• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
For next gen, I'm hoping at least one of these restrictions gets relaxed:

-No control over which area in the Island of Dreams you can visit aside from merely being able to affect the odds of which one you go to.
-Island of Dreams dries up after about 8-10 visits.
-Only one Pokemon from the Island of Dreams can be taken back per session
-Island of Dreams areas are overstuffed with Pokemon to the point where finding the exact Pokemon you want is nearly impossible.

It's made finding DWfs an absolute chore, and there's no reason to make them that rare.

sunny phoenix

i like the idea of Dw but if it comes back some changes are necessary....

- lower the amount of DW point u need in order to get something... 10.000 points is ridiculous and a chore...
- make it easier to find the pokemon u want
- since u only have 1 hour to play, there was no need to make pokemon appear less and less every time u went on the island
- being able to bring more than one, 3 i think is a good number
- being able to see the pokemon statsand gender before u play the minigame.... i dont want to waste the already restricted amount of time we have

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
We need to be able to effectively search for pokemon on the GTS. I want to look at stats, abilities, (preferably IV's/EV's) etc

Personally, I absolutely hate the Dream World. I racked up enough points to get over 10,000 dream world points. It was a hassle, a pain, and very limiting. I hope that it is removed and doesn't come back. I've only used it twice in BW2 due to the points resetting...

Some alternatives to the dream world that should be implemented in game:

Safari Zone: The safari zone could be a great place to catch wild and rare (for the region) pokemon. These pokemon could then have a decent chance to have a hidden ability. The safari zone could have different zones (swamp, lake, mountains, plains, cave, etc). New pokemon can be added via downloadable content (like how zoos get new 'exhibits). None of the design your own safari crap like in HG/SS.

Hidden Grottos: Hidden Grottos can all have hidden abilities but primarily showcase pokemon. Not items. Reduce the amount of steps needed for a grotto to reset.

Swarms: Post-E4 game can have swarms. These swarms change daily. One swarm for the east region, one for the central region and one swarm for the west region of Kalos. So there could be 3 swarms a day total. These also change day to day.

Birthday's: The professor or your parent gives you a rare starter with a hidden ability on the day/month of your birthday. (Post-Elite Four)

Lumiose City Park: There could be a small park (which could be added/updated via downloadable content) that includes base form pokemon with hidden abilities. Kind of like an updated version of the Man with the mansion that had rare pokemon in his garden...

Areas of Previous Generations: If we have to have a dream world it could be a place to visit older generations (or parts of older generations). For example if you tucked in a Geodude, it could have a dream of being in caves in Johto. So for example, you could play a small fraction of Red and Blue. Or lets say you tuck in a Tropius, you could play a select route in Ruby/Saphire try and catch some pokemon from a tall grass route in Hoenn. The location you dream about depends on the generation and area that pokemon was found in the game. Pokemon found and caught in this fashion would have their hidden ability.

What do you guys think?

I am not hating the birthday idea one bit. It's balanced and can easily be configured so that people couldn't abuse it.

Andami

Mr. Monotone Sarcasm
I think the Dream World could really be improved by making it a more social experience and by allowing access in-game. Why should we need a computer to access such simple features? Now the games will be on 3DS cartridges which hold anywhere from 2 - 16 times the max amount of data that a DS cartridge could hold.

danburite3

I hate the Dream World so much. It takes forever to load, and the time limit is dumb- I mean, I get why they do it, they've got a ton of traffic, but here's the thing. Servers are pretty cheap. Buy more of them.

The problem is, Nintendo doesn't really seem to understand the appeal of the internet, which is a real shame. Eventually they'll step up their game, but somehow I don't see it happening in time for X and Y.

But, if they found a way to handle their traffic, I'd love to see them get rid of the once-a-day-for-one-hour limit they've got on the Dream World. It'd also be nice if they could throw us a bone and make it so it wasn't the only way to get berries and most hidden abilities.

Redphienix

41 Days of Black
I farmed the absolute heck out of the DW and found it not worth it in the least. It's not fun. It's not rewarding. It's a chore and time consuming. Not to mention once someone finds a female the trading market becomes swarmed with them (which is only thanks to you lot! So thanks!) so once a breeder gets the DWF they want, no one else needs to go in again. Ever. Aside for unobtainable moves (but even those are more often than not, worthless).

