1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Playing With Fire! (273)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Master Quest' started by Serebii, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Playing With Fire!

After defeating Gary in the Silver Conference, Ash is put up against Harrison, a trainer from Hoenn. It is a tough 6 on 6 battle starting with Pikachu VS Kecleon, will Ash Manage to win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Mariob

Mariob Guest

I thought this was a pretty intense episode. It seemed like Harrison was going to win until Charizard. Sending him out obviously saved the match (to a point). What I think is wierd is how the anime doesn't always use type advantages. Like in this one, Bayleef v.s. Houndoom. [spoil]I know Ash won that one, but it still seems odd.[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2004
  3. meggirl63

meggirl63 Guest

That battle was a bit intense.

4. marilldude

marilldude Guest

This episode was a bit weird. After seeing Ash go so hard on Gary, why did he use such weak pokemon against Harrison? 8/10

;257; is the coolest in the episode

5. It's possible that some of the Pokemon Ash used in his battle with Gary were injured during the fight so it would be smarter if he didn't use them. Similar to what Harrison did with Blaziken after he defeted Ash and went on to the next round.

Anyway, it was a good episode and really focused on battling. Ash seemed really determined to win against Harrison and moving on to the next round that he got caught up in the battle and made some bad decisions on some of the Pokemon he sent out.

Overall Decent Episode 8.5/10

6. This episode is one of my favourite episodes (I watched it this morning, lol).

A full 6-on-6 battle which was totally awesome the whole way through! I think Noctowl should have been in the battle for longer as it wasn't in for very long (and Noctowl rox!), it was beaten by a Dig and an Iron Tail.

Snorlax was really REALLY good in this battle, it's Ice Punch against Steelix was a great way to get out of the Bind attack.

I love Totodile, it was SO good against Sneasel (I bet ya Sneasel didn't see that comin' lol). And everyone loved its dancing! Ah...I miss Totodile...

Bayleef was totally awesome! It was genius idea of Ash's to make Bayleef close Houndoom's mouth with Vine Whip....I miss Bayleef aswell!

Overall - 10/10
    This battle was totally awesome, all strategies were used and it was a fair battle (everything that happened actually could happen).
    I hope there are battles like this in the Hoenn League!

7. Tomahawk Man

Tomahawk Man Guest

Why does Hypno say "NO" after Harrison's orders, yet he still does the attacks. He tries to disobey yet he still obeys.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2005
  8. DarkWobbuffet

DarkWobbuffet BEEEEAAAARR!!!

Uh, that's how dub Sleeper talks. This was a joke right? o_O

Anyway, this was a really intense battle. It was nice to see Waninoko get a rematch against Nyula, after getting pWned when he fought it the first time. Yorunozuku got waisted way too quick and easy IMHO. That poor owl barely got any justice throughout the entire Johto arc, and this was just the kick in the teeth for it. Kaibagon made another great showing in this battle, once again beating two of the opponents. The strategy Bayleaf used against Hellger was pretty clever as well, using it's vines to stop it from using any kind of attacks whatsoever. I also enjoyed how they threw in Hellger knowing Counter attack, it was nice to see an egg move being used (besides Bayleaf's Vine Whip).

9. crawdauntpro

crawdauntpro darksidetrainer

I think that Ash should have used Squirtle instead of Noctowl against Steelix and won, then that way he could have beaten Houndoom and fought Blaziken for a bit before being took down.Bayleef could have tired it further then Charizard could have finished him off but it's all history now.

10. Ash hadn't registered Squirtle as one of this Pokemon for the battle so he couldn't have used it to battle Steelix. I think if Ash had just used Snorlax straight away he wouldn't have wasted Noctowl...

11. crawdauntpro

crawdauntpro darksidetrainer

Yeah, true enough. Noctowl should have been used against Blaziken if it was fast enough, it would have been after it had taken on Snorlax, Bayleef and Charizard, (hypothetically speaking of course).

12. Puffs

Puffs ...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!

Noctowl would wup Blaziken with Flying and Psychic moves.

13. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

I know that my two favorite highlights of the battle had to be the part where Pikachu caught kecleon's tongue and when Snorlax got mad at hypno for using dream eater on him. ROFLOL at the scared expression on hypno's face. At least Snorlax and Pikachu put up really good battles in the episode, but it's too bad that Bayleef's battle didn't last longer. At least she got the smackdown on houndoom, though. :)

14. Aptenodytes

Aptenodytes Well-Known Member

great battle and i loved watching every minute of it! 9.9/10

15. Metarock Sam

Metarock Sam Guest

What I dont get is why Blaziken practically beat Charizard (well they were equal strength) Due to type differentials Charizard shgould of won as he is part Flying and Blaziken is part fighting.

16. Hukuzo

Hukuzo Guest

I don't care much for the show, but I like these kinds of episodes. Charizard vs Blaziken was awesome.

17. One of the very best battles, period. Charizard VS Blaziken was obviously the best match

18. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

I don't like how they kept trying to shove 3rd gen Pokemon down our throats in the 2nd gen ._. It's still Johto after all.

19. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

nice episode, there was a specteculair battle going on this time.

20. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

It was a great episode!
    i loved watching it