• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Playstation Move

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Its the name for their motion controller. Its the controller that's supposedly more then a Wii remote. I though for one am not impressed. First look at these photos and tell me that doesn't look like they took freaking Wii ads and photoshopped the remote in.
http://kotaku.com/5490554/first-look-at-the-delicious-playstation-move-[update]/gallery/
Also the games look atrocious, in that for a PS3, I was not expecting this level of bad. Ah well at least Sony is trying......hardly.

Cobalt_Latios

Its the name for their motion controller. Its the controller that's supposedly more then a Wii remote. I though for one am not impressed. First look at these photos and tell me that doesn't look like they took freaking Wii ads and photoshopped the remote in.
http://kotaku.com/5490554/first-look-at-the-delicious-playstation-move-[update]/gallery/
Also the games look atrocious, in that for a PS3, I was not expecting this level of bad. Ah well at least Sony is trying......hardly.
DAMN YOU!!! I had just finished reading an article on IGN of the exact same thing!!

*simmers down*

*checks link*
Well... it does give us a better view of it.

IGN tries it out

Judging by what the editor had to say, it's obvious he wants this to be better than the Wii.

Honestly, I have to laugh at this. Not because it isn't good, but because of the fact that it's obvious both Sony and Microsoft want to copy Nintendo in some ways, this proves that Sony is "copying" them in every sense of the word. At least Natal is a different idea of "motion sensing" using the camera. This, is just too blatant a rip-off.

The names are even more amusing; PlayStation Move? PlayStation Move Subcontroller??

Not that I don't like the idea, I'm just not sure how to take this.

C_L

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Weird... But why would you want a Wii remote parody without the Nunchuk?

Zazie

So 1991
It may not be all that impressive, but I still think it's better than Natal. I don't think the Sony Move will do all that well but we may get a few good games out of it at least ofr those interested enough in buying it. Unfortunatley for Sony I think most of the target audience for the thing will just label it as a "Wii-mote ripoff" so I doubt it will expand their userbase much.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
It does have a Nunchuck-like controller called quite literally the " Sub-Controller ".

It seems like it's a case of " Too Little too Late " since this is being released so late in the game. You have to ask yourself what type of person would but a $100 Motion Controller Starter Kit without the console when they can just pony up another $100 and buy a Motion Controller with a Console. Yeah; they're bundling the Kit with a Console but it's certain whatever they have in there will still be more. Maybe they can market this towards people who already have a PS3. Then again you would think that people who have a PS3 but don't already have a Wii wouldn't be interested in that type of gameplay.

Since I already have a PS3 this would just be a matter of finding a reason to buy the dang thing for the price ... and buying another Motion Controller since I probably won't be playing whatever game I buy alone. I guess that's to say that Sony needs to release at least one really good game for the Move to even get it to move units because people don't want to play rehashed Wii Sports or whatever junk they have bundled with the thing.

Ape Escape might be it. Might not. I'm actually a fan of that series but they haven't had a game to write home about in years.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it's a clever trick, don't you guys notice it? on the first sight it may look like a classic case of console rip-off but if PS3 manages to make this thing big and succesful then this will force both nintendo and microsoft to come with new ideas for their consoles aswell if they want to remain in the competition.

however it's a risktaker, if sony fails to get this working then they'll lose much money, but if it's succeful then xbox or nintendo might have a hard time adepting.

Waldorf

ungrateful
(s.i.e) said:
it's a clever trick, don't you guys notice it? on the first sight it may look like a classic case of console rip-off but if PS3 manages to make this thing big and succesful then this will force both nintendo and microsoft to come with new ideas for their consoles aswell if they want to remain in the competition.

... What new ideas? The Wii already... has motion control.

As for this being a rip-off, yes, it's definitely a douche move from Sony, but that's just how business is. This isn't the first time Nintendo gets shamelessly copied in the video game industry, either.