It was the worst part of Gen V, without a doubt. I'm putting it above how broken GTS was.

If it continues I sincerely hope they make it less needed. It is a great addition! But the ONLY way to get DW abilities?

A CRAPTASTIC minigame barrage that makes neopets look like the most fun you can have? A requisite for having the ability you want?

No.

They can keep it around as an additional way to get the pokemon. They can keep it around for berry farming (though I hope that is improved and less required to get said berries) but they REALLY need to incorporate some in-game ways of gaining DW abilities.

...Personally, I absolutely hate the Dream World. I racked up enough points to get over 10,000 dream world points. It was a hassle, a pain, and very limiting. I hope that it is removed and doesn't come back. I've only used it twice in BW2 due to the points resetting...
Amen

Some alternatives to the dream world that should be implemented in game:

Safari Zone: The safari zone could be a great place to catch wild and rare (for the region) pokemon. These pokemon could then have a decent chance to have a hidden ability. The safari zone could have different zones (swamp, lake, mountains, plains, cave, etc). New pokemon can be added via downloadable content (like how zoos get new 'exhibits). None of the design your own safari crap like in HG/SS.

I absolutely LOVE this idea. We are overdue for a fun safari anyway, and making it so each pokemon has a chance of carrying the beloved abilities would be great!

Farming for a female with the ability would still be hard work, but hard work spent IN-GAME, and being in-game means anyone can do it and then trade their females around (instead of only online-heavy people using the DW and then trading around. It is easy to trade online with a crap connection, it is hard to get on DW with one).

Hidden Grottos: Hidden Grottos can all have hidden abilities but primarily showcase pokemon. Not items. Reduce the amount of steps needed for a grotto to reset.
An idea!

Swarms: Post-E4 game can have swarms. These swarms change daily. One swarm for the east region, one for the central region and one swarm for the west region of Kalos. So there could be 3 swarms a day total. These also change day to day.

I love the idea of making swarms have a higher chance of hidden abilities (15% chance of encounter having ability during such a swarm sounds fair considering how many abilities are lackluster)

Birthday's: The professor or your parent gives you a rare starter with a hidden ability on the day/month of your birthday. (Post-Elite Four)

Not so excited about this idea. But I have to admit, seeing how the starter DW abilities have become so rare it would be a nice way to make them available. Though it sounds too available to me (call me a collector, whatever). It would still make the event pokemon worth more due to being events, but their value would be so much lower because ANYONE can just set their birthday, get their gift, and reset if it wasn't the pokemon they wanted DW of.

Lumiose City Park: There could be a small park (which could be added/updated via downloadable content) that includes base form pokemon with hidden abilities. Kind of like an updated version of the Man with the mansion that had rare pokemon in his garden...

Something~

Also these ideas that include the 'DLC' option sound cool. Nintendo DLC has always been rather enjoyable. Turning on Animal Crossing and grabbing a Rainbow for my room for free from the wifi is always fun, and getting the Genesect event is never a bother. Making these 'events' more available like this sounds cool.

So yes. There are plenty of places where the abilities could be tucked in nicely that I believe they should be placed. anderdan summed it up quite nicely.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
Dreamworld is dead!

New names!

- AbiltyGarden
- RoyalParc
- CatWalkMaze
- BakeAbiltery
- Restabiltyrant
- Bistrabilty

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Here is my shot at a revamped DW/new area wish list:

Revamped Dream World
• Allow us to choose which area we want (I sincerely hated being put in the Dream Park no matter what type of Pokémon I tucked in)
• Bring in as many Pokèmon as we like.
• More mini games and a "Challenge" version of the mini games where the goal is much harder but the Pokémon you get has a special move like Inferno Misdreavus (and is a breedable move too).
• Give another berry and "wish" what Pokémon would you like to see in the next visit like how you donate a berry to take a Pokémon.
• Extend the amount of steps to the Tree to 20 instead of ten.
• Although not related to the Dream World itself, allow non-genderless and Male-only Pokémon's DW ability to be breedable.
• NO BERRIES (put them ingame), but then again some if not, most berries are useless anyway so meh.
• Don't include Medals that require the use of DW, it was already bad enough that these medals will be impossible to obtain at the end of the year.

