1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Playing the Performance Encore (630)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors' started by Serebii, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Hikari's race to attain her fifth Shinou Contest ribbon was heart-pounding from my perspective, because Urara's Prasle and Minun put up a great effort. They nearly won the Contest match, although I was glad when Hinoarashi's and Mammoo's teamwork finally came through successfully.

2. Vulpicks

Vulpicks Well-Known Member

Wow, Jessie was good, like, really good! I was genuinely surprised! Dawn and Ursala too, the appeals and battles in the contests have been escalating more and more, which is really exciting to watch, and gives a real sense of growth to the characters.

I felt so bad for Dawn when she got her hair messed up... Also Encore is OP lol. The way Dawn countered it was stupid, but I'll let it slide because what else could you possibly do to counter that in a contest battle once it hits you?

MockingJ likes this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I now wonder if Urara was merely given a Prasle and Minun in this Contest as a way of unnerving Hikari, or if it was also done to make Hinoarashi and Mammoo's victory easier given their inexperience.

4. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Jessie kinda got cheated because Ursula's win over her was too cheap. Dawn vs Ursula was great. I liked that Ursula made Dawn's hair sparkle to try and embarrass her and make her lose.

5. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

Ursula's Encore strategy was very original for the show, so I'll give her that. She tried to stop Dawn's own Contest combo moves from working here, though her psychological warfare was still her greatest advantage.