• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Playing With Fire

Gray™

The following team is one of my most succesfull teams yet not only that it's also my most succesful Gym Team from when I was the Fire Gym Leader of the Official Serebii League.This team had a record of 90% wins in Gym Battles(note this was not my record as I used other teams that might have done slightly worse <.<)and I also peaked 1430 points on smogon(check the bottom of the post) but now that the league has closed I'm retiring this team before it loses it shine.

thumb_ninetales.jpg

Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SAtk / 168 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
My weather Inducer:Ninetales
Will-o-Wisp is for(Tyranitar and Terrakion) Rock types and Dragons that come in hoping to kill or set up on Tales while Hidden Power allows me to kill some Dragons right away(Example:Salamence,Dnite after Rocks damage...)

thumb_volcarona.jpg

Volcarona (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Rest
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
Sun abuser #1:Volcarona
On Sun Volcarona is a monster(well....it is a Pocket Monster anyway but you get the point).Quiver Dance boosts my Speed,Special Defense AND Special Attack and paired with Rest it allows me to to set up on bulky water like Gastrodon,Tentacruel,Politoed and beat Chansey/Blissey which is very cool.Fiery Dance allows me to hit hard(specially on sun) and getting some more boosts while sweeping. Bug Buzz hits Water Pokemons neutraly and its Super Effective against Tyranitar.
I know I'm not using the evs of the set but theres a good reason why.I don't want to.
thumb_venusaur.jpg

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SpDef)
- Growth
- SolarBeam
- Eathquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
My Sun Abuser#2:Venusaur
My main weapon against DD'ers.Thanks to Chlorophyll it's Speed its doubled and I dont have to wait one turn to use Solarbeam which makes it a terrifying late game sweeper.Solarbeam hits Water,Rock and Ground pokemons who usually are annoying since I'm running a Fire Mono and Hidden Power Ice usually catches Dragons off guard since they expect Hidden Power Fire.Earhtquake to kill Heatran which is a very common switch-in to venus thus letting me kill it.
thumb_heatran.jpg

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp
- Flame Charge
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
My Sun Abuser#3: Heatran
Heatran is my third Fire type and oh good is it usefull.After 1 Flame Charge it becomes a deadly weapon as it outspeeds every non scarfed pokemon in OU bar Deoxys-S who is usually used as a suicide lead.Fire Blast on Sun hurts even pokemons who resist it and wrecks anything that doesn't except ofc some special walls.Earth Power provides great coverage which is completed by Hidden Power Ice.

thumb_dragonite.jpg

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
My Physical attacker: Dragonite
Dragonite is ugly and thats a fact.However this is Competitive so instead of using it's beatiful pre-evo Dragonair(<333333333)I went with the power that Dragonite provides.Since it resists Water one of my main weaknesses I find it pretty easily to switch in to Dnite and dance for a bit.Earthquake will always KO Heatran who can become annoying to this team and Outrage pwns special walls like Blissey and Chansey who are VERY annoying.Fire punch ohko'es Scizor yayyy(pty)
thumb_donphan.jpg

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Aadamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
-Ice Sharder
My Spinner: Donphan
I used to have Dugtrio to set up rocks but after some thinking I decided to change Dug for Donphan since the team was very SR weak(also gives me something to lead against Sandstorm teams who usually lead with Landorus)
Rocks and Spin for the obvious reasons(hurt my oponent on the switch-ins and to fix my SR weakness).Earthquake to hit hit hard with stab and Ice Shard to hit those Dnites and Landorus hard.

Conclusion:
This team did great in most of my battles and in the ones that it didn't do so good it was my fault for playing like ****
Post a comment saying your opinion of the team keep in mind though that I've decided to retire it so changes aren't likely to happen.

3t5-1.jpg

Last edited:

Utopian

faults & feats
i see you copied a smogon RMT and used the same type of images =P well i recommend a spinner. gg.

