• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Haha, thanks for the offer, but I also have a Chansey FS :p

In fact, I already have 5 Lucky Eggs, 4 from the FS.

It's just that I feel using the minigame is a much easier way (and waste less time too).

That and I can't trade all the time anyway, I don't have usable wi-fi at home.

All good, I'm in the same boat, but that mini game is certainly not an easier way to find them that's for sure.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
could be a coincidence, but i've been playing the stage 3 clearing all the stars before "finding" any doll, and then finding 3 that are similar (like the three starters, or wailord, wobbufett and snorlax, the 3 with a high HP stat) and got fairly good items. namely 2 power weight (both after finding the 3 with high HP), a power anklet (3 starters), PP max (two starters and deoxys) and stuff like that (HP Up, macho brace, pp up and the like), and only 2 sets of berrys, one with random pokes and the other with darkrai and 2 with high HP.
i have yet to test it, but maybe it makes a difference?

Nope.

And by the way, Shine, you double-posted by accident a few posts ago.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Tried playing the Level 1 and Level 3 once each.....got a Power Bracer and a PP Max.

Now if only I can get a result that good on Level 2 :p
I even got the three elemental monkeys in short amount of time, yet still receive an Iron, so yeah, I don't think uncovering certain set of dolls will give you better prize.

And by the way, Shine, you double-posted by accident a few posts ago.

I already removed it, thanks ;)

sagittar

Hi remind me to change this
The random items are alright but it gets kind of annoying when your trying to get a power weight and get 5 power bracers instead. (anyone want a power bracer? :p )

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So I played the Graffiti Eraser mini-game in hopes of getting my hands on a Lucky Egg.
After 21 plays, these are my prizes (in order):

[spoil]Iron x1
Clever Wing x4
Iron x1
Zinc x1
Heart Scale x1
Clever Wing x4
Power Belt x1
Power Belt x1
Power Belt x1
Resist Wing x4
Power Band x1
Resist Wing x4
Resist Wing x4
PP Max x1
Resist Wing x4
Resist Wing x4
Resist Wing x4
Clever Wing x4
Iron x1
Iron x1
Power Band x1[/spoil]

At least I got a PP Max.
Lucky Eggs are easier to obtain at the Friend Safari.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
So I played the Graffiti Eraser mini-game in hopes of getting my hands on a Lucky Egg.
After 21 plays, these are my prizes (in order):

[spoil]Iron x1
Clever Wing x4
Iron x1
Zinc x1
Heart Scale x1
Clever Wing x4
Power Belt x1
Power Belt x1
Power Belt x1
Resist Wing x4
Power Band x1
Resist Wing x4
Resist Wing x4
PP Max x1
Resist Wing x4
Resist Wing x4
Resist Wing x4
Clever Wing x4
Iron x1
Iron x1
Power Band x1[/spoil]

At least I got a PP Max.
Lucky Eggs are easier to obtain at the Friend Safari.
Looking at that, you almost came out even.
Heart Scale = 100 Miles
Max PP Up = 1500 Miles (PP Up = 500 miles, and Max is x3 times PP Up.)

So basically the rest came out to be about 500 miles, still I'd def not go to the graffiti for the Eggs, with that kind of data....

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
well, look what I got

luckyegg_zps46856ba0.jpg

Result shows 13 points, prize is Lucky Egg. I love it when the randomness of the scoring system spit out something hilarious like that xD

Still, I have to admit, after several plays, this is indeed not the best way to look for it.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I played the Graffiti game only a few times and got a Lucky Egg. But the system's probably completely random, which makes it a bad way looking for one.

furan1

I have a quick question about the PSS. Hopefully this is the right thread for it.

If I have a friend that switches 3ds and deletes their game, will they be deleted from my friend list, or will their new trainer name replace the old one? Will I have to re-add them?

Blasting Toise

Registered PGL today to get some of those minigame items....those games are fun but rating thing is stupid- I played balloon popping to get oval stone and I did it- but randomly received 27 Qualot berries I really don't need (3 at once of course).

I would be totally ok if rate would affect the prize- but it's stupid to have such a boring prices with both a-rank and e-rank.... what's the point of the ranking anyway if it doesn't affect the quality of the prize? It would make more sense to have berries and such at E-rank or D-rank and rare quality items at A-rank like Rare Cadys, PP-maxes etc. but totally random prize makes ranking pointless....

Had my oval stone though but "server is busy"- so Gamesync doesn't work.... this is very frustrating- whole thing works almost as bad as tcg-online...

MelonGerbil

Dragon Master
Okay there's just so many things wrong with both of these that they need to fix

People asking for shinies but offering some random pokemon

Not being able to check ivs on the gts or while trading

While trying to dex trade, it doesnt show the other person that you already got that pokemon, so you either have to name a pokemon "I have it" or use game chat.

A lot of people dont notice or bother to read the names of pokemon and realize it actually says something like "no thanks" or "shiny only". Why couldn't they make a pop up bar that the other person could read instead?

People on the gts asking for pokemon we cant trade them (arceus, manaphy, mew, deoxys, darkrai, shaymin, meloetta, and pokemon in cherish balls. Especially those level 21-30 dog trio that are hard to get unless you deposit a rare shiny).

It really wasn't thought out much was it

ImmortalMewtwo

Hibernate in Celadon
Might be off-topic, but I found out the calculation for the allocation of Pokémiles when you do a trade etc. (I did math)

where d = Distance between you and trader (geologically)
p1 = new pokémiles total
p2 = old pokémiles total
d / ( ( p2 + (p1 - p2) ) - p2)

The calculation will normally work out to be 62-63, with rare cases of 50-ish. 1 Pokémile = 62 miles (100 kilometers)

Homeboy

I'm late to the party. The last game I played was Heart Gold and before that was FireRed, however, I only completed FireRed in the same manner as I had done numerous times in the original Red game. I didn't understand anything about breeding, natures, etc. So, when I played Heart Gold I felt completely lost outside of the mission of defeating the gym leaders and beating the Elite 4. I stayed away from the game after that simply because I didn't understand any of the newer elements. Also, because I really didn't know much about the new Pokemon. Heck, I used an Action Replay to start the game with a Charmander! So, randomly I picked up Pokemon Y a few weeks ago, spur of the moment type of deal, and I'm enjoying everything I'm learning about how "complex" and competitive Pokemon games actually are. Anyways, I recently learned about Friend Safari and I have no one else's Friend Codes. I'm simply just looking for people to add to my list. My FC is 0490-7346-4492.

Status
Not open for further replies.