The question is who is this really for. The Wii was targeted at demographics not generally considered as active video game players; these people were attracted by the novelty of the motion control, the accessibility of the Wii and the low price point of the whole package. On the other hand you have people willing to put down more money for their games, who probably bought a PS3 and/or X360 because, supposedly, that would be where the quality 'core' games would go this generation.

So now you have the Move, which is a Wii Remote for the PS3. You can't sell it to your grandma or your toddler cousin. The PS3's too big, too intimidating, too pricey, and if they already paid for a Wii why would they be willing to pay more for better graphics or smoother online? Clearly they're not that interested in video games.

On the other hand you have people who already have a PS3 and might be considering this. These seem to be the people who are going to carry the Move financially. One has to wonder just how well it's going to appeal to them, though, after half a generation of motion control being equalled to shovelware and aimless waggle.

Zazie

So 1991
This is the reason i hate sony, when the last time they came uo with their own ideals?

So when one company does something noone else is allowed to do it? If a good idea can improve how we play video games why not have more people implement it? Nintendo also created the d-pad are you saying no-other console manufacturer should use one? It does seem like Sony is just trying to grab a slice of the pie that they previously mocked Nintendo for, which is a rather jerk move in this case but the attitude of noone else can use my idea can hurt innovation in the long run.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
So when one company does something noone else is allowed to do it? If a good idea can improve how we play video games why not have more people implement it? Nintendo also created the d-pad are you saying no-other console manufacturer should use one? It does seem like Sony is just trying to grab a slice of the pie that they previously mocked Nintendo for, which is a rather jerk move in this case but the attitude of noone else can use my idea can hurt innovation in the long run.

i couldn't agree more with you glass eye but what you said to him is sadly won't matter to him, jb08045 is a nintendo fanboy, he has few to no experience with sony products and he's charmed by nintendo, he won't give a ****

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Between this, Natal and the Wii, I don't know which is more pathetic.

Natal is more than this basic motion sensor right though?
It better be. Like I said, Natal is attempting something motion sensing related, but at least they're making it different while keeping the same concept.

EDIT: Just saw the remote. GAHAHAHA WTF is that. :3
On the bright side (no pun intended... though, hard to avoid, unfortunately), they were smart enough to incorporate more buttons to it... granted, they'd get complaints if they didn't.

So when one company does something noone else is allowed to do it? If a good idea can improve how we play video games why not have more people implement it?
True, but it would be better if the company made an "effort" to sort of take the idea and make it work in their own way, as opposed to the situation here in where it looks ridiculously identical (sure, you could say that about the typical controllers, but they each have their own little quirks about them that makes them different).

Nintendo also created the d-pad are you saying no-other console manufacturer should use one? It does seem like Sony is just trying to grab a slice of the pie that they previously mocked Nintendo for, which is a rather jerk move in this case but the attitude of noone else can use my idea can hurt innovation in the long run.
Yes, Sony is now deciding to go with Motion Sensing, as is Microsoft, but they could have at least done something that didn't look like a blatant rip-off of the Wii remote. It's not that other consoles shouldn't try using a technology that made another successful, I think it's more in how the implement it that could have been done better. Natal does use some kind of cross between the eye toy and the Wii sensor bar, but at least it's taking two different concepts and making it work into something similar yet different.

I know it seems like I'm repeating myself, but that's what I'm gathering from this. Granted, until there are any actual "games" slated to be made with the peripheral, then I might have a change of heart as to whether or not they can utilize it effectively.

C_L

Cobalt_Latios

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
[IMG139]http://i41.*******.com/2n66czr.jpg[/IMG139]

Hm..........

Jb

Tsun in the streets
jb08045 is a nintendo fanboy, he has few to no experience with sony products and he's charmed by nintendo, he won't give a ****

Thats Funny, cause last time I check, im posting on this site using a PS3, I also brought MAG four days ago, and I traded in my wii last sunday to Preorder HG/SS, so what was u saying?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
^ Did jb08045 just own (s.i.e) there, or am I seeing things?