• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klay

Titan Tamer
Looking for people for the friend safari
Here's my friend code: 2638-0701-7931

PM me youre code thanks!

9210ste

I need someone to record ditto on the friend safari

My FC is:2895-7430-6141

please help me i give spiritomp,lampet,?????

GildedScizor

The drinking bird

Rakurai

It's come to my attention that Japanese players have a rather different way of labeling Pokemon that have flawless IVs, usually abbreviating it as a bunch of seemingly random letters with a V at the end.

I've found the ones that label the Pokemon that they're trading on the GTS in this fashion rather then simply stating it has *insert number* V's tend to be telling the truth.

devilry

Hey guys, I'm giving away 31/31/31/x/31/31 jolly early bird Kangaskhans, if anyone is interested. I'm trying damn hard to get a scrappy one, and I have far too many early birds >.>

If anyone is interested, maybe give me another pokemon with 3 or 4 max IVs in return? That's pretty damn easy to get.

EDIT: OMG YES YES YES I GOT A 31/31/31/X/31/31 JOLLY SCRAPPY KANGASKHAN THE VERY EGG AFTER I POSTED THIS. THERE'S SUCH THING AS KARMA IN THIS WORLD GUYS.

Last edited:

VincentD

After finishing most of the game's storyline. I decided to check out the PSS, and with the Global Trade.
I'm shocked to see that so many people are asking for legendaries or as of yet unobtainable pkmn (as far as I know).

Looking for a Houndour (since I have Y) I only came across 2 people that offered a reasonable trade. Though I
still had no luck since one wanted a Graveler (which I do have) that was, and I quote: "very strong"
He specified the level to be 30-40. Too bad, my Graveler is lv. 45...
The other person wanted another X exclusive pkmn, so I lucked out.

Just randomly searching I came across other really bizarre trades: scizor for cyndaquil (and since the pkmn bank isn't
released yet, I wonder how anyone could get a cyndaquil yet)
Scizor for Zapdos (even with the option to disable the special pkmn, Zapdos is apparently not classified as a 'special')

Randomly going about in the GTS is just not lucrative. These ridiculous demands are simply bizarre.

Zeuqe400

Scientist
Looking for friend codes, I have chanseys if your interested

FC: 2621-2658-3793

PM me if you want to exchange friend codes

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
Just randomly searching I came across other really bizarre trades: scizor for cyndaquil (and since the pkmn bank isn't
released yet, I wonder how anyone could get a cyndaquil yet)
Scizor for Zapdos (even with the option to disable the special pkmn, Zapdos is apparently not classified as a 'special')
You can search and request Pokémon you haven't seen now. There's an option at the end of the alphabet that says "What Pokémon?" that allows you to manually type in the Pokémon you're looking for/requesting.
As for the "special Pokémon", I belive only Pokémon that are banned from official tournaments and battle facilities are considered "special Pokémon" (i.e. Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde).

vedil

I do liek mudkipz.
The thing that bugs me the most about wonder trade...

When I give out decent pokemon, I always get crap. It's really annoying. But then! I trade the "crap" back, because I have no need for it... and then get decent Pokemon for it. Makes me feel bad.

I really wish people stopped putting up low level common mons on there... stuff like monkeys, pidgeys, etc. I am fine with Scatterbugs because of the whole Vivillon deal.

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
FC: 2981-6601-8233. Mainly for dex completion, but I'm also lonely

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
I tend to be as generous as possible over wonder trade by giving a pokemon that is rare to catch or let it hold a a random item like an evolution stone, as a gesture of generosity to the reciever! I may or may not get something worthwhile in return, but the mystery is part of the fun of it!

On a side note, i'm quite ecstatic that I won in a random matchup after suffering quite a few losses. It was close, but I managed to pull a victory out of it, which i almost never do!

Last edited:

Geo152

LF> Buddies for friend safari! Make sure you leave a message so I know to add you as wll

FC:0189-8573-9833

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Do you mean if I haven't seen the pokemon personally?

Just to add, what Excitable Boy meant is that you have to be able to see the person on your PSS, in other words, both of you must be online at the same time at least once.

Status
Not open for further replies.