• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammy_ham_ham

Unleash your Phantom
I ended up with a ton of 4 IV modest swift swim poliwag while I was hatching for one either perfect IVs or only missing attack, and I got some good wonder trades for them. An adamant drilbur with 4 Ivs, a HA fennekin, and some others. I got some early game route 2 stuff too, but hey if they realize what they got they'll hopefully be happy.

Sapphire Dragon

A Silver soul.
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, and I apologize if it has, but is it just me or is there something up with the new PGL? I haven't been able to create a Game Sync ID despite upgrading both my 3DS software and my X to ver 1.1 (didn't want to really do it though, lol) and I still get the error 006-0112 which according to Nintendo's website is a connection error issue with my network, but it connects to everything else fine. Is this just saying that the network is busy, and a lot of people get this error, or should I go contact their support? Thanks!

drquesadilla

I may not be the first to ask about this, but I don't want to sift through 41 pages of replies.

Why is is that I'm not always given the option of registering a passerby's friend code after a trade? Half the time, I'm given the option to automatically register, but other times it simply sends me straight back to the game after the trade is complete.

ClefableMaster

I may not be the first to ask about this, but I don't want to sift through 41 pages of replies.

Why is is that I'm not always given the option of registering a passerby's friend code after a trade? Half the time, I'm given the option to automatically register, but other times it simply sends me straight back to the game after the trade is complete.

Once they are in the Acquaintance area, you would have to have at least two different interactions with them.

Jeikobu

主の子
So I just registered my X version for the Global Link, and I did it syncing up my old Global Link account in which I had my White and White 2 versions registered. I'm finished and looking at my profile, and it clearly shows my old login account number and everything, and yet I do not have any PokeMiles added. I should have a good number of them. Why aren't there any there?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I wonder when are they going to reveal the attraction in X/Y PGL's Poke Mile Shop......currently the only thing I'm doing in the X/Y's PGL is checking the GTS lol

It better be worth the wait....hoping for something that's less tedious than the B/W PGL's Dream World minigames, but still provides a good enough reward.

ahcrapnotagain

I wonder when are they going to reveal the attraction in X/Y PGL's Poke Mile Shop......currently the only thing I'm doing in the X/Y's PGL is checking the GTS lol

It better be worth the wait....hoping for something that's less tedious than the B/W PGL's Dream World minigames, but still provides a good enough reward.
It seems really underwhelming. the only use I have for it is to get rare candy's from all my leftovers that go into wondertrade. so far it does not even look like you'll be able to get pokemon through global link.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I hope the attractions come out after bank comes out. There are still items that we need such as the other power gems that will be given to us when we play these attractions

until then, I use the global link for Rare Candies and PP ups!

ahcrapnotagain

It's probably wishful thinking but it would be amazing if you could earn new mega stones.

Im not sure where to ask this but I had my 3ds for a couple of months and I was wondering when you switch out games will friend codes be deleted? I heard it from somewhere awhile back I was wanting to switch out pokemon Y and put B2 in so I can transfer some pokemon from my other games for when pokemon bank comes out please and thank you

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Im not sure where to ask this but I had my 3ds for a couple of months and I was wondering when you switch out games will friend codes be deleted? I heard it from somewhere awhile back I was wanting to switch out pokemon Y and put B2 in so I can transfer some pokemon from my other games for when pokemon bank comes out please and thank you

No. It will not be deleted. So feel free to change game cards whenever you like.
I don't see why it would happen. Friend Codes are stored in the system, not it the games.

Thank you so much I really appreciate it :)

Last edited:

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess

In Gen V, the game cards were registered to the DS you were using, and if you changed systems, friend codes would be erased from your game.

I've noticed Wonder Trade has gotten a lot better the last few weeks. Not quite as many early game pokemon make it through, though that might change after Christmas, depending on how many people get the games as a gift.

ahcrapnotagain

Thank you so much I really appreciate it :)

only the 3ds has the friend codes attached to the system. if you had been using the b2 cartridge in a previous system and then put it into a 3ds it would rewrite it to your 3ds's system FC.

only the 3ds has the friend codes attached to the system. if you had been using the b2 cartridge in a previous system and then put it into a 3ds it would rewrite it to your 3ds's system FC.

I'm glad you explained to me :) this is the first time I used friend codes and traded over so I didn't know how it worked thank you again :D

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm glad you explained to me :) this is the first time I used friend codes and traded over so I didn't know how it worked thank you again :D

Oh. I forgot that the the Gen 5 games has its own friend codes. My apologies.
Glad ahcrapnotagain and Iris Mist clarified it.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Got a shiny Zangoose (Japanese) from the GTS and i forgot what i put up. I think it was an extra Gengar i had received from wonder trade.

anyway i put up a zygarde from my X (since im not planning on leveling an extra zygarde when im already planning on training one in Y) in Y for an Articuno. I hope i get lucky....

Puma Italia

anyway i put up a zygarde from my X (since im not planning on leveling an extra zygarde when im already planning on training one in Y) in Y for an Articuno. I hope i get lucky....

At least that trade is a lot more reasonable than everyone on the GTS who asks for unobtainable Pokemon.

Tyrantrum

So I just got the game, and am currently using the Wonder Trade to get rid of any pokemon that I don't have an immediate need for. (I'm just in the part before the second gym) I find it's really good for helping to get new additions to my pokedex, and actually plan to use the Level 1 Tyrunt and Honedge that I got from there. I'm wondering whether I should wait a bit until I get to the day care. Since then I can give people interesting pokemon like the starters instead of regular pokemon that are early game. I feel bad doing it this early in the game, but right now, that's all I have to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.