• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Playing With Poison

Joe The Bow

Redstone Utilist
Please delete this thread; I no longer want to expose my team.

Last edited:

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
I would highly suggest the rather uncommon move Gravity, which you can give to Blissey. It will cause even those pesky flyers and levitators to feel the wrath of your Toxic Spikes.

The problem with Toxic Spikes in general is that not only do they not affect steels, but they also are removed from the field whenever a poison-type foe enters play.

Forretress is also the perfect opportunity for the foe to set up. If the foe sent out a Dragonite as a lead, it would be able to get in at least 3 Dragon Dances before you could actually deal it damage. Then it would 6-0 sweep your team. The whole strategy is basically an opening for a lead to attack your team, so I would seriously rethink the concept of sending out Forretress first to set up Toxic Spikes or even using Toxic Spikes at all.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Try an antilead instead of Foretress so you dont get set up on,or put Explosion and Normal Gem on it so you can actaully do something if you get set up on. Mismagious is best replaced by Sablye if want a Taunter,Gyarados should have Life Orb,and whats with Medichams EVs? did you mean Attack? not Special Attack

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
more steels types and you'll be fine

asterat

Banned
If your team is based off toxic spikes try abusing the move venoshock
The best user would he gengar or roserade in my opinion

Last edited:

asterat

Banned
thats a good suggestion but venoshock is very limited and risky

Limited? Not really, ther are some pokemon with a niche there. How is it risky? Yeah, steels but it is really powerful and very unexpected

Joe The Bow

Redstone Utilist
Forretress is also the perfect opportunity for the foe to set up. If the foe sent out a Dragonite as a lead, it would be able to get in at least 3 Dragon Dances before you could actually deal it damage. Then it would 6-0 sweep your team. The whole strategy is basically an opening for a lead to attack your team, so I would seriously rethink the concept of sending out Forretress first to set up Toxic Spikes or even using Toxic Spikes at all.

I see. Alright, Forretress shall not be my lead. I'll make sure all poison types are dead before setting up.

Try an antilead instead of Foretress so you dont get set up on,or put Explosion and Normal Gem on it so you can actaully do something if you get set up on. Mismagious is best replaced by Sablye if want a Taunter,Gyarados should have Life Orb,and whats with Medichams EVs? did you mean Attack? not Special Attack

Ok, I'll give Forretress Explosion. Once DW Sableye comes out, I'll use him.

more steels types and you'll be fine

What? I don't want my team to get scorched!

If your team is based off toxic spikes try abusing the move venoshock
The best user would he gengar or roserade in my opinion

Thanks, I'll add that.

asterat

Banned
Perhaps replace mismagius with g-gar?

Ihakasa

Entertain me.
Just like Azumarill, if you're going to abuse Huge Power, switch Medicham to Adamant (You can even give him Band, his base 80 speed isn't fantastic). And make sure Forretress stays alive to Rapid Spin entry hazards out for Medicham since its so frail, it'll be switching a lot anyway.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Rain teams will give this team nightmares,Rotom-W does away with a lot of this team and Tentacruel gets rid of your Tspikes. Also,Mismagious is a horrible Taunter,try a Thundurus to counter Rain teams and to abuse Prankster Taunt.

asterat

Banned
Abuse hex too!
Use gengar.... Hex = 150 power+ very good s
Ecial attack stat
Gengar@ focus sash/life orb
-Hex
-Giga drain
-focus blast
-venoshock
staying alive..... With giga drain and killing stuff

Joe The Bow

Redstone Utilist
Just like Azumarill, if you're going to abuse Huge Power, switch Medicham to Adamant (You can even give him Band, his base 80 speed isn't fantastic). And make sure Forretress stays alive to Rapid Spin entry hazards out for Medicham since its so frail, it'll be switching a lot anyway.
With a scarf, Medicham outspeeds a bucnh of things including a sandstorm Excadrill. I need it.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
I recomend custap berry on forretress. That way, you are guaranteed to get up two layers.

lucario-adict

Sh*ts goin down
one idea i kinda thought of when my friend was useing a toxic shuckle, was give a toxic orb to Reuniclus and teach it Facade, that way Facade is dbled, runiclus takes no damage cause of Magic Coat and your opponent cant poisn or parlz or brn you causeof the status condition

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
one idea i kinda thought of when my friend was useing a toxic shuckle, was give a toxic orb to Reuniclus and teach it Facade, that way Facade is dbled, runiclus takes no damage cause of Magic Coat and your opponent cant poisn or parlz or brn you causeof the status condition

Actually, that won't work because Reuniclus's attack is so puny. Reuniclus already doesn't take any damage from those statuses so it doesn't matter.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Cell Battery does not negate the damage from an electric move, which means that, to get the attack boost, you would need to survive a Thunderbolt, something that Gyarados simply cannot do.

The other problem is that your 2 psychics and 1 ghost make you very Dark/Ghost-weak.

The best thing you could do to fix this is replace Medicham with a Dark-type. Speed Boost Sharpedo is great, but if you want to keep a fighting type, the only option (and a good option at that) is Scrafty.

Joe The Bow

Redstone Utilist
2 psychics and 1 ghost make you very Dark/Ghost-weak.

The best thing you could do to fix this is replace Medicham with a Dark-type.

All 3 pokemon weak to ghost types outspeed almost anything. Medicham is not weak to dark, and I'd rather get banned from this site then replace her. Reuniclus is very bulky.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Fine. At least change your Gyarados's item, though.