• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Playstation All Stars Battle Royal thread

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Playstation All Stars Battle Royal (jeez, that's a mouthful! Let's just call it PASBR for all our sake), Sony's own version of Nintendo's very successful Super Smash Bros franchise, has been officially announced! Since it was just announced a few hours ago, there are barely any info so far. So instead, I want you all to speculate! Who do you think will make it in the game? What kind of stages can we expect? How many overall characters? Any kind of speculation is fine, but please don't start a flame war! I know that there are a lot of people here who already hates the game (this place has a lot of Nintendo fanboys due to this website being a Pokemon website), but please refrain from talking bad about this game! Just be happy that PS3 owners will get to play a game similar to the SSB games!
So, start speculating!!

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
PS.
Anyone who makes even such a slight negative remark to this game will be reported, no matter how small it is!!

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Isn't this what used to be (tentatively to be) called "Title Fight"? I liked that name better. It was a pun, but it was a worthy pun.

PS.
Anyone who makes even such a slight negative remark to this game will be reported, no matter how small it is!!

um

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Yeah, but Title Fight was just a nickname, just like how the Xbox 720's codename is Durango, Or it for PS4, and Project Cafe for what is now Wii U. Title Fight was just a working title.

As for the other one, I know that ALOT of people will call Sony not "creative", or copying Nintendo (like Nintendo was the inventor of EVERYTHING GAMING), so I gotta report everyone who makes fun of this because it will get out of hand

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I'm probably not gonna get the game for the very fact that's a Smash ripoff. And be glad that PS3 owners gets a Smash type game? The Wii is dirt cheap if you wanna play Brawl.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Official Announcement + Trailer

I'm not even remotely interested in this. Watching the trailer I realized that I haven't played many PS3 games in recent months. I fished the original God of War out the bargain bin around Christmas, but that's about it. So my biggest concern is not knowing the majority of the roster which has turned me off from Crossover Games before. Most of the characters I'd want to see there are over five years old and not really relevant to modern sony fans.

And Title Fight was a better name.

Edit:

[spoil]Tired, but did a preliminary list after flipping through Wikipedia.

First Party Characters

Spike (Ape Escape)
Kat (Gravity Daze)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
Ratchet (Rachet and Clank)
Cole MacGrath (Infamous)
Jak (Jak and Daxter)
A Wild Arms rep

Third Party Characters

Crash Bandicoot
Solid Snake
A Final Fantasy Rep (probably Cloud Strife from that game)
Lara Croft
Klonoa[/spoil]

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I shouldn't have been so surprised it looked like Super Smash Bros. But I was. WHY WAS THIS.

I almost expected them to do what Smash Bros did whenever someone was KO'd to the top and twinkle in the background

PS.

Why does it matter if we have a negative remark? If people don't like the game, why can't they say that they don't?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
PS.

Two things

1. you could have just edited your first post instead of double posting.
2. why the hell do you care if someone makes a negative remark?

How dare you try say that anyone can't post anything negative, it's their opinion and they are entitled to express that.

Jeez it just like that Toon Town thread all over again.

I'm probably not gonna get the game for the very fact that's a Smash ripoff. And be glad that PS3 owners gets a Smash type game? The Wii is dirt cheap if you wanna play Brawl.

This pretty.

The game just doesn't have the same wow factor that the Smash Bros series has nor does it stand out and show something new and different, so I don't have any interest in the game and properly won't buy it.

Unless they somehow get original Crash Bandicoot, i.e. the one that Naughty dog made and not the rubbish incarnation, in the game then maybe I might buy it.

I shouldn't have been so surprised it looked like Super Smash Bros. But I was. WHY WAS THIS.

I almost expected them to do what Smash Bros did whenever someone was KO'd to the top and twinkle in the background

Because Sony can't come up with something original and instead copies Nintendo.

Why does it matter if we have a negative remark? If people don't like the game, why can't they say that they don't?

Because SazandoraIsAwesome, oh the irony in that username, is so easily swayed by people's opinions. That he is worried that if someone say something negative he might believe them, instead of you know using his own brain.

Personally I like to believe that SazandoraIsAwesome believe in a dictatorship where everyone must agree with him or be punished.

