• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EonDragonFTW

a Safari Zone system is a nice idea, and the best part is, if they keep the same policy (no shinies with hidden ability apart from via breeding) then we don't have to worry about finding a shiny with hidden ability only to have it flee from us.

Watch Trollfreak do exactly that

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
a Safari Zone system is a nice idea, and the best part is, if they keep the same policy (no shinies with hidden ability apart from via breeding) then we don't have to worry about finding a shiny with hidden ability only to have it flee from us.

Yeah this is the reason I fear Sarari Zones. It's already bad enough when a shiny Pokemon flees from us with a lame ability but seeing a - for example - Multiscale Dragonite disappearing would be so much worse.

absolfusion

Soon.......
The question is... If they do allow pokemon with hidden abilities in the game, how can we tell them apart from the crowd? I know that some pokemon have abilities that activate on appearing like sand stream or mold breaker, but some don't

Silent Skies

in what universe is that balanced? I'd rather have everything in game, as I never really liked the Global Link. Maybe they could still keep the Battle Union and the tournaments, but I never want anything as restricted and tedious as the Dream World ever again

The Dream World and the minigames were somewhat enjoyable, but I agree that it required a bit too much time for the rewards that you got.

Those post-Pokémon League swarms could have Pokémon that could have their first ability 40% or the time, their second ability 40% of the time, and their hidden ability 20% of the time or something. Not a lot of people pay attention to swarming Pokémon at all, so this would motivate many more people to pay attention to them.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Or just have them show up normally

Doubtful, Game Freak wants to keep them rare, so they probably will only be obtainable through some special mechanic like the Hidden Grottoes.

How about we just have an in-game safari zone in which DW pokes can be found? After all, isn't the safari zone supposed to be "home to rare and exotic Pokemon"?
Two birds with one stone

This would be a great idea, and it would give them a good reason to keep the encounter rates reasonable. I'm sick of nearly every DW Pokemon being ridiculously hard to find, it's too much effort.

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
The question is... If they do allow pokemon with hidden abilities in the game, how can we tell them apart from the crowd? I know that some pokemon have abilities that activate on appearing like sand stream or mold breaker, but some don't

There's always Trace - use that to figure out the ability, I suppose.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Personally I'm kinda concerned about this. Would we still be able to use the Dream World for BW/BW2 as well as the GTS within the game? Even I myself haven't use either much though. Also with Memory Link, will we still be able to encounter the events that go along with it?

Last edited:

Jeikobu

主の子
So then there really is no point in continuing to accumulate stuff in the Dream World for my house such as Pokemon dolls and furniture because the Dream World is going to be destroyed anyway?

Silent Skies

So then there really is no point in continuing to accumulate stuff in the Dream World for my house such as Pokemon dolls and furniture because the Dream World is going to be destroyed anyway?

While I never cared for the Dream World and its minigames in the first place, there should really be some sort of house that you can buy in X and Y for a whopping maximum amount of money amount of Pokédollars. Then you could decorate it anyway you'd like, much like a Secret Base. And for those who had Dream World houses, they'd be able to connect their BW/BW2 Dream World house information to their X or Y game and have the decorations they worked so hard collecting available in their house.

R_N

Doubtful, Game Freak wants to keep them rare, so they probably will only be obtainable through some special mechanic like the Hidden Grottoes.

They wanted to keep them "rare" (majority really weren't) in 5th gen likely to give Dream World more of a push
it's an all new gen
the dream world is going down
many of the abilities aren't that fantastic

there's no reason to keep them rare now

redsky

Ninja
I hope they don't continue with the dream world in 6th gen, since I was very tedious and took too long to obtain Pokemon.

I would prefer a mechanic in game to obtain the hidden abilities. It would be great if you had a chance of breeding the hidden abilities if either the female, male Pokemon or Ditto in daycare had its hidden abilities.

KKS-Lapras

I'd still like the feature to somehow allow access to past regions, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova. Allow capturing in those regions for Pokemon not found in Kalos.

