1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Playstation network crash going on, info about error: 8001050F

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by (s.i.e), Mar 1, 2010.

1. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

for you playstation users out here that makes use of the classic PS3 model, there has been a tiny little problem going on at sony causing an error called 8001050F that will restrict your connection with PSN and thus onlinegames, it damages some of the purchased themes, sets your internal clock + date back to 01/01/1999 and possibly removes some trophies off your list.

here's the article of it:

the only exceptions of this are the 120 gig version and 250 gig who appear to be working fine according to sony, anything below that has risk of getting this problem.
    rumor is that it's a calender bug that's causing this, some say that you can solve this by not using your PS3 for 24 hours but i cannot garantee it'll work.

source:
    http://www.buzzybloggers.com/headlines/8216/ps3-error-code-8001050f-sony-playstation-network-crash/

in case you have this problem on your PS3 don't worry because many people have it at the moment including me, the best thing option is to wait for the updates that will hopefully fix this problem.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  2. Poke_Mania97

Poke_Mania97 God of Fire

Omg this just happened on my mw2? How do i get it back?

3. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

we wait, as i mentioned in the OP the best option is to wait untill updates are released that will fix this problem, the connection to PSN may be gone but there is still an internetconnection to receive the updates from.
    i lost all the trophies from bioshock and i can't continue the DLC missions i downloaded for it but as soon as PSN is functioning once more everything is expected to return normal.

4. Slick

Slick Banned

My Dad has been jokingly saying it's my fault because a day before this occured I pretty much played the PS3 for the very first time (or at least seriously, that is). He hasn't checked if it's affected ours.

: D

Also, why care about trophies. They definitely don't have the same feeling as the 360 achievements that they were trying to emulate.

5. Ultimate Glalie

Ultimate Glalie Well-Known Member

Apparently Sony has promised a fix within 24 hours.

I'm really glad I have a Slim PS3 now.

6. I heard about the this about five minutes after it started.

I had finished just finished playing on my PS3 an hour before this happened. I see this as a screwup on Sony's part, but it should be fixed as soon as the internal clock gets itself out of a non existent day...which is in a couple of hours. Apparently.

7. WTF my ps3 died all together today i cant turn it on the yellow light of death as the internets puts it and now i gotta pay 150$ to get it repaired WTF?

You cant invent the wheel twice, isnt that right Mr. Natal?

8. Slick

Slick Banned

I don't support Natal whatsoever. Please show me where I've endorsed the future product.

9. 42

42 Wat.

When I first heard trophies I thought "cool, we're going to get pieces of artwork and 3d models to view like with Brawl's trophies." But then I learned they were just less rewarding versions of achievements.

10. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

get this filthy xbox player outta here >:-(

anyway, this morning (GMT+1) i turned on my PS3 and PSN seems to be able to log on again, too bad i lost all my bioshock trophies *crawls under a cold shower*

moving on to interesting stuff here's the latest update:

i guess it's time for me to find any damaged stuff to replace and see if i can retrieve my lost bioshock trophies by syncronising them to PSN, that usualy works.

edit:
    lol it seems there is a rant going on about the lost trophies and people not being able to play heavy rain:p

edit edit:
    ahhh, this proves to be useful for those who hestitate a little about the trophies:

so, watch out with the savefiles it sais, as for the trophies it is a fact that i still have my bioshock trophies displayed on my PSN account (click spoiler + card in my sig), perhaps that will solve the problem. just give it a little time (about an hour or so) to return after sync, that is all.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  11. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

Since it's been fixed for three days now, is there really any point in this topic still being open? I feel like this might end up becoming a console war topic if it remains open much longer.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  12. Slick

Slick Banned

Yes, please close this immediately. The crappy PS3 doesn't deserve a thread.

HERE WE GO!

13. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

leave this topic alone guys.

14. Surfing_Pikachu

Surfing_Pikachu ____________

Mmkay Slick, enjoy being nickle and dimed in order to do something every other console in this gen gets for free. Seriously though, this topic needs to be closed considering everything is back to normal if I understood right.

15. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

i was hoping this thread could simply die since everybody here seems to realize this place has no longer use but it seems i overestimated you guys.
    not that i'm bothered that people keep replying though, when you guys are done racking up your postcount in this place i'll delete it, eheheheheheh.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010