Gray™

i see you copied a smogon RMT and used the same type of images =P well i recommend a spinner. gg.

actualy myles recomended me those pics
about the spinner yes it would be very helpful but that would mean lose a valuable pokemon as in this team Dugtrio>Donphan and Forry doesnt help me against Ttar or Heatran.I could take Venusaur or Dragonite but Water types would become a problem

Ilan

Didn't knew about power herb effect very smart idea!

on Dragonite I would suggest roost over earthquake... sure heatran is a problem but.. you have dugtrio and you can't just drop the amazing roost over the stoopid heatran.. outrage still hurt heatran at +1 it is like a base 90 attack (180/2) roost is good in any other ssituation (every situation except heatran...)

on heatran I would suggest hasty or naive nature to hit harder with flame charge for a little defense or sp.defense sacrifice (let's say... to KO a ferrothorn for example you won't use fire blast and have the risk of missing right?)

The rest seems fine I liked the team seems creative if you took some sets from someone better put some credit

seems like you looooooooooooove tyranitar

Utopian

faults & feats
actualy myles recomended me those pics
about the spinner yes it would be very helpful but that would mean lose a valuable pokemon as in this team Dugtrio>Donphan and Forry doesnt help me against Ttar or Heatran.I could take Venusaur or Dragonite but Water types would become a problem

lose volc IMO. and stick in hitmontop cus pro

CC + sucker punch + mach punch + rapid spin w/ technian rape

or you can use foresight + RS, which gurantees the spin, which is very useful on a sun team.

Gray™

even adamant heatran wouldnt ohko so i need fire blast i also need max spe and max spatk to outspeed and deliver maximum damage possible

about dnite roost is an option yes BUT without EQ heatran can survive on hit and kill me(thats how i deal with dnites) i could also use extremespeed but i find killing scizor more fun =D

about the power herb thing i was just tired of freaking politoeds>_>

edit:jets.....this is a fire mono...

Last edited:

Utopian

faults & feats
even adamant heatran wouldnt ohko so i need fire blast i also need max spe and max spatk to outspeed and deliver maximum damage possible

about dnite roost is an option yes BUT without EQ heatran can survive on hit and kill me(thats how i deal with dnites) i could also use extremespeed but i find killing scizor more fun =D

about the power herb thing i was just tired of freaking politoeds>_>

edit:jets.....this is a fire mono...

then now it's not. dur

Utopian

faults & feats
no.its still a fire mono

so your willing to keep it a fire mon despite the fact that you won't win as much battles as you can? okay then.

edit: tails | volc | heatran take out dnite, dur.

Last edited:

Gray™

so your willing to keep it a fire mon despite the fact that you won't win as much battles as you can? okay then.

edit: tails | volc | heatran take out dnite, dur.

If i take volc out i wont win nearly as much battles and if i take dnite and put hitmontop an opposing hetran is be faster and ohkoes if sun is up which is a problem because dugtrio is too frail to take hit without its focus sash
in short:if i take dnite hetran ****s as soon as dug loses 1hp and if i take volca well then latios and reun sweep me anytime of the match

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
Do you mind if I steal use your Ninetales set?

Otherwise, it seems like a pretty solid team. One thing that I might recommend is a ChestoRest set over your current Volcarona set. I find that it works better than substitute.

Gray™

Do you mind if I steal use your Ninetales set?

Otherwise, it seems like a pretty solid team. One thing that I might recommend is a ChestoRest set over your current Volcarona set. I find that it works better than substitute.

lol its not a completly new set i just gave it a different item
never tried the chesto berry i might try it

dildadonz

I think you should put hidden power electric on ninetails as gyarados can use volcarona, dugtrio, heatran as set up fodder. It's a common threat to sun team's.

Gray™

I think you should put hidden power electric on ninetails as gyarados can use volcarona, dugtrio, heatran as set up fodder. It's a common threat to sun team's.

even if i give tales hp electric 1+gyara will still outspeed me,if it has a sub solarbeam also breaks it and if i burn it and then let tales die i get a turn to set up with dnite

Blayd

Grrrr!
I agree with Jets, your team is quite stealth rock weak, so a spinner'd be very useful. That said, I can't really see what you'd replace XD

Victory

Banned
You could maybe replace Dugtrio with Donphan. He can spin and is quite powerful, but is a bit slow...

Gray™

You could maybe replace Dugtrio with Donphan. He can spin and is quite powerful, but is a bit slow...

the reason i use dug is really just to win weather wars against tyranitar if i use donphan ttar can switch and that makes the battle much more difficult