• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's likely going to only allow Kalos native Pokemon anyways, so that would be a non-issue.

I really doubt that Pokebank isn't coming by then, though.

Still, if you breed a Dream World Gurdurr with Ditto in X/Y, it will become a Kalos native with HA, and it's impossible to get HA Conkeldurr otherwise. So pokebank is needed.

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
So I played the Balloon popping minigame and...
baloonpop.jpg

I got 3 Grepa berries for my trouble

I hope the future games are gonna a bit more interesting, some of the dream world games were annoying at times but at least they involved a bit of thought rather than random clicking.

Rio!

Composer
So I played the Balloon popping minigame and...
baloonpop.jpg

I got 3 Grepa berries for my trouble

I hope the future games are gonna a bit more interesting, some of the dream world games were annoying at times but at least they involved a bit of thought rather than random clicking.

Wow that's just sad. XD
So...this 'mini-game' is essentially a place for players to people to gamble away their PMs. XD

EXGShadow

Poison fan
I still haven't got the comemorative medals and pokemiles from playing the previous version of the PGL (Black and White). Is it just me??

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So I was looking at the mini-games of the Dream World to find out when the next game will be released;

Dream World's opening with initial mini-games:
Initially: September 18th, 2010.
Reopening: October 13th, 2010.

Pokémon Bistro:
Initially(for Cafe Forest): May 25th, 2011.
Later(Island of Dreams): October 10th, 2012.

Open the Treasure Box:
Initially(for Movie 14): July 13th, 2011
Later(Charizard and the Treasure Box): October 10th, 2012.

Blow Out the Candles:
Initially(Spooky Manor only): September 28th, 2011.
Later(For other areas): October 10th, 2012.

Collect Gems:
Initially(Rugged Mountain only): November 16th, 2011.

Frozen Treat Sweep:
Initially(Icy Cave only): June 22, 2012.

Skip Across the Lake:
Release(Dream Park only): November 20th, 2012.

Unfortunately since all mini-games outside of the Movie one were released for new areas, so this doesn't exactly provides a proper guide. But either way, it took about one and a half month to seven months for another mini-game.

R_N

So there's no real pattern and new attractions could be released at basically any time

I think I figured it out

Apparently a lot of people have been wondering about something:

Dunno if anyone saw, but someone on /vp/ found an item "on the PGL servers"

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/share/images/item/6fe339.png

Looks like a cookie or something. It apparently comes between Luminose Cookie and the fossils.

Kind of resembles a sub to me, or a boat. Although that doesn't make much sense being on a cookie.

Interesting find. I do think it's a cookie (although more like a cracker), and it does look like a boat.

Could it be a regional delicacy just like the Ragecandybar, Lava Cookie, Old Gateau, Castelia Cone, and Lumiose Galette? If it is, could it be from the backpacker's unknown region? Yet another XY mystery.

What's the item labelled "6fe339" (the dirt tile thing)? I don't recognize it.

It looks familiar but can't place what it is. It kind of looks like a cracker

I've been interested in the various mysteries like this in these games, and I've been attempting to see how dialogue in the game might shed light on some of them. This morning, to my surprise, I found a bit of dialogue that helped explain this!

I talked to a woman outside the Lumiose Galette shop, and here is what she said:

"The combo of Lumiose Galettes and Shalour Sables is the ultimate!"

(For the record, I do not know if having a particular level of style has anything to do with what she says, since I know that some other characters in Lumiose have different dialogue depending on how stylish the player is.)

Anyway, I looked up "sable" in the dictionary. No dice.

Then I remembered a culinary dictionary my dad has. Looking in there, I found that a "sablé" is a shortbread from Normandy! (Ironically, since someone thought it looked like dirt, I should also mention that it is supposed to have a "sandy" texture!) I have no idea why the game didn't put an accent mark over the "e."

Now, compare the design on the 6fe399 "cracker" thing with Shalour City's Tower of Mastery:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/photo/shalour.jpg

An even better view can be found by looking in the game. I think there can be little doubt that the design on the "cracker" is supposed to match the lopsided architecture of the Tower of Mastery, and it even has spots which seem to match the three windows. I think it is highly likely that the item under discussion is a Shalour Sable, as this explains the available data very well.

Now, if this is correct, I still do not know whether there is any direct way to obtain this in these games. It is possible that it will have to wait for future games to be released.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Shalour Sable...

Wow. Interesting. I actually forgot about that. I did recall reading that when I bought some Galettes.
And I agree that the silhouette/mark/symbol on the "cracker" is indeed the Tower of Mastery.

My best guess is that this item will be available on the third game. Not a single person in XY mentions a local delicacy.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So there's no real pattern and new attractions could be released at basically any time
Somewhat old post, but;

Outside of the fact that there is an update near the release of the each game(Japanese and/or worldwide) and the largest gap was only longer than half a year, no. But these two are rather standard for the franchise and any game with online or DLC capabilities... so yeah, you're right.

If this is true, then I would expect it to function like Sweet Hearts/Rage Candy Bars/Berry Juice and heal off 20 HP, since Lumiose Galette already works as the status healing regional delicacy. Assuming of course, it is not an event-unlocking Key Item.
--------------------
I really like the ranking system. It will be very interesting to see how people will react to what is pretty much an official version of simulators' usage statistics, especially since it will be relatively... myopic to say the least(Top 12 or 350 something evoluationary lines? The trolling shall be glorious). I also hope that this will provide an additional means of tracking usability for Game Freak outside of the tournaments and their own in-studio matches.

Pre-mature edit: I checked 4chan's response, and it's just too beautiful.

Rakurai

I'd like to hope the developers are planning on using this whole Pokemon ranking thing as a means of determining which Pokemon could use buffs/nerfs in the future.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Damn, those stats are pretty in-depth. Part of me is surprised they didn't try to find a way to describe EV spreads.

...Meanwhile, Antar's giving us statistics of lead usage and details percentages of checks and counters.

Does anyone know exactly how many times a given O-Power must be used before it levels up?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I wonder if anyone's here still plays that balloon popping minigame on the Global Link :p

Just now I got "all 1" (resulting in a max score of 10, which means E Class)......and receive a King's Rock. I love the randomness of the game's scoring system, but I think there should be a new game by now, it's getting boring.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I wonder if anyone's here still plays that balloon popping minigame on the Global Link :p

Just now I got "all 1" (resulting in a max score of 10, which means E Class)......and receive a King's Rock. I love the randomness of the game's scoring system, but I think there should be a new game by now, it's getting boring.

I got a perfect score once, and only got a berry... The prizes are indeed random. No need to try and aim for the highest score.

And I agree that there should've been a new game by now. IMO, a new attraction should be released every month (for a year at least, for a total of 12 attractions).

Treasurepanda

What balloon popping game?
The yarn one in pokemon amie?
Im so confused

Status
Not open for further replies.