• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
decided to do a few Wonder trades this morning since i restarted my Y Version.

Everyone seems to want to give out Froakies today. I got 1 with Protean, but the other 4 i got were all lvl 1 Torrent rejects.

also got a Phantump during the Trading and some pokemon from route 2.

Ended the round of Wonder Trading with a lvl 1 Tyrunt with Ice Fang.

Either I'm lucky or people are more generous Today.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
This has probably been brought up before, but I don't have time to read 40 pages of comments to find it. :(

What's the deal with the Global Link? I finally got around to syncing my game tonight, and all my info showed up on the GL (avatar, PSS saying, etc), but it says I have 0 PokeMiles, and my miles in-game are the same as they used to be. I have the settings set to "Send PokeMiles", but they don't seem to be sending anywhere. I really want to use the GL to buy some Heart Scales.

Also, what's up with the CONSTANT "servers are busy" error when I try to sync?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Also, what's up with the CONSTANT "servers are busy" error when I try to sync?

did you try to sync again before the one hour restriction is up? You can only sync once per hour.

Navarch

Has anyone else noticed that Wonder Trades give you better Pokemon early in the morning? Around 6-10 AM EST is when I got most of my Egg Move/Good Nature/Hidden Ability Pokemon. I think it is because the little kids who trade Bidoof and Fletchling are not awake yet. Anyone else experience this? Oh, and the Japanese are the best. I got 1/3 of my great Lv. 1 Pokemon from them.

PokeAmi

Has anyone else noticed that Wonder Trades give you better Pokemon early in the morning? Around 6-10 AM EST is when I got most of my Egg Move/Good Nature/Hidden Ability Pokemon. I think it is because the little kids who trade Bidoof and Fletchling are not awake yet. Anyone else experience this? Oh, and the Japanese are the best. I got 1/3 of my great Lv. 1 Pokemon from them.

I noticed that too. I tried right now, But this time I got alot of Early Route 1-3 Pokemon, so maybe the little kids has awaken xD' Kinda sucks though that I send out 4IV Pokemon with eggmoves and get "troll" Pokemon back -_-' but that's WonderTrade.
But atleast I got 4IV Gible and 4IV Venipede, both japanese today, Im really happy about that! I usually just get best eggmoves/IV Pokemon from Japan xD
In 1 week, I got these japanese 5IV Pokemon- Espurr, Fletchling, Whismurr, Bunnelby and Inkay.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Nope, from 3 to 6, and I get literalyl nothing usefull, solely random Bunnelby and Fletchling.
May have to do with my GMT, of course.
... Although, I have the same GMT as the majority of Japan, and almost all of my WTs are Japanese, so, yeah...
Luck is horrid.

Puma Italia

I don't think Wonder Trading at a specific time will increase your chances to get better Pokemon. It's completely based on luck, but it's always nice to get usable breeding rejects.

Tf916

Parappa the Rapper
I get alot of Breeding Rejects but i don't really mind since i am not far into the game yet, i am hoping for a shiny but i keep getting Gible's....

Gibles and Torchics are the regular pokemon i get through WT now..

Last edited:

blackstar

What's really fun is sending out breeding rejects, and getting breeding rejects in return, sometimes of the poke you just sent out.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
Some random Passerby wanted to trade with me... I saw no reason to refuse, so I accepted.
She offered me many different Pokémon, all that evolve by trade.
I received and then gave back a Magmortar, an Alakazam, and a Rhyperior.
I did a good thing today.

JuanBlaze

Some random Passerby wanted to trade with me... I saw no reason to refuse, so I accepted.
She offered me many different Pokémon, all that evolve by trade.
I received and then gave back a Magmortar, an Alakazam, and a Rhyperior.
I did a good thing today.

LMAO ur a saint, i have yet to get a kind person to just give me anything. they just show off their pokemon :(

Nayzira

IV Breeder
I've had amazingly positive experiences with the wonder training; recieved among others a japanese male vulpix with perfect IV's except for 'just' 26 in attack. I also recieved a japanese modest male hidden ability eevee with x/x/31/31/31/31 IV's. Both of them are perfect breeding fathers, both being pokemon I really wanted to breed already (started on the eevee already, only took five eggs to breed a modest hidden ability female from the traded one. I also recieved a 5 IV bulbasaur with a lot of egg moves and quite a few other decent to wonderful pokemon too, I assume they were all breeding excess from someone looking for something even more perfect (and also a few random not-bred rares), but I'm still pre-elite four in my game so I for example don't have access to the friend safari yet thus getting these is an amázing kick start for my own breeding :).

