• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Playing With Fire

AB2

cake cake cake cake
um you're awfully stealth rock weak and rock weak in general to be honest. Running a rapid spinner would really help on this team. Unfortunately, it seems that you're forced to give up Dugtrio since it is pretty much the only member of your team that can "take" a hit from most common rock attacks. Donphan is probably the best choice for this team since your only rock resist is dugtrio, and although it still traps Tyranitar I still think that this team will be too frail. You're also 6-0ed by opposing Volcarona that happen to pack hp rock. The most simple solution would be to just run roar on Heatran to help this problem, but there isn't really much use being picky beyond that. I think it would be cool to try and run a different set on Venu to try and support a sweep for Volcarona. Currently, Volc has no way of getting past Heatran, so I think that it would be a great idea if you ran earthquake / hp ice / solarbeam / growth or synthesis on Venusaur. This allows Venu to lure and in ko what is Volc's most common switch in (specially defensive Heatran). If you feel like you need to run sunny day on something, just run it on ninetales. This will allow you to sunny day against common Tyranitar variants or weaker versions of Politoed. gl!

Utopian

faults & feats
Doesn't solar beam's power get reduced by 50% in rain/ sand. I'm not to sure

no........ dont even.. you only have 14 posts. -_-

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
good team, i played this once and won 3-0 iirc. team is pretty frail though.

PokeMaster366

What does someone's post count have to do with their skill in battling? Post count only tells you how many posts you have on the forum, but not how stupid your posts are. Flawed system is flawed; let's leave it at that.

Psycho Cut

Quality, not quantity. But yeah, I get your point ;)

Anyway, I'd say, contary to others' opinion, that you should keep Dugtrio, its revenge killing prowess is to valuabe to lose, especially on a sun team. If it wasn't a 3:3 mono, I'd say to replace heatran...

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
quite the team. tho, i would swap trio for somethin a bit better. maybe a bulky camurupt? holding enigma berry?

Zachmac

Doesn't solar beam's power get reduced by 50% in rain/ sand. I'm not to sure
Actually, last time I checked, Solar Beam's power is split. It's still super effective against Politoed, so it'll have 100 power.
quite the team. tho, i would swap trio for somethin a bit better. maybe a bulky camurupt? holding enigma berry?
I disagree. Camurupt sucks in OU, and, iirc, enigma berry is unreleased in gen 5.
Anyway, I'd say, contary to others' opinion, that you should keep Dugtrio, its revenge killing prowess is to valuabe to lose, especially on a sun team.
I, too, agree with keeping Dugtrio. Though once I think about it, Gliscor could also work, but is beaten by mixtar.

Last edited:

zerofield

i miss miror
okay, don't get rid of dugtrio... it destroys ttar and heatran easily, which are two major obstacles for a sun team. i do have a suggestion for a spinner though...

you could try an HP fire starmie over your current venusaur. it remains obscenely fast and able to take out dragons while adding spin support to the rest of your team. What you lose in offensive power by taking out venusaur is made up for by volc becoming many times more threatening.

Starmie@lefties
252 sp.atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
timid nature
natural cure
-HP fire
-ice beam
-rapid spin
-grass knot/thunderbolt

also, chesto rest>sub volc tbh

Zachmac

^Don't ever use a water type on a sun team. It's STAB is split in half, and the one you are suggesting doesn't even have STAB...Starmie is also out sped by +1 dragons, while +2 Venasaur isn't.

PokeMaster366

okay, don't get rid of dugtrio... it destroys ttar and heatran easily, which are two major obstacles for a sun team. i do have a suggestion for a spinner though...

you could try an HP fire starmie over your current venusaur. it remains obscenely fast and able to take out dragons while adding spin support to the rest of your team. What you lose in offensive power by taking out venusaur is made up for by volc becoming many times more threatening.

Starmie@lefties
252 sp.atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
timid nature
natural cure
-HP fire
-ice beam
-rapid spin
-grass knot/thunderbolt

also, chesto rest>sub volc tbh

You do know that Venusaur gets Chlorophyll, which DOUBLES his speed in sun. Just be glad that none of the DW starters are female...yet.

zerofield

i miss miror
^Don't ever use a water type on a sun team. It's STAB is split in half, and the one you are suggesting doesn't even have STAB...Starmie is also out sped by +1 dragons, while +2 Venasaur isn't.

i have used starmie in sun to great success. true, no STAB, but its a powerful offensive spinner and a further dragon counter. it also has acess to a grass move that can kill bulky waters, one of this teams problems, and starmie destroys most spinblockers. i am aware that +1 max speed dragons will outspeed/ko, but venus isnt exactly koing dnite through multiscale or ohkoing haxorus (i think.) and if something is locked into outrage, hp ice tran revenges easily...

You do know that Venusaur gets Chlorophyll, which DOUBLES his speed in sun. Just be glad that none of the DW starters are female...yet.

um, yeah... i know that... honestly, i would be suggesting this over heatran, but gray has made it very clear that this has to remain 3:3 fire. i'm just suggesting something that would provide more useful support to the team and that also outspeeds most of OU. that's all.

Last edited:

dildadonz

What about claydol as its a good rapid spinner as its immune to the spikes and resists stealth rock. It can also set up dual screens which will help setting up. It does wonders for bulky volcarona but heatran walls it. Claydol could use earthpower I think with STAB it has a high chance of killing heatran. Not to sure on what to give up.

Gray™

k guys my computer isnt working and im really lazy to respond all of your suggestions BUT i did read each and everyone of them and im considering some
when i get my computer fixed ill select the top 10(or 5 depending on my mood )and may change a thing or two
so far im thinking of: taking ab2's advice and about changing volcarona's set
id also like to thank you all for trying to help except gold because you only bragged about beating the team even tho by then i still wasnt aware of its weaknesses

George~©

All Gravy
Super offensive team is super and offensive.

This looks essentially like HO without a screen abuser. Which is bad. Your bulkiest pokemon is D-Nite, which after rocks damage can be KO'ed by anything running a decent Ice Attack/ Draco Meteor, and can't heal itself. Imo, you should use something for wish support, or switch up your DNite set to use roost.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Wow, you have a high ranking. Mabye sometime i should make a good team sometime. Great team, just needs a rapid spinner.

Gray™

Wow, you have a high ranking. Mabye sometime i should make a good team sometime. Great team, just needs a rapid spinner.

I'm updating the first post so all of you can see the changes
And thx^^
EDIT:UPDATED

Last edited:
Uhh.. Power Herb Ninetales? Not so sure it works like you say..

Solarbeam has 60 BP in Rain / Sand. Neither Tyranitar nor Politoed are even close to OHKOed by this. If your plan is to hammer incoming Pokes with a grass move in non-friendly weather you might as well just use Energy Ball and run Leftovers. Maybe run a more standard set, or just offensive max speed Timid could work (assuming you play Dugtrio well).

Gray™

Uhh.. Power Herb Ninetales? Not so sure it works like you say..

Solarbeam has 60 BP in Rain / Sand. Neither Tyranitar nor Politoed are even close to OHKOed by this. If your plan is to hammer incoming Pokes with a grass move in non-friendly weather you might as well just use Energy Ball and run Leftovers. Maybe run a more standard set, or just offensive max speed Timid could work (assuming you play Dugtrio well).

Actually...I've ko'ed every politoed I used Solarbeam on...with rain up...