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

Poor man's Super Smash Bros. It's even worse because Sony has shitty characters compared to Nintendo's Legendary, iconic roster. Every Nintendo character isn't just a character - they're a mascot. You see their picture and you instantly know who they are. That includes Pit, who hasn't had a game since the 90s but brand recognition caused Nintendo to bring him back. Only fanboys would be able to differentiate these guys. The title sounds like they couldn't decide on which subtitle to use so they just went with both, and the game itself looks really subpar. I know dark, gritty graphics are Playstation's modus operandi, but light and cartoony graphics suit battle royal games so much more. It's fun when you beat up your friends with a hammer, not a mech suit.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Watch as this thread gets locked for sounding so similar to SSB threads...

I mean.

I think it'll be an interesting concept to watch from the sidelines. Let's see if it ends up like that TMNT and weird Cartoon Network games.

Rezzo

Occasionally

What I was about to say has already been said. I also think that the PlayStation crew are much less memorable as a whole.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Unless they somehow get original Crash Bandicoot, i.e. the one that Naughty dog made and not the rubbish incarnation, in the game then maybe I might buy it.

^ How I felt about possibly using Spyro the Dragon. I don't want Skylanders Spyro no matter how ridiculously popular he is.

I guess that's the problem with Old VS New for three of the four big platformers (Crash, Spyro, Jak, and Sly Cooper). Sly has changed very little over all his incarnations but the same can't be said for the other three.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Poor man's Super Smash Bros. It's even worse because Sony has shitty characters compared to Nintendo's Legendary, iconic roster. Every Nintendo character isn't just a character - they're a mascot. You see their picture and you instantly know who they are. That includes Pit, who hasn't had a game since the 90s but brand recognition caused Nintendo to bring him back. Only fanboys would be able to differentiate these guys. The title sounds like they couldn't decide on which subtitle to use so they just went with both, and the game itself looks really subpar. I know dark, gritty graphics are Playstation's modus operandi, but light and cartoony graphics suit battle royal games so much more. It's fun when you beat up your friends with a hammer, not a mech suit.

Gee way to sound like a fanboy. Try asking a kid who is Captain Falcon or characters from Fire Emblem. Heck barely anyone knows who Game and Watch is nowadays. But I do agree with you that Nintendo's characters are more remembered by people. Considering most of Nintendo's franchise has been played by kids that are now adults and most of the Nintendo franchise is aimed at kids.

As for the copying, its to be expected. Its not like the game plays exactly the same as SSB with KOs and damage percentage. Not much information has come out about this game so I dunno why people aren't giving it a chance.

"Its a SSB knockoff" is a terrible reason not to play the game or give it a chance.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Gee way to sound like a fanboy. Try asking a kid who is Captain Falcon or characters from Fire Emblem. Heck barely anyone knows who Game and Watch is nowadays. But I do agree with you that Nintendo's characters are more remembered by people. Considering most of Nintendo's franchise has been played by kids that are now adults and most of the Nintendo franchise is aimed at kids.

As for the copying, its to be expected. Its not like the game plays exactly the same as SSB with KOs and damage percentage. Not much information has come out about this game so I dunno why people aren't giving it a chance.

"Its a SSB knockoff" is a terrible reason not to play the game or give it a chance.

"Knockoff." Kinda like how Guilty Gear is a Street Fighter knockoff just because they're in the same genre. Amirite?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I think I'm gonna play fanboy and agree with ForeverFlame. I mean look at the roster list that was posted so far.

Spike (Ape Escape) - No one has cared about Ape Escape since the PS1, much less know who the hell Spike is.
Kat (Gravity Daze) - I've never even heard of this game till now
Nariko (Heavenly Sword) - Yawn
Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet) - Okay I guess.
Ratchet (Rachet and Clank) - Great
Cole MacGrath (Infamous) - lol wut
Jak (Jak and Daxter) - Great
A Wild Arms rep

Honestly their first party list bar Jak and Ratchet are just random game characters that left absolutely no impact on anything. They're just not very memorable.

Third Party Characters.

Crash Bandicoot
Solid Snake
A Final Fantasy Rep (probably Cloud Strife from that game)
Lara Croft
Klonoa

They should just fill the game with 3rd party reps.

Rezzo

Occasionally

Having grown up with the PlayStation franchise way up until I got a Wii in '06, all I can say is that the characters aren't anywhere near as memorable or as recognisable as the Nintendo ones. As jb even said himself, I haven't heard of half the roster either.