• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please Get Morpeko! (1159)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
OH YES, Team rocket finally got their own Pokemon! Now Team Rocket's gacha machine couldn't be needed anymore.
Except it does because Jessie still doesn't have anything and Morpeko is still a wild card.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Can I just say how awfully hurt I am to see Cinderace demoted to Cameo Land? I get WHY it was; one whole less character to animate walking in shots, but it still breaks my heart to see Goh’s first Pokémon, the Pokémon he changed his dream to catch, the Pokémon that chased after him on a train and gotten eaten by a Snorlax for is now barely seen along with Drizzile who was booted to Cameo Land+ practically 1 episode after the new baby was caught. The excitement Cinderace has when Goh calls for it at the lab brings a tear to my eye because I still see the Scorbunny high-fiving him with its foot.

It sucks Cinderace and Drizzile don't show often but it's because the writer's have nothing for them to do (besides Project Mew stuff)

Even if they did show up more they'd just be regulated to scarecrows in the background

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I'm still holding out hope that Jessie will eventually just take the Chewtle for herself and the Rocket Prize Disaster will be phased out altogether. Pretty cool that James actually caught Morpeko, too.
I hope they keep the Gatcha and I have no idea why people are so incessant on blaming TRio’s writing issues (which span way before just PM) entirely on the Gatcha.

It’s like fans pretending Gou’s presence suddenly manifested all of Satoshi’s core writing issues/flaws lol

Last edited:

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
An Extremely Long Interview with the TRio's Seiyuus came out just this morning.

Red and Blue

Now that they are finally catching Pokemon again hopefully either Jessie or James gets that Cramorant

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
YES! Let's go! This episode reinforced why James is my fav TR member like damn he's so good, he was excellent here. So glad Morpeko got caught. TR's redemption starts. After the Ditto episode and the Sinnoh resort episode TR were really treated badly except for the second and 3rd 2-parter episodes. Recently though their appearances have been fun and lively, the Pikachu gets arrested episode, the errand episode and now this <3
All in for their redemption, remember when people got mad TR barely had focus in the preview trailer, well well looks like that isn't the case and we are actually getting good TR content. Now for Jessie to catch cramorant and Chewtle to evolve and dynamax. And since Gatchat still exists, pls use it better again, giving TR good mons and all.
A great episode! Journeys has been really enjoyable for me lately
Looks like drawn by kids
You must be fun at parties

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
...As one might expect since I made this rant just a few hours ago, I am not happy with how this turned out. Because this basically just means that nothing is changing in regards to this Arceus-forsaken excuse for a joke.
But SM taught us that characters getting abused is hilarious and everyone knows SM is the best series ever and the pinnacle of writing, so...

:p

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Interesting episode. Any episode when James catches any pokemon always has some emotional part to it. Otherwise, morpeko is going to get annoying fast if they don't fix its gag in a future episode.

Also wtf was Aceburn doing when it was getting pecked? That was just ridiculous, and a bad attempt at trying to be funny. Natu itself is adorable though!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Galarian Hamtaro is hardcore. And Dark (type)

Overall, this episode was... Something. If it was just about any pokémon it'd be a good capture episode but considering how they set the TR x Morpeko dynamic it's... Really dissapointing. Like if they could at least have addressed Morpeko getting better with the hunger issue, it'd be one thing. But just have a capture when things will more or less be the same is just... Poor writting. This episode feels like it should've come sooner or at least the James x Morpeko connection should've been set up before. The way they are setting, TR comes off as masochists since they are keeping a pokémon that just makes their lives miserable. It feels more like a forced capture - not different than Ash getting Riolu - just so they can say "see? TR got the Pikaclone with dark typing".

Really, I'm no TR fan but this episode was mixed bag for me. It just doesn't work on several levels.

Except it does because Jessie still doesn't have anything and Morpeko is still a wild card.
She still has Wobbuffet. Mascot or not, it's still her pokémon

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Man, what happened to Lucario? He was this tough boy who somehow saw eating sweets as something extremely beneath him (with no clear reason why because how do Pokemon even know that much when they evolve?), but now it's become this extreme caricature that not even he used to be as a Riolu. Talk about badass decay out of the blue.

Congratulations, James. You have finally caught a Pokemon (the first one...) after SEVENTY EPISODES INTO THE SAGA (dear god, this is pretty pathetic). Serena can easily rest that she's not the one who caught a Pokemon much later than the rest.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I just realized...
Morpeko is Ootani Ikue. Like, it's so obvious. Its angry shouts sound exactly like an angry Chopper from One Piece. So the "Pikachu clone" of this show also has Pikachu's voice.

Somehow I have been noticing a lot of multi-castings as of late specifically. I also am suddenly hearing Miki Shin'ichiro voicing like half the Pokémon. Even though him voicing a bunch of Pokémon in addition to Kojiro is hardly new.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Man, what happened to Lucario? He was this tough boy who somehow saw eating sweets as something extremely beneath him (with no clear reason why because how do Pokemon even know that much when they evolve?), but now it's become this extreme caricature that not even he used to be as a Riolu. Talk about badass decay out of the blue.

Congratulations, James. You have finally caught a Pokemon (the first one...) after SEVENTY EPISODES INTO THE SAGA (dear god, this is pretty pathetic). Serena can easily rest that she's not the one who caught a Pokemon much later than the rest.
At least Lucario learned to stop being Angry and Stoic

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I hope they keep the Gatcha and I have no idea why people are so incessant on blaming TRio’s writing issues (which span way before just PM) entirely on the Gatcha.

It’s like fans pretending Gou’s presence suddenly manifested all of Satoshi’s core writing issues/flaws lol
I just don't like it because they keep using random mons that never show up again instead of their own mons that they actually bond with over time.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I just don't like it because they keep using random mons that never show up again instead of their own mons that they actually bond with over time.
I get what you mean but even before this catch Morpeko was appearing and they weren’t really eh…bonding with it? They have recurring relationships with Kamukamu/Pelliper too. I kind think all TRio-adjacent ‘mon are gags rn.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Galarian Hamtaro is hardcore. And Dark (type)

Overall, this episode was... Something. If it was just about any pokémon it'd be a good capture episode but considering how they set the TR x Morpeko dynamic it's... Really dissapointing. Like if they could at least have addressed Morpeko getting better with the hunger issue, it'd be one thing. But just have a capture when things will more or less be the same is just... Poor writting. This episode feels like it should've come sooner or at least the James x Morpeko connection should've been set up before. The way they are setting, TR comes off as masochists since they are keeping a pokémon that just makes their lives miserable. It feels more like a forced capture - not different than Ash getting Riolu - just so they can say "see? TR got the Pikaclone with dark typing".

Really, I'm no TR fan but this episode was mixed bag for me. It just doesn't work on several levels.

She still has Wobbuffet. Mascot or not, it's still her pokémon
And as usual, you can count the number of times Wobbuffet is used on one hand. ...Wait, has he been used at all so far this series?

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
And as usual, you can count the number of times Wobbuffet is used on one hand. ...Wait, has he been used at all so far this series?
Was used to block Rabbifoot’s attack in the Metamon episode…I consistently forget she has a Sonansu. He last got used at the Manalo Conference against Skull/Hidoide.