• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Playing the Performance Encore (630)

Aioros

Someone knows how many battles does Ursula has? I want to see her at GF with Jessie too!!! but i think the sinnoh contest are going to end soon? Am i right?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Someone knows how many battles does Ursula has? I want to see her at GF with Jessie too!!! but i think the sinnoh contest are going to end soon? Am i right?

Battles? She fought Dawn before and Dawn won, she fought Jessie and won, and several other trainers and won. She lost to Dawn again this time.

What do you mean by Contests ending? I'm not sure if they close after a certain amount of time before the GF starts.

The animation in this episode was great! But that's because it's a Contest episode, those always get privileges.

Aioros

I mean how many ribbons does she has? Sorry i had a short circuit in my mind LOL

With contest endings i mean if Ursula and Jessie could enter to GF, i don´t know if still remain contest to participate, i want to see this two girls there.

Last edited:

NES

Flip me to the side!
He is asking (i guess?) if both Ursula and Jessie can qualify to the GF. Which i believe they do.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid

Well after this lost Ursula doesn't seems so sad. I guess there are more contests after but I don't sure. this contest might be the last as well.

dman_dustin

Hmm, I think people don't know how contests work.

How does it make any sense that a Pokemon would use the same move over and over and over, and expect the points to lower, lower, and lower.

How is that appealing if a Pokemon uses swift for the whole match and somehow wins over someone who actually changed up their routine?

When Dawn got her act together she was doing something different every time. While Ursula just relied on Spark.

HoennMaster

After watching, Ursula relying on Spark got annoying, but a good episode none the less. Now I know the location of the Grand Festival has now been revealed, but I still can't believe they didn't tell Dawn.

Last edited:

randomspot555

Ok, first off, good episode.

Now, onto:

Ursula: Paul's a character I don't like but don't hate. He's not trying to destroy his opponents. He just doesn't care. Ursula, however, is just a complete jerk. So I'm glad to see her lose.

THAT being said, until Dawn pulled off Flame Ice at the last minute, I was convinced that Dawn was going to lose. And I'd be ****** because the entire time the writers gave her lucky break after lucky break. It was ridiculous.

Also, game mechanics. I've accepted that game mechanics aren't consistent from arc to arc, or even from one episode to the very next episode. But for Arceus' sake, if you're going to show how ENCORE works, then at least show that Mamowine, a ground type, is not going to get destroyed by Electric attacks. I could MAYBE handle Mamoswine taking a little damage, but it getting absolutely destroyed by Spark and Charge Beam, it's just a blatant show of favoritism. It didn't help that Gible's ground typing a few episodes earlier showed him being immune to Pikachu's Thunderbolt.

TLDR nerd rage: Be consistent with game mechanics for ONE EPISODE.

It seems like the writers love to have abilities and support moves help rivals, but the main characters have to get by on their own skill.

I seriously hope Ursula and that Johto girl can rot in horrible-anime-character-Hades and are never heard from again.

XX_SinnohCoordinator_XX

No need to worry!
Fith Ribbon? She's got four.

XX_SinnohCoordinator_XX

No need to worry!
Fith Ribbon? She's got four.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ok, first off, good episode.

Now, onto:

Ursula: Paul's a character I don't like but don't hate. He's not trying to destroy his opponents. He just doesn't care. Ursula, however, is just a complete jerk. So I'm glad to see her lose.

THAT being said, until Dawn pulled off Flame Ice at the last minute, I was convinced that Dawn was going to lose. And I'd be ****** because the entire time the writers gave her lucky break after lucky break. It was ridiculous.

Also, game mechanics. I've accepted that game mechanics aren't consistent from arc to arc, or even from one episode to the very next episode. But for Arceus' sake, if you're going to show how ENCORE works, then at least show that Mamowine, a ground type, is not going to get destroyed by Electric attacks. I could MAYBE handle Mamoswine taking a little damage, but it getting absolutely destroyed by Spark and Charge Beam, it's just a blatant show of favoritism. It didn't help that Gible's ground typing a few episodes earlier showed him being immune to Pikachu's Thunderbolt.

TLDR nerd rage: Be consistent with game mechanics for ONE EPISODE.

It seems like the writers love to have abilities and support moves help rivals, but the main characters have to get by on their own skill.

I seriously hope Ursula and that Johto girl can rot in horrible-anime-character-Hades and are never heard from again.

Did you also see that Togetic get hit by a Shadow Ball?

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I just got finished watching this I think that Ursula should have won in the end.

TeddiUrsa

Yawn...I really should be more active around here...so I will post my thoughts on semi-old episodes which I watched a few weeks ago, starting with one of the best DP contest episodes.

First of all I really like Urara. I wish the writers would have never invented Kengo and used Urara from the start...She spices up the contest arc a lot if you ask me.

- the battle between Musashi and Urara felt a bit cheap. Yeah, it looked awesome and I loved Musashi's performance, but the plot demanded a loss for Muashi and...bam. She lost.
Musashi's appeal from last episode and her contest battle performance felt superior to Urara's and Hikari's style yet she lost because P&M are just that powerful together.

I hope Musashi will kick some *** in the GF at least. Urara VS Muashi? Hell yes!

- After all of P&M's appearances without doing anything thrilling they finally get a long, battle centric episode to shine, it was nice to see them battle even with the cheap Muashi battle in mind.

- Without any switching around your Pokémon Encore really is broken in contest battles.
I wonder why Encore and Disable aren't standart contest moves already. Not everybody wants to exploit the broken contest rules like Urara I guess.

- Mamoswine and Cynda are easily the best thing since sliced bread on Hikari's team. I don't really like Buneary and its VERY limited movepool and Pachi isn't used much at all, so seeing Mamo and Cynda together is always charming to me.

Great animation, good battles and a rivaly that I was rooting for since DP started made this episode really entertaining. I am looking forward to the GF now, which was an event I rather wanted to be skipped a few months ago.