?)

Yes it was, but in the Dream Radar.

As for Hidden Hollows, while it was awesome to get a lot of DW Pokémon, Mulch and other items were quite abundant in there, decreasing the chance of finding one. I wish we could have the ability to soft reset for the gender and have the appearances of the Pokémon increase just a bit.

Aurath8

Yes it was, but in the Dream Radar.

As for Hidden Hollows, while it was awesome to get a lot of DW Pokémon, Mulch and other items were quite abundant in there, decreasing the chance of finding one. I wish we could have the ability to soft reset for the gender and have the appearances of the Pokémon increase just a bit.

A 20% chance of finding pokemon to be exact. Considering they spawn, on average, every 5120 steps or so I think there should be a higher chance, especially since some are so hard to find or get to in the first place.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
My guess is that they'll bring back the Dream World for 6th gen, maybe with more areas. I'd like for the DW to be more worth playing than it is, aside from getting the DW Pokemon (which you'll have an easier time through Serebii's Trade Forum than any in game method) or planting berries (which should've been in the main game in the first place) there's no reason to keep coming back.

rupertandi

I think the new Dreamworld will allow a player to visit other regions that are not available in X&Y. For example you can visit the Johto region and attempt to catch the pokemon in that region. I think it would be great if they made Dreamworld part of X&Y instead of accessing it from a computer.

jonnyc

What irked me in the B/W/B2/W2 DW was the means of exploration. In reality, for one person to unlock all the Dream Islands, you'd have to log on almost daily for months. I can only access 3-4 islands as of now, with the same handful of unattractive Pokemon, because I don't bother gathering 10,000 "dream points". You get a meager number of points for logging on, and another small amount for visiting the Dream Islands. It doesn't add up realistically in my opinion. There was also a maximum amount of Dream Island attempts one could manage before being banned from encountering any more Pokemon or items, which annoyed me because I don't remember any rule explicitly saying that we had a max. It was a little problem but I can deal with it if they keep it this Gen. Lastly I disliked that we can only bring back one single Pokemon, which didn't make much sense for me.

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
Basically, as long as it's playable on the 3DS's browser, I think it'll be a lot less of a pain.

Honestly, the pokewalker was so much more interesting and fun than dream world.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
What irked me in the B/W/B2/W2 DW was the means of exploration. In reality, for one person to unlock all the Dream Islands, you'd have to log on almost daily for months. I can only access 3-4 islands as of now, with the same handful of unattractive Pokemon, because I don't bother gathering 10,000 "dream points". You get a meager number of points for logging on, and another small amount for visiting the Dream Islands. It doesn't add up realistically in my opinion.

Not really, if you do as many minigames as possible and take advantage of every Dream Point you can earn, you can get about 600 per day or something and earn 10,000 within a matter of weeks.

There was also a maximum amount of Dream Island attempts one could manage before being banned from encountering any more Pokemon or items, which annoyed me because I don't remember any rule explicitly saying that we had a max. It was a little problem but I can deal with it if they keep it this Gen. Lastly I disliked that we can only bring back one single Pokemon, which didn't make much sense for me.

Now this is a more serious issue. The DW is too stingy to be worth playing, especially after you've gotten whatever you really wanted out of it. What they need is something that you'd want to keep coming back for, like the furniture but better.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Not really, if you do as many minigames as possible and take advantage of every Dream Point you can earn, you can get about 600 per day or something and earn 10,000 within a matter of weeks.

The point being from the previous poster you were replying to, I think, that the amount of time it takes to get that many Dream Points is excessive. It's fine to have something require effort, but it probably doesn't appeal to the general audience to have something like Dream Islands require that many points and then, additionally, require x amount of hours AT MINIMUM to achieve said points.

Frankly I think it would be better to simply have the Dream World have a bunch of places you can go from the start, with set pokemon at each point as opposed to random. But, I'm not sure if that would be too easy.

R_N

I don't think they'll bring back the dream world
I suspect now the Global Link will be solely used for stat tracking (GTS, ranked battles, etc), tournaments, and maybe changing out skins for the pokedex and such

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I don't think they'll bring back the dream world
I suspect now the Global Link will be solely used for stat tracking (GTS, ranked battles, etc), tournaments, and maybe changing out skins for the pokedex and such

Excellent, excellent.

Though, that means we'll need some other annoying way to get Hidden Ability 'mons in Gen VI.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
On October 12th the trial version of the Dream World goes offline. There's a demo version of Dream World that can be played. 99% certain it's talking about that especially since that date also closes off new registration. The December deactivation is almost definitely for the proper Gen V Dream World.

I was going by this part on the main site's news

However, from October 12th 2013, various Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 features will go offline.

but yeah, I guess that doesn't include the ability to tuck in a Pokemon from B/W/B2/W2, and we still can tuck in Pokemon until December 10.

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
So is kinda official were loosing the Dream World in XY? That sucks...

I hope we get something familiar...like something that help us find pokemon we can't obtainable in kalos!

lavanda

Really feeling it
Or just have them show up normally
PLEASE. 45% first ability, 45% second, 10% hidden. It would be a bother to keep Hidden Abilities in the podium they were put in BW for the rest of the franchise.

Last edited:

EonDragonFTW

How about we just have an in-game safari zone in which DW pokes can be found? After all, isn't the safari zone supposed to be "home to rare and exotic Pokemon"?
Two birds with one stone

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
How about we just have an in-game safari zone in which DW pokes can be found? After all, isn't the safari zone supposed to be "home to rare and exotic Pokemon"?
Two birds with one stone

Safari Zone with DW Pokemon is better than Hidden Grottoes. They just need to balance the rarity of Pokemon that can be found. (Please no!:50% chance of Bidoofs,Rattatas,Sentret,Patrat,Zigzagoon and 20% for its Evo's, 20% for other Pokemon and remaining 10% for its Evo's)

EonDragonFTW

Safari Zone with DW Pokemon is better than Hidden Grottoes. They just need to balance the rarity of Pokemon that can be found. (Please no!:50% chance of Bidoofs,Rattatas,Sentret,Patrat,Zigzagoon and 20% for its Evo's, 20% for other Pokemon and remaining 10% for its Evo's)

in what universe is that balanced? I'd rather have everything in game, as I never really liked the Global Link. Maybe they could still keep the Battle Union and the tournaments, but I never want anything as restricted and tedious as the Dream World ever again

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
a Safari Zone system is a nice idea, and the best part is, if they keep the same policy (no shinies with hidden ability apart from via breeding) then we don't have to worry about finding a shiny with hidden ability only to have it flee from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.