I can't wait until I'm further in my own breeding to make other people as happy with randomness as a few strangers made me. I've never put in anything réally useless, the most useless pokemon I wonder trade away are probably version exclusives and they trade away within minutes in the GTS; I also trade away my own breeding excess which isn't nearly as good yet as what I at times have recieved although I'm working on that, I also trade pokemon I recieved that áre good but are not useful to me but might be really wonderful to someone else. I tend to send out pokemon that I know will at least make some sort of player happy (either someone who breeds or is a competative player or someone who isn 't but still wants pokemon with the right abilities and natures or completists.

Wonder trade is quite addictive; I'm also positively surprised by how nice results I'm occasionally getting form the GTS.

Last edited:

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
About a month ago I accidently Wonder Traded my lvl100 Pinsir holding Pinsirite because I wasn't paying attention.

At least I made the person who got it a very happy, and probably confused, trainer.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
About a month ago I accidently Wonder Traded my lvl100 Pinsir holding Pinsirite because I wasn't paying attention.

At least I made the person who got it a very happy, and probably confused, trainer.

so wait you can actually trade megastones by mistake. Yikes i hope i can get someone's X mewtwo by accident in Y before getting my mewtwo holding X mewtwo from my X version. I got so much pokemon to wonder trade, I haven't received a legendary yet from wonder trade!

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
so wait you can actually trade megastones by mistake. Yikes i hope i can get someone's X mewtwo by accident in Y before getting my mewtwo holding X mewtwo from my X version. I got so much pokemon to wonder trade, I haven't received a legendary yet from wonder trade!

It was either that or I accidently released the Pinsir when I was releasing all the Bidoofs and Zubats I got.

The moral of the story is to always pay attention when Wonder Trading or else you'll mess up horribly.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
Recently, I've been seeing a lot of people wanting Yvetal for their perfect-IV pokemon that might have made me think about Wonder Trading...

But today, I traded a weaker-potential Poliwag via GTS, and got a better one in return: one w/ a Bold Nature, perfect IVs in HP, Def., Sp. Atk., and Speed(judging from the marks on the marking section of its stats screen), and to top it all off, a Swift Swim(meaning it will get Drizzle once it's a Politoed, but of course that depends on whether or not I can find a friend honest enough to receive the pokemon, along with a held king's rock, after it evolves into poliwhirl, and trade it back as soon as the trade is done, and the held item necessary to trigger the evolution is used up)... Nice trade, my new acquaintance, and I promise that I, knowing that I got lucky by receiving a poliwag like that, will breed you a new poliwag just as good as the one I received, so please don't feel bad for receiving what you got... One of these days, I'll make sure to give you compensation that will relieve you of any grief...

^ Still, I had to deal with a lot of GTS trade busts before I saw the aforementioned poliwag... Thank you, my new acquaintance, now, just keep me on your list, and one of these days, again, you will receive a poliwag of equal or better quality that, I assure you, will make up for your burden...

bookshelf12

looking for friend codes for the friend safari. I am a steel type safari but i do not know the pokemon in my safari.
Friend Code: 0018-1354-1305. message me yours in return. I can also breed Growlithe with close combat, morning sun, and flare blitz.

KAYLAF0X

The Fox
Recently, I've been seeing a lot of people wanting Yvetal for their perfect-IV pokemon that might have made me think about Wonder Trading...

The GTS is no place to find any perfect IV/Hidden Ability pokemon... I found that one out the hard way, I traded my Yvetal for a Gligar that wasn't anything special and with Hyper Cutter... just cause someone put that it had perfect IVs and the Poison Heal ability.... :c

But wonder trading... that's where I got all my Perfect IV pokemon O_O

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I've actually gotten a few perfect IV Pokemon from the GTS before, but I never do trades that ask for anything I can't just hatch in a few minutes. 4IV Adamant HA Shroomish with Bullet Seed is still the best value I've obtained. I went ahead and trained that guy right away, since it was one of its defenses missing a perfect IV and that will never really matter. Though Wonder Trade is definitely a safer bet for perfect IV Pokemon. I don't bother often with Wonder Trade, but when I do, I usually end up with at least one good Pokemon.

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
What I've been doing is putting up my left over 5iv honedges up on the Gts asking for Japanese pokemon in return and some were good I got a 5 iv Japanese eevee from there missing def but o well still useful for mm. Also got a 4 iv impish gligar that I was looking for since I already had a 5iv jolly HA female. It did take about 3/4 trades to get good ones tho which is disappointing.

Kinda annoying when you specifically say foreign in the description and get English ones in return.

I do love the wonder trade feature tho since its helped me get some good iv pokemon and pokemon with egg moves. Was gonna breed for a play rough absol from scratch but I got a 2 iv one from wonder trade and now I have a 5 iv absol with play rough :)

Only problem with wonder trading is that I have about 3 boxes full of wonder traded pokemon with good ivs or egg moves that I don't want to get rid of just yet lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.