• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Playing pokemon - How old are you?

So, how old are you?

• Under 20.

Votes: 247 58.3%
  • 20 - 30.

Votes: 164 38.7%
  • 30 - 40.

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • 40 - 50.

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 50+

Votes: 6 1.4%

• Total voters

Aura Guardian Ash

Aura Guardian
I'm 20, going to be 21 next month, and Pokemon is just a symbolic figure for me during my childhood and I will never stop loving it no matter how old I get.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
OVER 9000 years old.........kidding obviously im 21 and still young and handsome :D

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
I'm 16. Been playing since 3rd gen.

Super Llama

Aussie Poké Trainer
Turning 16 in a couple months, when I was 4 I'd play my sister's Blue while she was at school. First game I owned for myself was Ruby though.
I kinda quit the series after playing Diamond and went through the whole 'It isn't cool to play Pokémon' phase, but then my sister bought me Soul Silver and that really pulled me back into the series. First time playing the game I got a shiny Totodile; perhaps Elm wanted to give me a sort of 'Welcome Back' present. xD

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I turn 21 on Monday. Also, the age ranges are poorly chosen, there's obviously many more teenagers and young adults on this forum.

??????

That guy.
I'm 19 and Pokemon X&Y has me so f*cking hyped you have no idea

I should be over it by now but...X AND Y DAMN CHESPIN IS AWESOME

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
I'm 20, turning 21 in April. I was thinking earlier, "Man, am I still going to be playing Pokemon when i'm forty? Because that's going to feel kind of weird." If the franchise is still around and kids are still playing pokemon, then I am going to go around challenging little kids to pokemon battles and destroying their team of legends.

Cheez Puf

Just lurking.
I'm 20, been playing since the first generation.

I'm 20, turning 21 in April. I was thinking earlier, "Man, am I still going to be playing Pokemon when i'm forty? Because that's going to feel kind of weird." If the franchise is still around and kids are still playing pokemon, then I am going to go around challenging little kids to pokemon battles and destroying their team of legends.

I'm right there with you.

POKEMON TILL I DIEEEE!!!

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I'm 28, almost 29, and I have no plans on quitting the game anytime soon :)

Yata

The Prophet
I'm 22, been playing since Red and Blue came out. The anime may be hype for little kids, but the Games provide some of the most complicated strategy and monster raising gameplay IMO.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
I just turned 18 a few days ago and I've played all the generations (in order), but I think I started after gen 2 was out. Not positive though. And I'm thoroughly astonished at the huge number of people over the age of 21 (being as I always considered myself a far outlier on age of playing pokemon) who love to play pokemon over the internet (as in I find them over the internet, not just here or even on this forum but on other sites as well). All 117 (that answered the poll here) of you rock! It's really awesome, just wish I could actually meet some of them/you since it seems almost impossible. Still, that said, I find it very hard to believe that the 5 people who answered "50+" are telling the truth. If it was you and you wish to object, though, feel free to give me a convincing rant or whatnot lol.

Last edited:

Cronkr

Pokemon Breeder
I'm 21 and have played since gen 1 (Special Pickachu Edition for the win). If I ever outgrow these games (...unlikely) I have two nephews that will see the pokemon way of life when they get older, lol.

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
19, and one of the, if not, the, biggest Pokémon fan in Bangladesh. :D
'Pokémon is for kids'. Oh I get that so much. Then I introduce them to the games and the manga and they start loving it as much as I do. <3

*Looks at the poll results*
I wonder exactly how many here are 50+ years old. :p

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
I am 25...I hope I'm not the oldest person there..