• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Playing the Leveling Field (561)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This episode was pretty good. I'm glad they gave Fantina a French accent: it would be pretty lame if she didn't have one. And Drifloon! I love them so much. But I never realized they had mouths. Still, Fantina's is pretty beastly. And her Mismagius too, wow.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Fantina was very lively and charismatic in this episode and my favorite scene was when her Drifloon evolved and how strong its Hypnosis was. :)

Tho I liked how Fantina's Drifloon evolved here, I thought that its Hypnosis attack was way overpowered since one shot and it made Ash's pokemon incapacitated. No wonder Ash had to resume training again. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I didn't mind that Ash had to begin training to counter Hypnosis, because God knows that he had won his 4th Sinnoh badge way too easily and needed a challenge. :p

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I didn't mind that Ash had to begin training to counter Hypnosis, because God knows that he had won his 4th Sinnoh badge way too easily and needed a challenge. :p

I guess that Fantina's toughness with her ghost types here served a purpose in getting Ash to think more strategically, tho I still felt that Hypnosis was unfair. Ash had already faced that move before too, so it's odd how crippling it was now.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I guess that Fantina's toughness with her ghost types here served a purpose in getting Ash to think more strategically, tho I still felt that Hypnosis was unfair. Ash had already faced that move before too, so it's odd how crippling it was now.

Eh, Fantina was clearly really good at utilizing moves, seeing as she beat Zoey here as well, and we saw the flashback of her winning against that one CotD Probopass kid, too.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Eh, Fantina was clearly really good at utilizing moves, seeing as she beat Zoey here as well, and we saw the flashback of her winning against that one CotD Probopass kid, too.

I suppose that's a good point. Zoey's Glameow losing to Fantina's Mismagius was kind of awkward to me tho since Zoey owned a Misdreavus and should've known how to counter ghost type attacks I think. I liked Alan's cameo however. :]

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I suppose that's a good point. Zoey's Glameow losing to Fantina's Mismagius was kind of awkward to me tho since Zoey owned a Misdreavus and should've known how to counter ghost type attacks I think. I liked Alan's cameo however. :]

Zoey's loss made me cackle, actually. She was such a goody two-shoes, so I was happy when she got put in her place. Idk why Jessie used her reporter disguise, though. Why not dress up as Jessilina?

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was pleasant to see Nozomi again, even if it was mainly a way to showcase how strong Melissa's Mumage was. Learning about Melissa's Contest skills was amusing, since she proved that she could do multiple things at once even as a Gym Leader. Fuwante beating Buoysel and Hikozaru was neat, and I loved how Musashi was studying Melissa's strategies on video.

Daizy

I call you honey
Ash and Fantina looked deformed, with Fantina's animation suffering it the most. It's bad enough she has a weird design. And wow, Ash got beaten. I hope this isn't indicative of the actual Gym battle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I wish that Hikari had gotten more time to observe Melissa's strategies since she had more to learn from watching Melissa than Satoshi did in this episode.

Zamin

This was a cool episode. Drifloon was so bad ass and it was cool to see it evolve.

It's a shame Ash lost here but I look forward to the rematch ;)

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Not a bad introductory episode for Fantina. I liked that they showcased a variety of ways in which her pokemon use their attacks. It’s cool to see a normal type (Glameow) and a ghost type (Mismagius) battling because their types cancel each other, so they have to resort to other attacks. It was nice attention to detail that Fantina & James remembered characters who appeared previously in the anime. Too bad Dawn didn’t get to battle another gym leader, that would’ve been interesting as well.