• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Playing the Performance Encore (630)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Double Battle! VS Plusle & Minun!

Now the appeals are over, it is time for the main part of the Pokémon Contest. After ending up against her rival Ursula, Dawn faces a fight against her fears when Ursula uses Plusle & Minun, the two Pokémon that caused her issues when she was a child. Will Dawn be able to overcome her fears and defeat Ursula?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So, Dawns wins her 5th ribbon by defeating Ursula in the final.

Here are two pics of Jessie after she lost.

[IMG139]http://i46.*******.com/5lykvm.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i46.*******.com/qyegxw.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great contest & battles. I loved the battle between Ursula and Jessie, it was the best in my opinion.
The last battle was good, Mamoswine and Cyndaquil did a great work, now Dawn has 5 ribbons.

JD

Dawn barely one two of her battles in this contest against the Cotd with the Mighteyena and Houndoom and Ursula. Anyone think Jessie might get all depressed like Dawn did she looks like she took the lost pretty hard also it looked Like Plusle and Minun used Encore a few times.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Jessie seemed to have gotten over her loss pretty quickly. She was a good enough sport to support Dawn in the Finals and after.

Here we go ...

- Wow. They're getting Jessie out there early.
- Ursula's tactic is to buff her Pokemon before attacking.
- Apparently Dawn's combo attack isn't perfected yet.
- The finals. Already? Why can't they all start this early?
- Oh look. Her hair's messed up. Now she's lost her power!
- Ah. False alarm.
- 30 second warning and Ursula's up by two thirds.
- Here it comes *Cue Dawn's theme instrumental* ...
- Oh. It worked this time.
- That was one heck of a comeback wasn't it?
- Dawn's in the Grand Festival. Daijobu.
- Ursula promises a rematch ... at the FESTIVAL.

Not at all sure about this but I'll try anyway.

Ursula's Plusle and Minun

Their abilities are " Plus " and " Minus " respectively. (Activated while Jessie was preparing to attack.)

Helping Hand (The Pom Pom attack. Used after Plus and Minus activated.)
Charge Beam (The long range attack they aimed at the ground.)
Encore (The attack they used before the break.)
Spark (You really can't miss this one.)

Helping Hand's the one I'm not sure about.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder when Togekiss comes in? Bet it will be rather random.

P.Pochama

Banned
Maimosine lerned Powe45rsnow

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Dawn barely one two of her battles in this contest against the Cotd with the Mighteyena and Houndoom and Ursula. Anyone think Jessie might get all depressed like Dawn did she looks like she took the lost pretty hard also it looked Like Plusle and Minun used Encore a few times.

Well the battle vs Mighteyena and Houndoom was very short. Jessie was very poor, she gave a great fight but Ursula was just smarter than her. I think that Jessie stil needs to do contests after all.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Okay, so unless Jessie can win two more ribbons within the next ten or so episodes then I don't know how she can be in the Grand Festival now... I really didn't think Dawn would manage this one for that reason, as well as the Jasmine possibility and thinking Ursula needed a win against her.

But can't complain- 'bout time Mamoswine got a victory in. I think this is the longest ever gap between a pokemon joining the main cast and actually winning a major battle for its trainer (78 episodes- that's a hell of a long time)

Dax

Legend
Amazing episode.

Dawn's combination of Mamoswine eating Ice Shard surrounded by a ring of Swift with Take Down has been one of my favorite combinations ever. It really looked beautiful but at the same time cool.

Lol @ Mamoswine's hair being like Dawn's. That was clever.

Dawn really went beyond my expectations this episode. She really is an amazing coordinator. She made Mamoswine and Cyndaquil look so compatible even though they have size and type differences.

It was about time. She needed and deserved that ribbon. Can't wait for the Grand Festival!

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Okay, so unless Jessie can win two more ribbons within the next ten or so episodes then I don't know how she can be in the Grand Festival now...

Simple. Now that Dawn is finished, we can see shots of the next 2 side contests that Jessie can win. I'm pretty sure there will be a contest in Sunnyshore without Jasmine, and Jessie will win here while Ash fights Volkner. Sure they'll reuse the concept from Hearthome, but it was a great concept to begin with.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Good episode but if piplup is a boy why was he wearing a skirt?

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Great episode. We all expected Jesse to lose and that she did, and the battle had to be a fast one because the main battle between Ursula and Dawn was the main event of the ep. That battle then, it was great to see Dawn make her comeback with so little time left. She used great skills as a co- ordinator in the end. It was beautifully made and she deserved her fifth Ribbon.

JohnLee

Awesome episode!

Jessie was the shocker for me in this contest. Her combos were very well thought out and looked amazing! If she wouldn't have been facing Ursula then she would have won that round hands down. Definitely shows how much she has improved as a coordinator. No matter how many times Dawn got knocked down, she kept getting back up. She really went all out with mamo and cynda! Her ice/fire rocket combo was pretty epic. She deserved to win. On to the Grand Festival!

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well one think i didn't like in this episode is that the writers seemed to totally forget that Mamoswine is a part Ground type pokemon. The way it was getting damaged by Plusle's & Minun's "Charge Beam" & "Spark" made me think that Mamoswine has suddenly become a Ice type only (instead of a Ice-Ground type).
Well i can't really complain here since this isn't the first time the writers have done something like this.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I noticed some random trainer owned a Togetic in this episode during the quick 1-shot battles.

Misty fans = owned. The Togepi line is now no longer rare it seems.

Cobalt_Latios

Amazing episode.

Dawn's combination of Mamoswine eating Ice Shard surrounded by a ring of Swift with Take Down has been one of my favorite combinations ever. It really looked beautiful but at the same time cool.
And the funny thing is, I just watched the dub episode involving Palmer. Where Ash accidentally does that same thing with Grotle.

Wow, talk about reverse engineering.

Dawn really went beyond my expectations this episode. She really is an amazing coordinator. She made Mamoswine and Cyndaquil look so compatible even though they have size and type differences.

It was about time. She needed and deserved that ribbon. Can't wait for the Grand Festival!
Looks like I'm going to have to check this out.

C_L

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Amazing episode, best contest one so far. Mamoswine and little Cyndaquil did great, plus Minun and Plusle really are a great combination, I wanna know what moves they were using to fly in the air.