StanTheStaraptor

Yeah, I'd happily see the Dream World vanish.
Would it be stupid to have hidden abilities like tutor moves? Like you have to give an item and the Pokemon would gain the hidden ability in place of its standard ability? That, or have them as a really low encounter rate (5%).

Jeikobu

主の子
While I never cared for the Dream World and its minigames in the first place, there should really be some sort of house that you can buy in X and Y for a whopping maximum amount of money amount of Pokédollars. Then you could decorate it anyway you'd like, much like a Secret Base. And for those who had Dream World houses, they'd be able to connect their BW/BW2 Dream World house information to their X or Y game and have the decorations they worked so hard collecting available in their house.

That would be super!! That would be ideal, I think.

Silent Skies

That would be super!! That would be ideal, I think.

With all the different collections available in Pokémon games these days, such as the classic badges and Pokédex entries, along with newer things like medals and now clothing, I wouldn't be surprised if in-game Dream House furniture would be on that list of collectible items.

The Master Chief

Yeah, I'd happily see the Dream World vanish.
Would it be stupid to have hidden abilities like tutor moves? Like you have to give an item and the Pokemon would gain the hidden ability in place of its standard ability? That, or have them as a really low encounter rate (5%).

I agree as far as making hidden abilities a low encounter rate however with dream world you're guaranteed to get a hidden ability so why not just have both?

Also why would tutor moves be stupid?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I agree as far as making hidden abilities a low encounter rate however with dream world you're guaranteed to get a hidden ability so why not just have both?

Also why would tutor moves be stupid?

Because Pokémon have there ability naturally instead of being tampered with.

anderdan

Pokebreeder
We need to be able to effectively search for pokemon on the GTS. I want to look at stats, abilities, (preferably IV's/EV's) etc

Personally, I absolutely hate the Dream World. I racked up enough points to get over 10,000 dream world points. It was a hassle, a pain, and very limiting. I hope that it is removed and doesn't come back. I've only used it twice in BW2 due to the points resetting...

Some alternatives to the dream world that should be implemented in game:

Safari Zone: The safari zone could be a great place to catch wild and rare (for the region) pokemon. These pokemon could then have a decent chance to have a hidden ability. The safari zone could have different zones (swamp, lake, mountains, plains, cave, etc). New pokemon can be added via downloadable content (like how zoos get new 'exhibits). None of the design your own safari crap like in HG/SS.

Hidden Grottos: Hidden Grottos can all have hidden abilities but primarily showcase pokemon. Not items. Reduce the amount of steps needed for a grotto to reset.

Swarms: Post-E4 game can have swarms. These swarms change daily. One swarm for the east region, one for the central region and one swarm for the west region of Kalos. So there could be 3 swarms a day total. These also change day to day.

Birthday's: The professor or your parent gives you a rare starter with a hidden ability on the day/month of your birthday. (Post-Elite Four)

Lumiose City Park: There could be a small park (which could be added/updated via downloadable content) that includes base form pokemon with hidden abilities. Kind of like an updated version of the Man with the mansion that had rare pokemon in his garden...

Areas of Previous Generations: If we have to have a dream world it could be a place to visit older generations (or parts of older generations). For example if you tucked in a Geodude, it could have a dream of being in caves in Johto. So for example, you could play a small fraction of Red and Blue. Or lets say you tuck in a Tropius, you could play a select route in Ruby/Saphire try and catch some pokemon from a tall grass route in Hoenn. The location you dream about depends on the generation and area that pokemon was found in the game. Pokemon found and caught in this fashion would have their hidden ability.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Ausgirl

I thought that the news suggested that the DW would still be around in XY just that it would be slightly different? I'm sure the bulbapedia article said that it would just be closing for the older games. I could be wrong though...

I don't mind the dream world itself but it would be better if it was like the old pokewalker because then you wouldn't need a good internet connection in order to use it. I have a terrible internet connection so the games often don't download and I can't get the pokemon I want by myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.