• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It's nice that I don't need to see a Pokémon anymore to find it on the GTS. Now just get rid of the stupid trade offers than we have ourselves a convenient trading station.

I agree. Obtaining version exclusive are now a lot easier.
Even Trade evolutions, considering we can just note and negotiate with our friends through PSS through Shout outs.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I agree. Obtaining version exclusive are now a lot easier.
Even Trade evolutions, considering we can just note and negotiate with our friends through PSS.

Yes, choosing a game based on the version exclusives doesn't mean much to me now that we can trade Pokemon we haven't encountered before.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Not to mention that rage quitting may be a thing in the past due to now counting those as a loss. Although someone said that one could just eject the Game cartridge and it won't count as a loss but I won't believe that for now.

Wouldn't it still damage your cartage our corrupt your file if you did that?

Sound

Not to mention that rage quitting may be a thing in the past due to now counting those as a loss. Although someone said that one could just eject the Game cartridge and it won't count as a loss but I won't believe that for now.

It depends on whether your w/l record is saved on the cartridge or server. If it's on the cartridge, then yes, it wouldn't count. If it was on the server, it would still be counted as a loss, I'd imagine. While I'm guessing it'll be on the cartridge for convenience's sake, a possibility is that it's saved on both the cartridge and the server, and whenever you connect to the online server, the cartridge one is changed to match the server one, if necessary.

Also, any word if GF will disallow lv. 1 legendary requests?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It depends on whether your w/l record is saved on the cartridge or server. If it's on the cartridge, then yes, it wouldn't count. If it was on the server, it would still be counted as a loss, I'd imagine. While I'm guessing it'll be on the cartridge for convenience's sake, a possibility is that it's saved on both the cartridge and the server, and whenever you connect to the online server, the cartridge one is changed to match the server one, if necessary.

Also, any word if GF will disallow lv. 1 legendary requests?
Since as of now there's 0 chances of someone hacking a 3DS for the sake of ultimate cheating.
That was a flaw people constantly brought up to GameFreak that they now can fix thanks to the systems capabilities.

So no. Lv.9 and under probably won't be allowed err with the exception of Dialga,Palkia, and Giratinia.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Wouldn't it still damage your cartage our corrupt your file if you did that?

Not really; you'd have to eject your cartridge while the game is saving if you wanted to mess something up.

I've abused Game Card ejection with KI:U weapon fusions, and my game works fine.

Mega Steelix

Mega Evolved
From what I read, if I want a Charmander, and I want to offer Squirtle, I can do so and it will link me to someone who matches my trade offer, which is awesome because it finally stops all the level 9 and under issues. I really like the search option, because if I haven't seen Bulbasaur in-game yet, I can still get one. It will make completing the Pokedex easier.

JW1004

From what I read, if I want a Charmander, and I want to offer Squirtle, I can do so and it will link me to someone who matches my trade offer, which is awesome because it finally stops all the level 9 and under issues. I really like the search option, because if I haven't seen Bulbasaur in-game yet, I can still get one. It will make completing the Pokedex easier.
That would be perfect, that would be so much easier indeed. Finally a way to get "leftovers" while filling your dex, if you get what I mean

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
Now we can complete the national dex a whole lot better! ^^

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
Yes, choosing a game based on the version exclusives doesn't mean much to me now that we can trade Pokemon we haven't encountered before.

Trading for version exclusives isn't even much of an issue anyway since, while you can't obtain them, there's always a trainer who has it for you to add to your dex.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I love the Wonder Trades! That should be very exciting! I think I'm more excited about that than the not being able to see the Pokemon to ask for it!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Trading for version exclusives isn't even much of an issue anyway since, while you can't obtain them, there's always a trainer who has it for you to add to your dex.

Not always. No one in BW used a Rufflet or either member of the Vullaby line, so White players couldn't get a Mandibuzz.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I love the Wonder Trades! That should be very exciting! I think I'm more excited about that than the not being able to see the Pokemon to ask for it!

Yeah, those seem pretty cool.
But just think of the amount of people that are going to offer crappy Pokes in the hopes they get a good one.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
this will be the first gen i can play online and trade online with glad its gonna be awesome, i have a feeling there'll be alot of patrats on the wonder trade

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that in White, it's impossible to find a Vullaby or Mandibuzz on the GTS.

I know that. But B/W seem to be the only exception when D/P still had trainers that had the other versions exclusives. I want to say it was possible to see Serviper in Ruby and Zangoose in Sapphire but there's no trainer info for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.