• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Playing as the character opposite your gender

Necro101

I play the boy the girl I don't realy give. If I feel like the guy looks like a retard (pointing and DPP) I play with the girl. And if I have both games I play a guy in one and a girl in the other.

RAWK ON

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I occasionally do that. But more often, my brother does that than I do. I don't mind playing as a girl in any of the series (main series, mystery dungeon, ranger.. etc). But I really think I should stick with playing as a guy because, well, for practical reasons.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
I haven't played with the female character but if I did I would name them Jayonna or Audrey (I really like those names! ^_^)

Weedy Spyze

I always play as the male character, mostly because I'm a guy myself and I hate most of the girls' designs. The only game I can think of that I played and finished the game as the female character was Crystal.

3D992

The Living Hologram
I'm a guy and I usually play as a guy. I like BW2's girl design but I'll probably be a male anyways. Well, actually since I'm getting both versions I'll be a guy on one and a girl on the other.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
I really didn't get a choice when I was playing Pokemon Colosseum and XD, since you can only be a guy. I didn't mind though. Wes is epic.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I usually go back and forth between playing the guy and the girl. As I'm a girl (don't let my Cilan avatar fool you :p ), I always play the girl first, but I switch to the boy with a later game. Right now, for instance, I'm shiny hunting for wingull with Brendan on my Ruby and May on my Sapphire.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I've played as both genders before. I usually pick whichever one I like more. (Playing as the girl in B2/W2. I hate the guy's hairstyle!)

I've stopped naming the PC after myself after a main character (Not a random NPC) in the game shared my name, and I didn't really like him either.

MagmaGruntTéa

Girl with the 3DS
I always do guys. Why?....Don't know. Then I name them their Japanese names. I'm weird.

Lt Steel

The Steel Curtain
I usually choose guy, and name him after a metal. I'm a big Steel-type fanatic. =D

....But the new male in BW2 looks like he REALLY needs a haircut. Needless to say, i won't be choosing him.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I did that in White. :D

I played as the boy :D Just cuz I wanted ta lol

But, in White 2 (or Black 2?), i'm gonna be the girl again (AKA, my 'gender' irl) :) Well, assuming I can get better control over my depression over cuteness to some degree by then...(being an aspie is tough :|)

I did in emerald and saphire when I was younger, I might do it in BW2, because I don't really like how the male character looks.

200px-Black_2_White_2_Kyouhei.png

I always pick the male character (my gender). I don't want people to think i'm perverted :p