• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Playing pokemon - How old are you?

So, how old are you?

• Under 20.

Votes: 247 58.3%
  • 20 - 30.

Votes: 164 38.7%
  • 30 - 40.

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • 40 - 50.

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 50+

Votes: 6 1.4%

• Total voters

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
20 here! Been playing since 2000 or 2001 (good old days of Silver) and will probably play it until they keep making new generations and I'm able to afford them. No one can ban me that pleasure!

Cherche

Banned
I'm 23, soon to be 24 in February, been playing since the day the Pokemon Green (Japanese Version) came out, so about 16 years or so.

Oao

Wow a lot more people in their 20s than I expected. Im 20 started in the early 2000s and still love playing the games.

I just recently moved into that 20-30 range unfortunately.
I don't ever wanna grow up, I miss being a kid and playing pokemon and not having a care in the world.

TwitchyAssTaillow

I'm 23. I honestly don't believe in an age limit in this game. When I was a kid, I had no idea what EV's or IV's were and how they even worked until I got into High School. This game contains pretty complex formulas that I couldn't understand as a kid, and even as an adult there are still things that make my head spin.

And let's be honest, even kids play games that are "meant" for mature players.

I'm 11. I started playing pokemon when I was 6, but got frustrated so much that I reset because I couldn't get to the fifth gym leader in Pearl.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
i'll be turning 21 in a month. Started playing in 1998 when I was 7.

It really annoys me when my parents say "why are you into Pokemon, its a kids game, I wish you would grow up and get out of Pokemon, its dumb." I wish people were more accepting of it as a video game for all ages. Kinda makes me feel like an outcast in my own home...I can't help liking a good game.

Vestara

Upper-mid twenties. I've been playing since the original R/B/Y and haven't stopped. I make no apologies: and no one should have to. They're fun, well-designed games that have a social component. As our generations get older, older gamers will become much more of a norm. For now, we just get to grin and bear it (and hang out in supportive communities, like Serebii).

SpeedDeoxys

Am I wrong here?
I'm 11 years old. Funny thing is, I have Pokemon Blue and it was made before I was born. lol Now I play Black 2. Deserves 6 out of 5 stars!

Bunches

Grass PKM Trainer
I'll be 21 next month and I can't see myself stopping any time soon.

Thriller

Its almost time
How have I not broken from this stupid curse?

Oh well, I'm likely not getting Pokemon XY. So I hope White 2 will be awesome.

Gonna be 27 in June btw.

Zeb

Bisasam

Bulbasaur
I'm 20 years old, however I only started being a Pokémon fan in 2008 when I bought Pokémon Pearl (and my first owned Pokémon game was Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team).

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
Well, Right now ,I'm not playing pokemon because I don't have a DS or a 3DS. I miss my old times.