As for the new area, there could be an island post game where five random Pokémon will appear each day, all with their DW ability excluding legendaries, starters and Pokémon without a DW abilities.

gpt11

Here is my shot at a revamped DW/new area wish list:

Revamped Dream World
• Allow us to choose which area we want (I sincerely hated being put in the Dream Park no matter what type of Pokémon I tucked in)
• Bring in as many Pokèmon as we like.
• More mini games and a "Challenge" version of the mini games where the goal is much harder but the Pokémon you get has a special move like Inferno Misdreavus (and is a breedable move too).
• Give another berry and "wish" what Pokémon would you like to see in the next visit like how you donate a berry to take a Pokémon.
• Extend the amount of steps to the Tree to 20 instead of ten.
Although not related to the Dream World itself, allow non-genderless and Male-only Pokémon's DW ability to be breedable.
• NO BERRIES (put them ingame), but then again some if not, most berries are useless anyway so meh.
• Don't include Medals that require the use of DW, it was already bad enough that these medals will be impossible to obtain at the end of the year.

As for the new area, there could be an island post game where five random Pokémon will appear each day, all with their DW ability excluding legendaries, starters and Pokémon without a DW abilities.

I always wondered why they didn't do this especially since you can get a DW Ditto in BW2

Ditto is supposed to take on the role of the female Pokémon when breeding (even if there is another female in the day care with it) so why they didn't make it so you could breed DW abilities from males (with a DW ability) and a Ditto with a DW ability is beyond me!

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Or just have them show up normally

I hope your right... I put a lot of effort into my original B&W but never could really do BW2... due to going to college, lacking a connectable computer and that pesky 1 hour a day 24 hour limit... even with access to all the areas in BW I never encountered more than half of the Pokemon(and only a third did I ever find females)

Grottos were an improvement but they still were lacking as it was impossible to encounter many Pokemon even ones in Grottos (that low encounter chance... in an already low spawn chance) It got to the point it felt easier to find shinies than Pokemon with Hidden abilities

Edit shiver someone reminded me of the dreaded berry system 0_0 must go never to be attempted again...

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I like this idea.

I have a good idea on how to handle berries in the DW. Make it so planting is done in game again, but make it so certain berries can only be obtained through the DW.

I'd say the Type effective berries (Coba and the like) and the Wifi Competition Berries like the Ganlon Berry would be a plausible place for the DW, considering their rarity.

Redphienix

41 Days of Black
That's about what I was thinking.

Having the berries be only out of the game lead to intense grinding on a platform that wasn't enjoyable :/

I really hope we see the berries in game again. Maybe in a more refined 'garden' behind your house instead of at plots found around the world? (Both so that we have a place to farm and places to find new berries)

Having DW give the 'competitive' berries sounds... alright I suppose.

I would truly like to put them all in the game and stop having to get things on DW but it makes sense at least.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I would rather see the dream world become a downloadable game for the 3DS that interacts with the games like Dream Radar. I would also like to see an update to Dream Radar when X and Y are released.

More than Dream Radar or the dream world, I would love a new Pokémon Box for 3DS that let's you transfer pokemon between your DS/3DS cartridges and your SD card. It would solve the issue of backwards compatibility and give us back a great tool for pokemon collecting.

JW1004

I would rather see the dream world become a downloadable game for the 3DS that interacts with the games like Dream Radar. I would also like to see an update to Dream Radar when X and Y are released.

More than Dream Radar or the dream world, I would love a new Pokémon Box for 3DS that let's you transfer pokemon between your DS/3DS cartridges and your SD card. It would solve the issue of backwards compatibility and give us back a great tool for pokemon collecting.

I would like both ideas. Especially the Box thing! Would be very handy

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Having DW give the 'competitive' berries sounds... alright I suppose.

I would truly like to put them all in the game and stop having to get things on DW but it makes sense at least.

It'd be preferable to having to get them from something like the Battle Tower (which was required to get the Lansat and Starf Berries in Emerald), or through events (yeah, you still had to get most of the rarer berries through events in the DW, but they spread around much easier through the Share Shelves).

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Previously, you could trade via the GTS only for Pokémon you'd already registered in your Pokédex by seeing or catching them. For the first time in the main Pokémon series, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y allow you to receive a Pokémon not yet registered in your Pokédex via GTS trade!

Rejoice, madafakas!

Status
Not open for further replies.